[ROMs][TREBLE] OpenKirin AOSP Collection

Search This thread

lazycow

May 23, 2019
Vancouver, WA
how can i open bootllader? in a mate 20x global.

The Mate 20 X cannot currently be unlocked. Huawei has never provided unlock codes for this device, and the leaked codes sold by third parties were stopped some time ago. A leak could always happen again. Or Huawei could return to supporting the enthusiast community and providing codes on request like they used to. I have seen no evidence that either is likely to happen.

ben63vw

Oct 2, 2010
I am on android 10 using AOSP 10 Preview 2 on my EVR-L29. So far so good. No bugs... yet

So it's rooted and on android 10? I did the official update and lost root with bootloader locked and won't unlock with known methods. Can you post a screen shot of your About screen?

lazycow

May 23, 2019
Vancouver, WA
So it's rooted and on android 10? I did the official update and lost root with bootloader locked and won't unlock with known methods. Can you post a screen shot of your About screen?

I also updated to EMUI 10 and "lost" bootloader unlock. Then reverted to EMUI 9.1 using Hisuite. Bootloader was unlocked again after reboot. So EMUI 10 seems to be ignoring unlock rather than disabling it. Replaced EMUI 9.1 with AOSP 10 preview 2 from OpenKirin, and it works as well as it did before the 10 upgrade. Don't see a path to rooted EMUI 10.

Reactions: jbmc83

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Correct, it's rooted and on ANDROID 10 not EMUI 10.
I also updated to EMUI 10 and "lost" bootloader unlock. Then reverted to EMUI 9.1 using Hisuite. Bootloader was unlocked again after reboot. So EMUI 10 seems to be ignoring unlock rather than disabling it. Replaced EMUI 9.1 with AOSP 10 preview 2 from OpenKirin, and it works as well as it did before the 10 upgrade. Don't see a path to rooted EMUI 10.

Sadly, I don't see a path to it either. I miss EMUI 10 just for the alarm sound ringing even if phone is turned off feature. Plus scroll screen capture was nice.

PhoneTechShop

Feb 7, 2019
Guyyz just forget android 10 rooted it isn't like old days .. different commands no support anymore.. magisk up to android 9 I suppose..

bark1234

Sep 11, 2010
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Mi 8

Hey which magisk version are you using to root aosp p2?

also is fingerprint sensor working for you in root? for me fingerprint sensor is broken when i boot to magisk rooted, in normal boot it works fine.

lazycow

May 23, 2019
Vancouver, WA
Hey which magisk version are you using to root aosp p2?

also is fingerprint sensor working for you in root? for me fingerprint sensor is broken when i boot to magisk rooted, in normal boot it works fine.

I gave up on this phone a long time ago. Reverting from EMUI 10 to 9 to AOSP P2 was just to see what would happen, and I thought sharing the result might help someone. I reinstalled EMUI 10 and threw it back in the drawer as a backup.

Reactions: Abdul Oxford

lazycow

May 23, 2019
Vancouver, WA
Been using "AEX Beta 1 P1 (No GApps)" from OpenKirin for several weeks. A few small bugs and jitters, but overall a smooth and reliable ROM. Don't use GMS/Play, fingerprint, bluetooth, NFC, location or magisk, so YMMV. Stock camera is included. Nice to finally have a GMS free option. Really appreciate the OpenKirin hackers keeping unlocked Huawei phones alive.

Reactions: Abdul Oxford

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
Hello. Can anyone confirm how's the camera using these roms? Can you make use of all 3 cameras? (Or maybe the Huawei camera has been ported?)

lazycow

May 23, 2019
Vancouver, WA
hey mate, may i ask what made u switch from AEX to EMUI 11? how would u compare the two?
The last ROM I used regularly was AEX. I had a good experience with it. I like basic AOSP, and AOSP plus stock camera is perfect. AEX also has the IR remote app from stock, but that did not work for me. Whoever built AEX did good work, and I used it as a daily driver.

I have also used EMUI 9, 10 and 11. They all worked well, especially 9. I just prefer a clean custom ROM.

The only reason I stopped using AEX was the developers abandoning it. The beta 1 build is almost a year old now, and there is no sign that anyone is working on Huawei ROMs anymore. Why would they? Huawei locked us out, and there aren't many unlocked devices left.

