FORUMS

[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

1,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,033

By OldDroid, Recognized Developer on 15th April 2019, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 9.0 - either updated or shipped.
So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Huawei Mate 20X.
Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 1+), OmniRom
You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: https://openkirin.net

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.0, with stock recovery_ramdisk

Support: Telegram - https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw

XDA:DevDB Information
OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Huawei Mate 20 X

Contributors
OldDroid, XePeleato, irony_delerium, surdu_petru
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI9, Stock Recovery
Based On: ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniROM, LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-04-15
Last Updated 2019-04-15
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to OldDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2019, 10:14 PM |#2  
Flag Roanoke
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Thank you for this awesome rom! Running pretty smooth so far. Almost flawless! Just a couple of issues for me... No pen support, kill app back button in developer options is not working, no always on clock display on lock screen... Some of the good stuff... WiFi calling works! No Chinese crap! Yay! Battery life indicator for Bluetooth is back! push notifications work great!
15th April 2019, 10:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Awesome rom using it now thanks
15th April 2019, 11:07 PM |#4  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thank you for your hard work and this awesome ROM.

The only issue I have so far is the inability to make calls. Whenever i attempt to make a call the phone just hangs up.
In some cases I cannot receive phone calls like the ones from banking apps to verify the users identity.

Probably something went wrong in the installation process.
I would like to know if anyone is facing the same issue before attempting to do a full reset.

Cheers.
15th April 2019, 11:18 PM |#5  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Got it working. Very very pleased to have rr on mate 20x. I installed magisk using open Kirin website instructions. Where it says 'fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img' .... I flashed to ramdisk_recovery, and have to do a button bashing combination when phone boots to get root. If I don't hold buttons, when phone boots, it gets stuck on home screen with a message displaying.

Did I flash patched image to the correct partition?

Thanks again.
15th April 2019, 11:28 PM |#6  
Flag Roanoke

More
Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothikserpent

Thank you for your hard work and this awesome ROM.

The only issue I have so far is the inability to make calls. Whenever i attempt to make a call the phone just hangs up.
In some cases I cannot receive phone calls like the ones from banking apps to verify the users identity.

Probably something went wrong in the installation process.
I would like to know if anyone is facing the same issue before attempting to do a full reset.

Cheers.

Calls working great for me. Make sure when you reinstall you do the recovery partition correctly or you will have errors
16th April 2019, 02:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
First thanks for getting this rom released for our phone!!

Regardless what I have Preferred SIM for Calls set to, the prompt for what SIM to use when making a call always pops up. I like to have it set to my SIM1. The settings for Preferred SIM for Mobile data and SMS messages does work but they don't have an Ask every time option. Not a deal breaker but would be nice if it worked properly.
16th April 2019, 05:24 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Is there any legit alternative to huawei's password vault that will work on this ROM? I want the phone to remember my password for apps that requires logging in so it's easier.
16th April 2019, 07:28 PM |#9  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer2499

Calls working great for me. Make sure when you reinstall you do the recovery partition correctly or you will have errors

I got it working after flashing a more recent recovery_ramdisk and a factory reset.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gothikserpent For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothikserpent Ad-Free
17th April 2019, 10:38 PM |#10  
Flag Roanoke

More
I have a t mobile lite icon and and a lite on icon in the pull down bar. Are they the same? I was tricked in to thinking I had WiFi calling. I have WiFi calling enabled to WiFi preferred but it actually isn't working. Any suggestions to get it to work?
18th April 2019, 12:04 AM |#11  
Flag Ibadan, NIGERIA
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Can I install on EMUI 9.1 beta? Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)