FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Color saturation & accuracy

815 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,553
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 31st August 2018, 05:15 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
If you're colorblind, please disregard this thread. Rate this thread to express how you deem the color saturation and accuracy of the Huawei Mate 20's display. A higher rating indicates that you think that color accuracy is very high and saturation is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
 
 
9th November 2018, 04:15 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, has anyone noticed that the half bottom of the mate 20 display has yellow tint compared to the half top? A Huawei warranty agent had already checked my mate 20. And he said that i could exchange for a new one if it does not have the same problem as my old mate 20 had. I have watched some Youtube mate 20 unboxing clips and I thought some of them had that yellow tint issue too. My two previous LCD phones have light bleeding but not the yellow tint like this. How about yours? I'm a little worried right now!
15th November 2018, 02:12 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqwdcvfr

Hi, has anyone noticed that the half bottom of the mate 20 display has yellow tint compared to the half top? A Huawei warranty agent had already checked my mate 20. And he said that i could exchange for a new one if it does not have the same problem as my old mate 20 had. I have watched some Youtube mate 20 unboxing clips and I thought some of them had that yellow tint issue too. My two previous LCD phones have light bleeding but not the yellow tint like this. How about yours? I'm a little worried right now!

Can you give a photo. My mate 20 no screen problem.
15th November 2018, 11:13 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nourezizi

Can you give a photo. My mate 20 no screen problem.

sr but it's very hard to notice that yellow tint by looking at the pictures, in spite of seeing it very clearly with bare eyes at top and bottom of the screen with all-white apps or pictures. And I have exchanged it for the new one already.
25th November 2018, 11:02 AM |#5  
evivbulgroz's Avatar
Member
Flag Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nourezizi

Can you give a photo. My mate 20 no screen problem.

In the first picture the defect is exagerated , the second one is a iphone XR wich seems to have the same problem and the third is the mate 20 original picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m20.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	4651300   Click image for larger version

Name:	xr.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	4651301   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	4651303  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evivbulgroz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift evivbulgroz Ad-Free
25th November 2018, 03:45 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think huawei lcd screen technology is bad, the new exchange phone of me still has that yellow tint just not that much like before. Do you know why is that happen?
26th November 2018, 12:22 AM |#7  
thariq06's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Yes, same goes to me. I visit service center once and talk with the technician. Seem the problem occur is quite rare in my country. (malaysia). But, he ask me to keep update if the yellow tint become worst.
20th December 2018, 12:00 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I have the same a slight warm white on the bottom, and a slight bleed, sometimes is difficult to see, it depends of light and brightness conditions.
So I was thinking in exchange it, so what is the odds of getting one better?
20th December 2018, 10:48 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thariq06

Yes, same goes to me. I visit service center once and talk with the technician. Seem the problem occur is quite rare in my country. (malaysia). But, he ask me to keep update if the yellow tint become worst.

Why didn't you go for replacement, if is uncommon the odds would be great to get one perfect.
This is what I'm asking my self is it common this issues or very random.
20th December 2018, 06:43 PM |#10  
thariq06's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVRP

Why didn't you go for replacement, if is uncommon the odds would be great to get one perfect.
This is what I'm asking my self is it common this issues or very random.

That is what im thinking but currently they still fixing mate 20 pro bleeding issue. So, i don't think its a good time to replace due to waiting period will be longer than it should. 😅😅😅
1st January 2019, 03:15 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
apparently the phone panel has a strong yellowish tint and to remedy that choose vivid cool .. this will make whites whiter not yellowish .. with colors set to vivid cool i still do notice the yellow tint in the lower screen and bleeding light but they are very minimal and i am called a pixel peeper .. at least this will make whites whiter not yellowish

but the other problem is the over-saturated red color .. not only that when you tilt the screen and videos is full screen contrast is enhanced and colors becomes over-saturated automatically and this makes a lot of videos looks overly saturated in landscape mode
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes