FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Huawei Mate 20

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By guuza, Junior Member on 11th January 2019, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to root Huawei Mate 20. I couldn't find much on web search about this topic.
I am also not able to find a way to install TWRP or unlock boot loader.

Any ideas?

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk

12th January 2019, 11:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
My phone got an update about a week ago. The details didn't mention Anything about boot loader unlocking but when I checked after the update, there was the ability to unlock the bootloader.
I have already opened the developed settings since november but the bootloader unlock option was greyed out and could not be turned on. I read a post from a different thread that his phone recently got an update with the option to turn on the bootloader unlock option. I have been regularly checking for update since I read that post and so last week I finally got it. I am now able to toggle the switch but I did not finish the process because I want to make sure it doesn't cause any warranty issues. I have been a Samsung user and I am very familia with the "warranty void 0x1" issue so I always waited until my warranty was over before rooting my phone. That way everythung has been tried and tested before I take a leap. If you do get the update please post your experience in unlocking the bootloader and eventually rooting your phone.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
13th January 2019, 09:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Maybe try kingroot? If it gets the job done on the pro version it might do it here as well.

Found it: https://www.techdroidtips.com/instal...e-20-cwm-twrp/ https://www.techdroidtips.com/root-huawei-mate-20/
15th January 2019, 03:20 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 6,899

Donate to Me
More
patch recovery_ramdisk.img in latest magisk manager canary build, and flash the patched_boot.img to recovery_ramdisk through fastboot - voila, you are rooted now, you just have to boot to recovery afterwards (will start to system anyway).

I could also upload my patched recovery_ramdisk.img if you want. Would work for you aswell.

Regards
22nd January 2019, 06:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Hi please create a new thread how to root the phoneee?
13th February 2019, 02:08 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Oem unlock is back
17th February 2019, 02:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, I can't find Twrp for huwaei Mate 20 can you help me?

Wysłane z mojego HMA-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
4th March 2019, 10:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDroid

patch recovery_ramdisk.img in latest magisk manager canary build, and flash the patched_boot.img to recovery_ramdisk through fastboot - voila, you are rooted now, you just have to boot to recovery afterwards (will start to system anyway).

I could also upload my patched recovery_ramdisk.img if you want. Would work for you aswell.

Regards

Mate please help us.

EDIT:
sorry, now found your post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...mware-t3892686

so only way to get root it's paying for bootloader code?
20th April 2019, 02:49 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 493

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDroid

Regards

Did you test it on EMUI 9.1 Roms?
Seems it doesn't work. I tried patching using the Canary build mentioned above and even used 19.0.
Neither of them worked, The end results is a bootloop.

Any ideas ?
20th April 2019, 06:31 PM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 6,899

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazonX

Did you test it on EMUI 9.1 Roms?
Seems it doesn't work. I tried patching using the Canary build mentioned above and even used 19.0.
Neither of them worked, The end results is a bootloop.

Any ideas ?

nope, my international mate 20 didn't receive 9.1 yet.

Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)