AL00 9.1.0.116 Released

Search This thread

OrionBG

Sep 21, 2004
London, UK
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Hey guys,

I just checked for updates and I got an update to my 9.0.0.200 to 9.1.0.116 :)

Screenshot_20190418_145705_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg Screenshot_20190418_145734_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg Screenshot_20190418_150723_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

Last edited:

filip_pine

Jan 15, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Yes. They all show now

Seems that Huawei Team is reading this forum very often... because they listen to their users :

- They block the Database Unlock Codes
- They Add the third-party Notifications when Screen is off
- They block the option to Remove Stock launcher by ADB Command starting with 195 Update
- They block the option to Remove the Stock launcher by Package Disabler starting with 200 Update

All of these info's were discussed here and only here. There is no way they could have got this info from any elsewhere rather than xda...

Well done, Huawei... you take the worst from your users, but never take any good opinions to Upgrade... I feel sorry i throw my money on you... I should have stick with Xiaomi...

Last edited:

praveen6585

Jul 28, 2010
Mumbai
Seems that Huawei Team is reading this forum very often... because they listen to their users :

- They block the option to Remove Stock launcher by ADB Command starting with 195 Update
- They block the option to Remove the Stock launcher by Package Disabler starting with 200 Update

From what i understand, point 2 is actually a good thing. Points 3 and 4 were always a known issue for the Chinese version and people had just found a loophole to fix it. Anyone not wanting that issue was always advised to go for the international version which works flawlessly with third party launchers from the start. Point 1 was also a known issue and only loopholes were being used.

Bottom line is that Huawei has not sprung any surprises on us. I am more than happy with my international version. The only issue was the AOD was not supporting third party apps so i was using NoLED but with that fixed its all good.

Last edited:

filip_pine

Jan 15, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Xiaomi 11T Pro
From what i understand, point 2 is actually a good thing. Points 3 and 4 were always a known issue for the Chinese version and people had just found a loophole to fix it. Anyone not wanting that issue was always advised to go for the international version which works flawlessly with third party launchers from the start. Point 1 was also a known issue and only loopholes were being used.

Bottom line is that Huawei has not sprung any surprises on us. I am more than happy with my international version. The only issue was the AOD was not supporting third party apps so i was using NoLED but with that fixed its all good.

I am just curious... how it is supposed for the L29 to work flawlessly with third-party Launchers when everyone said that they can't Remove Stock Launcher on L29 ? :eek:
Am i missing something here ?

Whatever, what i wanted to said is everything that has been discussed here on XDA they are in direct proportions with the exact feature / or not that Huawei is pushing to our Mate 20 X at the moment...

- We wanted third Party launcher and we found a way to do it : Huawei Disabled any method to remove the Stock Launcher by now !
- We wanted third-party Apps Notifications with the Screen Off : Huawei gives us that !
- We wanted to Unlock Bootloader, we did it somehow... : Huawei stop this now...
- We wanted a more advanced ROM : Huawei give us the ROM much more faster than we thought...

What i'm trying to say here is that, somehow, Huawei is reading XDA a lot in the past time :))

Last edited:

praveen6585

Jul 28, 2010
Mumbai
I am just curious... how it is supposed for the L29 to work flawlessly with third-party Launchers when everyone said that they can't Remove Stock Launcher on L29 ? :eek:

What i'm trying to say here is that, somehow, Huawei is reading XDA a lot in the past time :))

I haven't tried to remove the stock launcher but there is the option to switch to other launchers from the default app selection menu. Attached the screenshot for reference.

Also, i know for a fact that most companies have a dedicated social media team which handles Twitter, Facebook and other posts. Whenever i have a complaint against any service,i usually post on Twitter and get a much quicker response than calling up the help desk. I am sure they are monitoring forums relevant to their products or service as well to get feedback. Might be the same why Huawei

Attachments

• tmp-cam-3328657357948088650.jpg
    tmp-cam-3328657357948088650.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 952

filip_pine

Jan 15, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I haven't tried to remove the stock launcher but there is the option to switch to other launchers from the default app selection menu. Attached the screenshot for reference.

Huh.. that's interesting...What Software version are you running buddy ?

Can anyone with EVR-AL00 can select another Launcher rather that the Stock one ? I am wondering if Huawei did listen to this as well and they offer us the chance to Change to third party Launcher with their new EMUI ...

praveen6585

Jul 28, 2010
Mumbai
Huh.. that's interesting...What Software version are you running buddy ?

Can anyone with EVR-AL00 can select another Launcher rather that the Stock one ? I am wondering if Huawei did listen to this as well and they offer us the chance to Change to third party Launcher with their new EMUI ...

Running stock rom .. 9.0.0.192 on EVR L29. This feature was there since the past few updates as well. Like i mentioned earlier, i don't think this is a direct option on the AL00

Attachments

• tmp-cam-7241941848094302356.jpg
    tmp-cam-7241941848094302356.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 744

rowihel2012

Oct 13, 2012
Soo disappointed
Even with 9.1 update they can't fix the ugly front camera soft image processing
Damn you HUAWEI

Portrait are ****
Faces details are bad with rear too

DelBoyJamie

Nov 24, 2018

All of these info's were discussed here and only here. There is no way they could have got this info from any elsewhere rather than xda...

Well done, Huawei... you take the worst from your users, but never take any good opinions to Upgrade... I feel sorry i throw my money on you... I should have stick with Xiaomi...

All these issues have been extensively spoken on other platforms including huawei own forums. Nevertheless this is great news. Only thing Id like to ask is the people above are they outside China has this now been pushed to EU and UK also I'd love to see a image of what the 3rd party notifications look like on AOD screen.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Agreed.
I'm on LYA-L09 C432e10r1p16 hopefully I'll be getting soon I'm in UK I believe my rom is EU version international not sure I forgot.
I've not had issues with launchers I use Nova and Hyperion, hyperion I feel is best atm
Either way the gpu boost update is good and the best thing for me is the AOD notifications this was a killer for me.

Reactions: praveen6585

Lpuboy87

Jun 12, 2012
NYC
Got my update yesterday for my Mate 20 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419_192957_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419_192957_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 478

Lpuboy87

Jun 12, 2012
NYC
Even when using power saving
Phone performance is extremely fast and smooth
With this update

so far seems good...the one hiccup i am noticing on my Mate 20 pro, is the fingerprint scanner has trouble recognizing at times and i didnt have this issue before. Most part its ok but sometimes i wont recognize fingerprint and i need to punch in my pin to unlock

rowihel2012

Oct 13, 2012
so far seems good...the one hiccup i am noticing on my Mate 20 pro, is the fingerprint scanner has trouble recognizing at times and i didnt have this issue before. Most part its ok but sometimes i wont recognize fingerprint and i need to punch in my pin to unlock

Do factory reset

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

So they cant gave us decent front camera software?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes. They all show now

Whatever, what i wanted to said is everything that has been discussed here on XDA they are in direct proportions with the exact feature / or not that Huawei is pushing to our Mate 20 X at the moment...

- We wanted third Party launcher and we found a way to do it : Huawei Disabled any method to remove the Stock Launcher by now !
    - We wanted third-party Apps Notifications with the Screen Off : Huawei gives us that !
    - We wanted to Unlock Bootloader, we did it somehow... : Huawei stop this now...
    - We wanted a more advanced ROM : Huawei give us the ROM much more faster than we thought...

Hey guys,

I just checked for updates and I got an update to my 9.0.0.200 to 9.1.0.116 :)

Screenshot_20190418_145705_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg Screenshot_20190418_145734_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg Screenshot_20190418_150723_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Adds the display of 3rd party app notification when screen is off! Does than mean it shows up on the always on display screen??
    Yes. They all show now