FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mate 30 pro messenger push notifications?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Dan2700, Junior Member on 2nd November 2019, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, just bought a mate 30 pro a few days ago without google services. I side loaded all the apps I needed and everything was working great until I realised I wasn't getting my facebook messenger notifications. If the app is open they come through but when I close the app it's like it goes to sleep after about 5 mins. I made messenger my default sms app to see if that would help and all my texts worked fine but my facebook messages just won't work.

I have all my notifications on, app launch set to manual to allow auto-launch, secondary launch and run in background. I even allowed all permissions but didn't make a difference. I have performance mode on and have selected stay connected when device sleeps.

Has anyone else had any problems like this or know how to fix it? I've done a factory reset and been through every option I could think of. I love the mate 30 pro but probably going to have to get rid of it if i can't fix this problem.

Dan
2nd November 2019, 06:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2700

Hi, just bought a mate 30 pro a few days ago without google services. I side loaded all the apps I needed and everything was working great until I realised I wasn't getting my facebook messenger notifications. If the app is open they come through but when I close the app it's like it goes to sleep after about 5 mins. I made messenger my default sms app to see if that would help and all my texts worked fine but my facebook messages just won't work.

I have all my notifications on, app launch set to manual to allow auto-launch, secondary launch and run in background. I even allowed all permissions but didn't make a difference. I have performance mode on and have selected stay connected when device sleeps.

Has anyone else had any problems like this or know how to fix it? I've done a factory reset and been through every option I could think of. I love the mate 30 pro but probably going to have to get rid of it if i can't fix this problem.

Dan

Have you removed the app from the battery optimisations list
2nd November 2019, 06:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtq

Have you removed the app from the battery optimisations list

Can't believe I missed that, just removed it and it's still works after being idle for 5 mins which it didn't before so hopefully it's fixed. Thanks so much for you help really appreciate it.
2nd November 2019, 07:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2700

Can't believe I missed that, just removed it and it's still works after being idle for 5 mins which it didn't before so hopefully it's fixed. Thanks so much for you help really appreciate it.

That's what we're here for
8th November 2019, 03:15 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtq

That's what we're here for

I have none of my "power apps" (apps i use on the daily) in the optimization list. Still no notifications.
I have the apps set manually managed to run in background etc. STILL NO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.
All things side loaded etc.

Please help.
12th November 2019, 04:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strigif0rm3s

I have none of my "power apps" (apps i use on the daily) in the optimization list. Still no notifications.
I have the apps set manually managed to run in background etc. STILL NO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.
All things side loaded etc.

Please help.

Go to notification settings and turn on sounds and "on top" option. All notifications works well for me - asian version of mate 30 pro.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)