My Essential Tasker Mod Pack

Search This thread

AllanRSS

Sep 6, 2010
Hi guys,

I cooked up some tasker mods to address some of the graciously few problems I have with the software of the mate 20x. I thought they might be useful to some of you guys so I figured I'd share. The plugins used are AutoInput, AutoLaunch, AutoNotifications, and AutoTools.

Mod List:
1. Fixed Auto-rotate Lock: uses the quick tile to auto-rotate or lock to any orientation
2. Swipe Recent Apps Switcher: cycle through previous apps by swiping on the bottom of the screen ala iPhone
3. Auto-disable Eye comfort: pop-up prompt when activating chosen apps that automatically disables eye comfort mode
4. Automatic Screen Filter: activates the free app Night Screen when brightness is set to minimum and disables it when brightness is raised

1. Fix Auto-rotate Lock
There are two versions of this mod, one which uses the system quick tile and one which uses an AutoNotifications quick tile. The AutoNotifications quick tile is more reliable and allows you to seamlessly lock orientation in landscape or inverted. The system quick tile is more clunky and you cannot lock in inverted, but it's a bit faster. If anyone knows where to find the system quick tile icons please tell!

Simply import the profiles to Tasker and turn them on. Choose "Rotate On" for the system qt or "AltRotate On" for the AutoNotifications qt.

2. Swipe Recent Apps Switcher
This mod will track all activated apps in an array so they can be systematically called back. It also offers swipe gestures at the bottom of the screen which can be used to cycle through them. Swipe left or right to go back and forth through your recent apps. After settling on an app, the app list will be updated to bring your active app to the front.

To install, import and turn on all profiles and run the swipe task. The Swipe task must be ran to provide gestures. The overlay providing gestures is at the very bottom of the screen, so just swipe your finger along the screen edge. Modify your settings and profiles to make sure that Swipe, AutoTools, and Tasker stay on with full permissions. This mod requires that tasker monitoring use accessibility. In the no root version some apps will refresh their state when activated (es explorer). This is because apps are 'launched' and not 'brought to foreground'. In the root version this is not an issue.

3. Auto-disable Eye comfort
This will provide a discrete pop-up in the corner of your screen when you activate the selected apps. I set up the profile with the apps I use for photo and video editing. When you click the pop up it will automatically open the drawer and disable the eye comfort quick tile. The pop up will go away in 5 seconds if not clicked, or can be swiped away.

To install, place the "bubble" folder in your AutoTools webscreen folder. The file paths should match up, but you may need to modify them. Import and turn on. The no root plugin uses AutoInput to press the fourth quick tile. If you have eye comfort on another quick tile you will need to change the touch coordinates. The root option will, if prompted, automatically switch eye comfort on and off as you switch between monitored apps. If you dismiss the prompt it will not ask again until eye comfort is toggled.

4. Automatic Screen Filter
When brightness is lowered to the minimum level, this mod will launch the app Night Screen to lower the brightness with a screen filter. When the brightness is raised above minimum it will turn night screen off.

You can change the app used, but it must have a toggle or on/off activity to be launched by secure settings. I found Night Screen to be the best for me. Import and turn on profiles.

There may be some bugs due to inconsistent Tasker monitoring and the system messing with things. Unfortunately there is little I can do about this.

ps. the zip is NOT installable

Attachments

• TaskerMate20x.zip
    209 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

AllanRSS

Sep 6, 2010
I vastly improved the app switcher to function much more intuitively and more like a native function. It's works pretty much exactly like on the iPhone, accept the animations are going the wrong way. I'll test it out a bit then update the post.

AllanRSS

Sep 6, 2010
Post has been updated with a new app switcher, a root app switcher which fixes the launching problem, and a root eye comfort prompt which modifies the setting directly and has enhanced functionality. Also now none of the mods are dependent on the Secure Settings plugin

Last edited:

cobram3

Jan 8, 2008
Allan can I pay you to help/tutor me on creating Tasker apps for my own use?
Please message me

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

glad somebody likes it :good:

Such as:
Auto speakerphone when call connects by default

When I get in the car, show a list of media players as a popup (bc bt connected)

$60 via PayPal thx

AllanRSS

Sep 6, 2010
I really appreciate the offer, but thats not how xda works. This is where people help people, and I've benefited far too much through the days on the generosity of others to be greedy now.