If you don't need all the extra apps and services that Huawei includes in stock, I think AEX is still the best ROM available. And the Mate 20 X is still a great phone.

Reactions: jbmc83

93starletgt

Aug 5, 2007
The last ROM I used regularly was AEX. I had a good experience with it. I like basic AOSP, and AOSP plus stock camera is perfect. AEX also has the IR remote app from stock, but that did not work for me. Whoever built AEX did good work, and I used it as a daily driver.

I have also used EMUI 9, 10 and 11. They all worked well, especially 9. I just prefer a clean custom ROM.

The only reason I stopped using AEX was the developers abandoning it. The beta 1 build is almost a year old now, and there is no sign that anyone is working on Huawei ROMs anymore. Why would they? Huawei locked us out, and there aren't many unlocked devices left.

If you don't need all the extra apps and services that Huawei includes in stock, I think AEX is still the best ROM available. And the Mate 20 X is still a great phone.

I've been running EMUI 11. I just can't live without root. I rather run AEX than EMUI 9 if I have to choose between those two if I want to have root. My bootloader is unlocked, so I'll give it a try.

Question: you stopped using AEX because there's no support anymore. What's the biggest issue you faced with that fact? Security updates? Any other reason?

lazycow

May 23, 2019
Vancouver, WA
I've been running EMUI 11. I just can't live without root. I rather run AEX than EMUI 9 if I have to choose between those two if I want to have root. My bootloader is unlocked, so I'll give it a try.

Question: you stopped using AEX because there's no support anymore. What's the biggest issue you faced with that fact? Security updates? Any other reason?
I have had good experiences with actively maintained devices, so I retired this one when the developers left. It's just a personal preference. The 20 X hardware is still great. AEX was reliable enough for me and hasn't changed.

Reactions: 93starletgt

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
It seems that some unlock BL options appeared. I have N29- 5g international, is it also supported?

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
hey folks, a question here for all the users still rocking the 20x with EMUI 9 base and unlocked BL / rooted: Has anyone tried vanilla treble roms, i.e. GSI roms by phusson on our device yet? if so, how well do they perform? this could be interesting, since it would potentially allow us a way forward to upgrade to Android 11 and beyond (note: EMUI 11 on the 20x is NOT Android 11, but is based on Android 10!).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    openkirinlogo_sm.png

Welcome to Team OpenKirin AOSP Project. Our goal is to provide
    a overall stable AOSP experience across all Huawei/Honor phones
    utilizing a Kirin SoC and EMUI 9.0 - either updated or shipped.
    So far most of the bugs have been fixed and the ROMs are fully usable
    as daily driver - and fully Kirin optimized.

This is the device support section for: Huawei Mate 20X.
    Any bugs found on this device(s) can be reported here, please include proper logs if you encounter any issues.

We support 3 ROMs in total as of now - LineageOS (Unofficial), ResurrectionRemix OS (Official from Beta 1+), OmniRom
    You can find all needed guides/roms on our official website: [url]https://openkirin.net[/URL]

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.0, with stock recovery_ramdisk

Support: Telegram - [url]https://t.me/joinchat/EeDpi02ekfeJSBeaV4eqOw[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    OpenKirin Treble ROMs, ROM for the Huawei Mate 20 X

Contributors
    OldDroid, XePeleato, irony_delerium, surdu_petru
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI9, Stock Recovery
    Based On: ResurrectionRemix OS, OmniROM, LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-04-15
    Last Updated 2019-04-15
    OmniROM Beta 3 is out and sound issue is suppose to be fixed now...

The Camera has a focusing issue and changing the DPI makes the UI a little wonky. Wait until these are fixed before flashing. RR is still running smoothly. It would be awesome if Havoc could be built for the 20 X.
    wow, i was hopping get mine today :x

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I have one question to you, since you are testing the RR and the omnirom, wich one are stable right now?
    Rr, omni or both?

On the 20 X, Resurrection.
    There's more icon there but hidden. You see the rest when you pull down notification panel.

Does anyone know what the white dot next to the nfc icon is for? There are no notifications in my notification shade but the icon disappeares and reappears every now and then.
    Calls working great for me. Make sure when you reinstall you do the recovery partition correctly or you will have errors

I got it working after flashing a more recent recovery_ramdisk and a factory reset.