How to force change Launcher on M30p (default apps doesn't work)

Search This thread

SAO

Oct 4, 2007
Hello to the lucky ones who have their m30p with google play...
Just wondering, were you able to change the Launcher on your phones to replace EMUI 10 Launcher?

I read here and there, that Huawei blocked third party launchers on the chinese variants of their phones (from EMUI 8)... is this true? Is it possible to make it work via ADB on this EMUI 10?

HighPower

Aug 4, 2009
I haven't got mine yet, but so far my research is no, you can't. There are other apps to disable packages, I will try them but so far it is not positive.
Back to your question, if that is true. Yes, it is.
They blocked that due to fraud replaces their stock launcher with a mock one that have ads or malicious behaviors and sell it to ppl who are not techy.
I thought that excuse is lame since there are other default apps to replace.

gtomig

Oct 7, 2019
ADB does not work for me...
pm uninstall gives the [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]
suggestions welcome

o012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010_093731_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg
    Screenshot_20191010_093731_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 991

prahilia

Oct 6, 2019
it took quite a few tries to get it to open I'm on the Chinese varient as well

Doesn't work for me still, but if it will eventually - could you kindly explain what settings you changed?

And what you proceeded to do to remove the stock launcher? (Regular adb uninstall method?)

Thanks!

benyamin22

Feb 22, 2007
I have done all of this but the app says cant disable/uninstall the Huawei home apk contact us for more support :(

Daver69

Jul 23, 2010
Bali
Today I had update 132 on my LIO AL00 and now I can use Nova launcher as the default launcher.

IGNORE THAT . When it rebooted after update it asked me if I wanted to use Nova or Hauwei Home.. Now its defaulted back to Huawei Home and no option for Nova

Last edited:

lcwm88

Sep 30, 2019
Anyone? I'm almost going to sell it just because I cant have Nova as default launcher?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I had update 132 on my LIO AL00 and now I can use Nova launcher as the default launcher.

IGNORE THAT . When it rebooted after update it asked me if I wanted to use Nova or Hauwei Home.. Now its defaulted back to Huawei Home and no option for Nova
    I've spent a lot of time trying to get round this on my Mate 30 Pro.

I've tried every vector I can think of and no dice yet sadly!
    Yes, you can, but it's a bit fiddly. I use Nova Launcher, and its built-in "Set as Default" didn't work. You have to go into settings and change it there, but yes it lets you change and the change sticks. No more EMUI launcher for me.

Where in settings? I've tried everything
    Yes please let us know how you did it, only thing left I need to do to make the mate 30 Pro the perfect phone
    I use Nova Launcher n works perfectly fine even after reboot/shutdown. go to setting => Apps => Default Apps => Home app

I think you are on global version. We need help for the chines varient