FORUMS

View Poll Results: SHOULD HUAWEI ALLOW THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED

YES

30 Vote(s)
90.91%
NO

3 Vote(s)
9.09%

Goodbye Huawei? What is your next phone?

406 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By s327374, Senior Member on 6th September 2019, 01:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I hope people respond to this and I hope it sends a message.

Firstly, I have simply loved so much about this phone. Camera, battery, screen etc! However, most importantly, the Huawei sanctions and walled garden that I, and others, have truly hated means that I will likely never recommend or use another Huawei after this ...

UNLESS THERE IS A CHANGE!

Please help send a message and reply to this message. Especially to my AL00 CN version brethren and sisters, but also the Western version users.

At any rate, my hope is that you can help and, together, we can make a statement... and that someone from Huawei reads this and S-T-O-P-S the bullshit.

Of course, I could be a massive minority (would not surprise me). But I simply just wish for this company to allow users like myself the freedom to use their devices as we want.

Having said that, though, there will likely be other options on the horizon soon that spark our interest ----- and maybe that might just be the fun of it all.

Is it goodbye, Huawei? Please help Huawei listen and keep this thread going.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s327374 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s327374 Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 01:56 PM |#2  
Flag Bagsværd
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Sorry, dont have the needs for rooting at all.
I like the phone as it is, but its stuoid for those people who have the needs to root the phone and then they not allowed... Stupid.

Sendt fra min EVR-L29 med Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BigDisplay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigDisplay Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 02:54 PM |#3  
Flag Prescot
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I'm currently sniffing round the Note 10/10+, I've had a good 10/11 months with this phone but will be looking for something new in the next few days
6th September 2019, 03:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
it'll be an iphone, want a phone that'll keep being updated for the next 4 years and a somewhat decent screen size
6th September 2019, 04:49 PM |#5  
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskinrobbin

it'll be an iphone, want a phone that'll keep being updated for the next 4 years and a somewhat decent screen size

Decent screen with iphone?

apple slow your phone to make you buy another one, not so great, update = slowdown ur smart...

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiweston

I'm currently sniffing round the Note 10/10+, I've had a good 10/11 months with this phone but will be looking for something new in the next few days

The note 10+ is a a bit close to the price i'm selling my mate 20X, if i sell in this month, i'll maybe.. just maybe, buy Note 10+ or i'll wait for the Mi fold *this smart will be so ****ing beatifull*
The Following User Says Thank You to thiagoserrao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thiagoserrao Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 05:07 PM |#6  
Flag Prescot

More
I've just bought the note, picking up from local store shortly.

I'm going to put my 20X on ebay and see how it does
6th September 2019, 08:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
What effect does the walled garden have ? I've just ordered the CN version!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
6th September 2019, 10:10 PM |#8  
Flag Oxford

More
Never again. No more Huawei for me. I also got AL00 CN version. Love and hate this thing at the same time. Managed to root it before they stopped that, but when I pay so much for a phone I want to be able to do what I want with it. I have RR on mine. Honestly, never again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abdul Oxford For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Abdul Oxford Ad-Free
7th September 2019, 12:51 AM |#9  
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I just sold mine, i'm buying oneplus 7 pro, or i'll wait for the 7T pro, i don't know what to buy it. I know that oneplus 7T will be lauching in 16 days i guess. But i don't have that time to buy it at china. Better buy for now the 7 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to thiagoserrao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thiagoserrao Ad-Free
7th September 2019, 01:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I returned my note 10 plus and picked up this phone. I love it.
7th September 2019, 03:11 AM |#11  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 1,083

More
The Mate 20 series is quite capable but the fact you can't use a different launcher (on Chinese version which I own) among other things has me looking elsewhere. Interested in Samsung's folding phone. It apparently has been released in Korea and will soon be released in US...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)