I took a quick look and it and there is a State profile called "BT Connected". You should be able to check your bluetooth settings for the exact name of your car and insert that into the Name field. Then you would make a Scene containing buttons corrosponding to your desired media player. This should be reletively straightforward. When the BT is connected, show the scene with the buttons then launch your choice. This can be done with the AutoLaunch plugin or by android intent by running code 'am start --activity-reorder-to-front PACKAGE_NAME/MAIN_ACTIVITY'. The main activity intent is easily found through terminal if you're rooted but I dont remember how to find it if you're not rooted.

For the call I would use the State profile "Call". I am not sure if this will activate after the call is connected or while the phone is ringing for incoming calls. If its when the phone is ringing I would then set up a loop with "AutoInput Query" to check whether the call was connected. Run a couple tests with the query to see what the variable values are when the call is connected and check for those values to escape the loop. When the call is connected, use auto input to click on the speakerphone button automaticly. You can use the auto option to configure this or you can go into developer mode on your phone and enable show pointer location to get the coordinates. Coordinates are faster that text matching, but you might have to add a wait for 500ms to avoid it touching too early.

That should be it, pretty straightforward. You've inspired me to update this list with my new rotate toolbar and fixes. Happy tinkering!

Last edited:

AllanRSS

Sep 6, 2010
That being said, I would be willing to do it for you if you would rather pay for a finished solution. However, I greatly encourage you to give it a go yourself, the possibilities are endless once you get comfortable with Tasker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I cooked up some tasker mods to address some of the graciously few problems I have with the software of the mate 20x. I thought they might be useful to some of you guys so I figured I'd share. The plugins used are AutoInput, AutoLaunch, AutoNotifications, and AutoTools.

Mod List:
    1. Fixed Auto-rotate Lock: uses the quick tile to auto-rotate or lock to any orientation
    2. Swipe Recent Apps Switcher: cycle through previous apps by swiping on the bottom of the screen ala iPhone
    3. Auto-disable Eye comfort: pop-up prompt when activating chosen apps that automatically disables eye comfort mode
    4. Automatic Screen Filter: activates the free app Night Screen when brightness is set to minimum and disables it when brightness is raised

1. Fix Auto-rotate Lock
    There are two versions of this mod, one which uses the system quick tile and one which uses an AutoNotifications quick tile. The AutoNotifications quick tile is more reliable and allows you to seamlessly lock orientation in landscape or inverted. The system quick tile is more clunky and you cannot lock in inverted, but it's a bit faster. If anyone knows where to find the system quick tile icons please tell!

Simply import the profiles to Tasker and turn them on. Choose "Rotate On" for the system qt or "AltRotate On" for the AutoNotifications qt.

2. Swipe Recent Apps Switcher
    This mod will track all activated apps in an array so they can be systematically called back. It also offers swipe gestures at the bottom of the screen which can be used to cycle through them. Swipe left or right to go back and forth through your recent apps. After settling on an app, the app list will be updated to bring your active app to the front.

To install, import and turn on all profiles and run the swipe task. The Swipe task must be ran to provide gestures. The overlay providing gestures is at the very bottom of the screen, so just swipe your finger along the screen edge. Modify your settings and profiles to make sure that Swipe, AutoTools, and Tasker stay on with full permissions. This mod requires that tasker monitoring use accessibility. In the no root version some apps will refresh their state when activated (es explorer). This is because apps are 'launched' and not 'brought to foreground'. In the root version this is not an issue.

3. Auto-disable Eye comfort
    This will provide a discrete pop-up in the corner of your screen when you activate the selected apps. I set up the profile with the apps I use for photo and video editing. When you click the pop up it will automatically open the drawer and disable the eye comfort quick tile. The pop up will go away in 5 seconds if not clicked, or can be swiped away.

To install, place the "bubble" folder in your AutoTools webscreen folder. The file paths should match up, but you may need to modify them. Import and turn on. The no root plugin uses AutoInput to press the fourth quick tile. If you have eye comfort on another quick tile you will need to change the touch coordinates. The root option will, if prompted, automatically switch eye comfort on and off as you switch between monitored apps. If you dismiss the prompt it will not ask again until eye comfort is toggled.

4. Automatic Screen Filter
    When brightness is lowered to the minimum level, this mod will launch the app Night Screen to lower the brightness with a screen filter. When the brightness is raised above minimum it will turn night screen off.

You can change the app used, but it must have a toggle or on/off activity to be launched by secure settings. I found Night Screen to be the best for me. Import and turn on profiles.

There may be some bugs due to inconsistent Tasker monitoring and the system messing with things. Unfortunately there is little I can do about this.

ps. the zip is NOT installable