FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dark EMUI 9 Theme (Best for Non-pro Huawei Phones) [v1 - 2018-11-18]

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 69

By maddada, Senior Member on 18th November 2018, 07:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey,

As you guys know, Huawei disables the "Darken Interface Colors" option on their non-pro devices (p20, mate 10, mate 20).
With EMUI 8 you could just install a dark theme from the play store and solve this issue, but with EMUI 9 the problem is that these old themes don't display correctly (lots of black on black unreadable text)

So I made a simple dark theme that could help with this issue, download it from the attachments below.

There are some small bugs (as shown here)
But I'm not knowledgeable enough with EMUI theming to be able to fix them, so if anyone is, please do
(hwt files are just renamed zip files basically, they're really easy to work with).

Areas themed:
- Settings (Not perfect, but is good enough, need someone more experienced to fix the small bugs)
- Volume bar
- Notification Area
- Nav Bar (Background Color Depends on App)

--> Screenshots Gallery Here <--

Recommended Apps to use with this theme:
- Download Google Phone and set the theme to dark, also set it as your default dialer in device settings.
- Download Google Contacts and set it to dark also.
- Default Messages app that comes with the phone has the option to go dark.
- F Stop Gallery
- Gonemad or Black player for music.
- Youtube has a dark theme.
- Solid Explorer (Dark theme)
- Try using Fluid Navigation Gestures on the playstore if you want more customization gesture navigation (works flawlessly)

To install:
Download the maddada Dark EMUI 9 v1 (non-pro).hwt file and place it in 'Internal Storage/ Themes'

After Install:
You can change the icon pack, lock screen, and wallpapers easily from the "Me" tab in the themes area of the device's settings.

Download here:
Attached Files
File Type: zip maddada Dark EMUI 9 v1 (non-pro) fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.13 MB, 16166 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maddada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maddada Ad-Free

19th November 2018, 11:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
nope not working on my mate 20
19th November 2018, 01:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
same here. not working on mate 20
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181119_205048_com.huawei.android.thememanager.jpg
Views:	5920
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	4646877  
19th November 2018, 04:58 PM |#4  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 1,827

More
Hope you get this fixed, the Honor Magic 2 has an OLED display but no dark theme available either.
19th November 2018, 06:34 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai - United Arab Emirates

More
@MishaalRahman @romano19 @Dwama

Hey guys, sorry it's working now.
The Following User Says Thank You to maddada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maddada Ad-Free
19th November 2018, 06:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
-deleted-
19th November 2018, 10:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works very well!!!...Hope in future updates. Dialer for first. Thank you for the job!
20th November 2018, 05:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Okay I tried this a bit ago and it didn't work. Then I came across a problem and decided to reset all settings, then I was suddenly able to apply the theme.

Maybe try restarting the phone and if that doesn't work and you're desparate for dark theme, go ahead and try reset settings ("Reset all settings" option, NOT "Factory data reset")
20th November 2018, 11:00 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranieriracing

Works very well!!!...Hope in future updates. Dialer for first. Thank you for the job!

Welcome! I suggested the Google phone app, it has dark mode and looks better than the stock app IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to maddada For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maddada Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 12:13 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draikathedragon

Okay I tried this a bit ago and it didn't work. Then I came across a problem and decided to reset all settings, then I was suddenly able to apply the theme.

Maybe try restarting the phone and if that doesn't work and you're desparate for dark theme, go ahead and try reset settings ("Reset all settings" option, NOT "Factory data reset")

I changed the file, the old one wasn't working, that might've been the reason..
25th November 2018, 01:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Perfectly working in my Mate 20. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)