[Guide to change from Hiboard to Google feed]
Australian variant comes with Hiboard installed. Unfortunately, there is no news feed option like other region. I switched from Hiboard to Google feed by:
1. Android Platform tool
2. Hisuit fro ADB DRIVER
1. Enable Developer Option and ADB debuging on your phone.
2. Connect the phone to computer.
3. Test connection between phone and PC
$pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.intelligent $pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.tips $exit
6. You will see option Google feed instead of Hiboard on your home setting.
[Guide to hide NFC and alarm icons]
NFC functionality can be turned on all time as it does consume very little power. However, for mate 20 which has status bar space taken by the notch, the NFC icon will keep annoying all the time. The same problem with alarm clock. Here is how to get rid of these unwanted icons.
See guide above
1. Install this app from playstore
2. Grant permission to the app using adb commands
$adb devices $adb shell $pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS $pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS $pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.DUMP $exit
4. Reboot the phone and test if the icons have been hiden
5. You might uninstall the app and reboot. The effect will still persist. Please consider donating the developer if it is useful.
Give me thumb up if you find it is useful.
Thanks for the following posts: