As you guys know, Huawei disables the "Darken Interface Colors" option on their non-pro devices (p20, mate 10, mate 20).
With EMUI 8 you could just install a dark theme from the play store and solve this issue, but with EMUI 9 the problem is that these old themes don't display correctly (lots of black on black unreadable text)
So I made a simple dark theme that could help with this issue, download it from the attachments below.
There are some small bugs (as shown here)
But I'm not knowledgeable enough with EMUI theming to be able to fix them, so if anyone is, please do
(hwt files are just renamed zip files basically, they're really easy to work with).
- Settings (Not perfect, but is good enough, need someone more experienced to fix the small bugs)
- Volume bar
- Notification Area
- Nav Bar (Background Color Depends on App)
--> Screenshots Gallery Here <--
Recommended Apps to use with this theme:
- Download Google Phone and set the theme to dark, also set it as your default dialer in device settings.
- Download Google Contacts and set it to dark also.
- Default Messages app that comes with the phone has the option to go dark.
- F Stop Gallery
- Gonemad or Black player for music.
- Youtube has a dark theme.
- Solid Explorer (Dark theme)
- Try using Fluid Navigation Gestures on the playstore if you want more customization gesture navigation (works flawlessly)
Download the maddada Dark EMUI 9 v1 (non-pro).hwt file and place it in 'Internal Storage/ Themes'
You can change the icon pack, lock screen, and wallpapers easily from the "Me" tab in the themes area of the device's settings.