FORUMS

2 years later and I keep coming back...this phone is STILL amazing.

211 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By imapfsr, Senior Member on 14th March 2020, 05:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a bad habit of going through phones like nobodies business and over the years I have owned what most would call too many. In fact the first question my colleagues usually ask me when we have team meetings etc is what phone do you have now? I have had a few favs all the way back to the first Sony CMZ100 to the Xperia Z-Ultra (had a few stares with that one).
I have never gone back to a phone over two years old on multiple occasions. I have bought and sold my Mate 20x twice and this is my third. I just cannot understand why this thing keeps calling me back.
Maybe it’s the beaut 7.2" flat screen (I must admit the Note 10+ almost had me but sold it as I didn’t like the curve).
Perhaps it’s the never fails fingerprint reader on the back that just always seems to work (that in screen one on the Note 10+ seemed to fail me 8 out of ten times).
Could it be the never ending battery life of the Mate 20X which is just fantastic.
Even now, two years later I still find myself picking this phone up and just looking at it and thinking how amazing it is.
Huawei hit it out of the park with this phone and I wonder if we will ever see another Mate..X to replace it...maybe one day we will.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imapfsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imapfsr Ad-Free
14th March 2020, 08:12 AM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapfsr

I have a bad habit of going through phones like nobodies business and over the years I have owned what most would call too many. In fact the first question my colleagues usually ask me when we have team meetings etc is what phone do you have now? I have had a few favs all the way back to the first Sony CMZ100 to the Xperia Z-Ultra (had a few stares with that one).
I have never gone back to a phone over two years old on multiple occasions. I have bought and sold my Mate 20x twice and this is my third. I just cannot understand why this thing keeps calling me back.
Maybe it’s the beaut 7.2" flat screen (I must admit the Note 10+ almost had me but sold it as I didn’t like the curve).
Perhaps it’s the never fails fingerprint reader on the back that just always seems to work (that in screen one on the Note 10+ seemed to fail me 8 out of ten times).
Could it be the never ending battery life of the Mate 20X which is just fantastic.
Even now, two years later I still find myself picking this phone up and just looking at it and thinking how amazing it is.
Huawei hit it out of the park with this phone and I wonder if we will ever see another Mate..X to replace it...maybe one day we will.

Very well said. I am the same. Get asked by colleagues nd regular clients what phone I have quiet regulary as I change mine very often but have managed to keep my Mate 20X 5G and had the non 5g before for a short period. I must say I still miss my Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra for its powerful dual speaker that to date no phone can match (5g Mate20x only has 1 speaker and the earpiece speaker as a 2nd loudspeaker).

Overall all is good but given the actual phone size of my previously owned Asus ZF3U, I think Huawei could easily offer a larger 7.9"/8.4" display on next version with integrated stylus, independent dualsim+memory card expansion (better dual sim management options inside the notification menu as options/shortcuts) better customisable launcher like the Asus Launcher and finally at least dual but preferably quad speaker setup. Then this phone would be the ultimate productivity and entertainment device.

My phone came with Android 9 and now updated to Android 10, I am loving it even more. I enjoy how apps can be scaled with system wide dpi changes and find that I don't need my laptop for some productivity tasks, which is what these devices should offer given their size.

I really hope we can get Automatic Call Recording working again on the International EVR-N29 5g model as Android 10 took that apk workaround away.

Just imagine having a dual display accessory of the same size for this phone like the LG V60-maybe with the stylus integrated into it, then nothing would match this device on the market.
The Following User Says Thank You to AWFRONT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AWFRONT Ad-Free
14th March 2020, 09:27 AM |#3  
Flag Bagsværd
Thanks Meter: 157

More
It's the same here, in 2018 I had 5 phones. Until 2018 I had the Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra, this huge phone I still miss sometimes (still have it).
But since this piece of art, I can't find any other phone which can match it... At all.

I still looks at Sammy S20 Ultra, but some things like the size, no Snapdragon in my county etc.

So I keep my M20X L29 636, with a smile on my face.

Sendt fra min EVR-L29 med Tapatalk
15th March 2020, 04:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapfsr

Funny you mention that. I was very close to buying the mate 20X. But as soon as news of the new Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro with 7.1 inch screen was released I soon forgot about any idea of buying it.

Right now the specs of the BS3 Pro destroy the 20X big time. I can't wait for it to officially come out. When it does I'll judge it against the 20X. If reviews on it meet my expectations I'll quickly forget about any chance of buying the 20X. If not I will buy the 20X. But to be perfectly honest, I think it will demolish the 20X.

Its time that a new big 7 inch screen phone take over as an upgrade. The 20X is definitely getting a bit old now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jojokoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jojokoo Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 10:36 AM |#5  
Flag Bagsværd

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojokoo

Funny you mention that. I was very close to buying the mate 20X. But as soon as news of the new Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro with 7.1 inch screen was released I soon forgot about any idea of buying it.

Right now the specs of the BS3 Pro destroy the 20X big time. I can't wait for it to officially come out. When it does I'll judge it against the 20X. If reviews on it meet my expectations I'll quickly forget about any chance of buying the 20X. If not I will buy the 20X. But to be perfectly honest, I think it will demolish the 20X.

Its time that a new big 7 inch screen phone take over as an upgrade. The 20X is definitely getting a bit old now.

Wouuvvvv thx for info, I did not hear about this phone before.
I have the M20X since 2018, still hell of a phone, but this Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro will beat it Ofc, it's around 2 years later now (around).

