FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mate 30 pro china variant volte Issue in India

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ShobhitSingh, Junior Member on 19th December 2019, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello ,
i recently brought mate 30 pro from china , the device is pretty cool but i am facing only one issue in India
i can not see option to enable VOLTE because of which i can't make or receive calls/sms on the device.

if anyone could help me with this that would be great , i would prefer a not root method(as i have 2 year warranty and in some time i head back to china ) but root method will also work .

i have tried es explorer and all 4g only apps nothing seems to work as it is Android 10 and major thing being the build.props has only 600 right so i can't even copy :- says permission denied .

Thanks
20th December 2019, 02:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Even i am looking for a solution to this issue
23rd December 2019, 08:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mate 30 Pro VOLTE Issue India
Well I am also facing the same issue. The problem is that Huawei India is responsible to take all the network parameters from the telcos in India and then they need to float on OTA patch to enable VOLTE services in Mate 30 Pro for all Indian mobile networks. Reason for Volte not being available is that Mate 30 Pro is not officially launched so Huawei India hasn't tested and worked on Volte for this device. I tried to reach Huawei India testing team to support on this and try to give a fix ASAP but cant get a proper point of contact. If you can reach and push them on this then may be we can get a resolution.
24th December 2019, 01:50 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifmohsinxda

Well I am also facing the same issue. The problem is that Huawei India is responsible to take all the network parameters from the telcos in India and then they need to float on OTA patch to enable VOLTE services in Mate 30 Pro for all Indian mobile networks. Reason for Volte not being available is that Mate 30 Pro is not officially launched so Huawei India hasn't tested and worked on Volte for this device. I tried to reach Huawei India testing team to support on this and try to give a fix ASAP but cant get a proper point of contact. If you can reach and push them on this then may be we can get a resolution.

I also contacted them as a matter of fact I even contacted Huawei China and they said once device is launched you will get the patch.
26th December 2019, 06:35 PM |#5  

More
Any updates guys
27th December 2019, 07:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

I doubt it will be launched in India
3rd January 2020, 11:29 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Huawei's Reply
Quote:

Any updates guys

the day before yesterday they contacted me and asked more details about the issue and and assured that you will be getting fix very soon.
3rd January 2020, 12:12 PM |#8  
Flag Brean, Somerset
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I have the same problem in the UK. I had both VoLTE and VoWIFI on both my Sims on my mate 20 pro international version. On this Chinese version mate 30 pro, neither works in the UK. I hear that the international version again has both these features working fine.
Would be good for a quick fix as my phone reception can be a little troublesome where I live, so used voice over Wi-fi a lot.
3rd January 2020, 05:35 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShobhitSingh

the day before yesterday they contacted me and asked more details about the issue and and assured that you will be getting fix very soon.

Good to hear this, I am also following very thoroughly on this with china team and they replied in email that someone will get in touch soon to provide solution on this issue. Hope we get a software update soon to enable VOLTE. Please everyone keep posting here for any progress or update.
7th January 2020, 01:33 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathelp

I have the same problem in the UK. I had both VoLTE and VoWIFI on both my Sims on my mate 20 pro international version. On this Chinese version mate 30 pro, neither works in the UK. I hear that the international version again has both these features working fine.
Would be good for a quick fix as my phone reception can be a little troublesome where I live, so used voice over Wi-fi a lot.

Hi dears.. Any updates ? I got a call from them today and they said my mobile is Chinese version so it won't support VOLTE in India. If VOLTE is needed for use O should buy it from India if this model is not available then other model which supports VOLTE can be bought.
7th January 2020, 01:50 PM |#11  
Flag Brean, Somerset
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I had a mate 10 pro Chinese version and it didn't work but changing to UK ROM, it then worked ok. It is a firmware difference and they obviously don't use it yet in China, hence no need to add it.
It is a shame that all of us early adopters have to suffer. It can only be a small change to the firmware to add it to our ROM as a future update. OR allow us access to unlock our boot loader and flash a ROM of our choice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)