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDisplay

Wouuvvvv thx for info, I did not hear about this phone before.
I have the M20X since 2018, still hell of a phone, but this Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro will beat it Ofc, it's around 2 years later now (around).

Arrrr isn't the Xiaomi Black Shark 3 Pro with the damn curved display?? If it's a yes it's a no thx from here.
Tried it 3 times in the past with Sammy S serie edge phones, I really can't live with this, it's so annoying and makes the display even smaller to.

15th March 2020, 11:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
I agree! I almost sold this phone and thank God I didn't!, Yeah so there's new phone that are big but better specs. Who the fook cares! People so concerned about specs and the latest processor, etc. I'm more interested in my own every day usage. So the hottest newest 7 inch phone is faster and has more ram/ storage or a "better" camera. So what! Most people will not notice or need this shite in their day to day usage. Most reviewers are complaining about stuff that really doesn't matter if you actually take the time to use it. I love this phone!

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elcidroyale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elcidroyale Ad-Free
15th March 2020, 05:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcidroyale

I agree! I almost sold this phone and thank God I didn't!, Yeah so there's new phone that are big but better specs. Who the **** cares! People so concerned about specs and I'm more interested in my own every day usage. So the newest version makes my phone faster and has more ram or storage. Who cares. I don't notice the difference in my have. I love this phone!

Correct. I can't wait for the Black Shark 3 Pro to come out also. Definitely a big upgrade from the 20X, big time! It also has wireless charging for its 7.1 inch screen. It'll be the new king of big phones from now on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojokoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jojokoo Ad-Free
16th March 2020, 11:26 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Wireless charging??? Like you said, it takes forever. to charge. I have no NEED for wireless charging. People are so lazy they can't use a cable?? That's a reason to upgrade a fantastic phone?? You want a bigger screen?? 8.4 inch phone? The 7.1 inch phone is already a bit heavy in the pocket. SMH. Most people don't think for themselves and allow reviewers, specs and technology trends to dictate what's good for them.

Also it's ridiculous when reviewers complain about no headphone jack. It is clear to me they are just repeating other reviewers say and not actually using the device for any substantial amount of time. Yeah it would be nice if every tech still had headphone jacks. But since they don't and most include an adapter or adapters are a few bucks - who cares. In my day to day usage, the inconvenience of not having a headphone jack (on my other devices) is ZERO.

Most people are too concerned with the latest and greatest tech for their devices rather then thinking for themselves to see what actually matters.

Mod Edit: Quote Removed
16th March 2020, 11:30 PM |#9  
Flag Bagsværd

More
Please guys... Respect we all thinking different or it will be a shitty place to be.

I have been in here since I bought my M20X l29 636 in 2018.
2 month ago or something I left the forum because of pll yak yak yak. Some days ago I came back to se and still the same...??

Why are folks like this, see the world right now fill up with egoistic morans with their heads up in their a..

16th March 2020, 11:48 PM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDisplay

Please guys... Respect we all thinking different or it will be a shitty place to be.

I have been in here since I bought my M20X l29 636 in 2018.
2 month ago or something I left the forum because of pll yak yak yak. Some days ago I came back to se and still the same...??

Why are folks like this, see the world right now fill up with egoistic morans with their heads up in their a..

Yes but at least have big proper reason to really upgrade the phone..
Nowadays ppl just doing it because they are being forced or blinded.. Like elcidroyale said..
Who on earth needs crazy camera with unrealistic 100x pointless zoom when nobody goonna even using it? Or nobody normal person orderdinary not even using camera how week is long.??? 5 - 7 photos that's it.. Or when cpu is only like 5% better which you will NEVER ever notice..
And biggest nonsense RAM. Just every one is gimmicked and lured by increasing numbers which not doing anything.. Only longer time of evolving electronic devices will feel the difference or when something isn't working on particular device or support is discontinued..
My laptop from 2015 had its limits as hdmi was outdated and I couldn't run [email protected] on my new 4k tv.. Now new laptops support hdmi 2.0 so I need to buy new laptop. And yes the picture from old tv is a huge difference + amazing HDR brightness- THIS is real upgrade no one year old phone only.. This phone has still another year or two potential..
My brother stil owns Honor 6 Plus and that's quite old I bought him new sony xiperia 10 and he still doesn't want to get rid of honor 6+
17th March 2020, 12:16 AM |#11  
Flag Bagsværd

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneTechShop

Yes but at least have big proper reason to really upgrade the phone..

Nowadays ppl just doing it because they are being forced or blinded.. Like elcidroyale said..

Who on earth needs crazy camera with unrealistic 100x pointless zoom when nobody goonna even using it? Or nobody normal person orderdinary not even using camera how week is long.??? 5 - 7 photos that's it.. Or when cpu is only like 5% better which you will NEVER ever notice..

And biggest nonsense RAM. Just every one is gimmicked and lured by increasing numbers which not doing anything.. Only longer time of evolving electronic devices will feel the difference or when something isn't working on particular device or support is discontinued..

My laptop from 2015 had its limits as hdmi was outdated and I couldn't run [email protected] on my new 4k tv.. Now new laptops support hdmi 2.0 so I need to buy new laptop. And yes the picture from old tv is a huge difference + amazing HDR brightness- THIS is real upgrade no one year old phone only.. This phone has still another year or two potential..

My brother stil owns Honor 6 Plus and that's quite old I bought him new sony xiperia 10 and he still doesn't want to get rid of honor 6+

I agree 100% with u in ur headlines about phone updates. But still we can respect each other and if we disagree, we still can tell it in a proper tone.

That's just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigDisplay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigDisplay Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)