Remove All Ads from XDA

What to do now?

504 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By Smartphoner, Senior Member on 19th September 2019, 04:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now it's official, no Google blessings!
They killed it before its even born!
The best smartphone any Geek could ever dream of.
6.5 inch horizon screen with better screen to body ratio and smaller notch
Kirin 990 with 5G 7nm processor
4500 mah battery
27w wireless charging with 3 times faster reverse wireless charging
Improved camera sensor
Better in display fingerprint sensor
Better UI
etc...

Tthey promise a stable huawei mobile services platform and a rich app store database, but can it replace Google play services (play store, maps, youtube, drive, etc...)
Even if we can add Google play services, will it be continuously getting updates? Will it be secure? Can it be allowed to add it in the 1st place?

Why kill a great company with leading technologies and limitless potentials?

I am a Huawei flagship user since the Porsche design mate 9 passing through all the great phones Huawei created and ending with the Mate 20 Pro 8gb 256gb international version. No way I'm going back to Samsung. The Note 10 plus can't be compared to the legendary Mate 30 pro!!!!

I'm in shock, I feel I'm in a nightmare and I need to wake up and find it's over soon!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smartphoner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smartphoner Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 04:50 PM |#2  
Searching Huawei's App gallery on my Honor view 20, there are lots of YouTube clients. There is web browser access of course. For other apps like maps, we just extract the apk from an old phone and fire it over to the new mate 30. Just means a manual process every now and than. I'm not sure if the lack play services will cause issues? Just think how great the battery life would be without Play Services! Also, we won't have google listening to our every words and then serving up ads all the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwatson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mwatson Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 04:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Same here ... We need to know will we be able to install the play store and google apps .... ?????? This is the important question .

Or when u buy the phone will it transfer all your apps in the 1st sync between 2 phones ?
The Following User Says Thank You to hwoarang626 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hwoarang626 Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 05:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it possible that we can just create a custom rom with all the google services?
19th September 2019, 05:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwoarang626

Same here ... We need to know will we be able to install the play store and google apps .... ?????? This is the important question .

Or when u buy the phone will it transfer all your apps in the 1st sync between 2 phones ?

It isn't ideal but you could install Aurora Droid if you cannot install the Google Play store.

As for transferring all your apps. I would assume not That seems to be a Google service when you setup your phone with your Google account. Unless they provide a service like that which can read apps and settings from the previous phone.

Another good thing to note besides just installing the Google Play Store is that you need Google Play Services for some apps. Things like Netflix won't play in HD, WhatsApp won't be able to back-up your data to Google Drive, and Snapchat won't work either. You might be able to circumvent those problems with the microG Project though. But I believe that that is still in an early stage of development.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrusb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrusb Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 06:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
In a follow-up interview with Richard Yu clarified one important question in regards to how users will have control over the software they’ll be able to install on the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro;
and he also confirmed that users will be able to unlock the bootloaders for the Mate 30 and 30 Pro.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14887...30-mate-30-pro
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cccmachins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cccmachins Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 07:43 PM |#7  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DO1...ature=youtu.be

i don't speak Italian but google apps are installed at 5:15. Maps and youtube are shown shortly after that. Play store is also shown being installed. Getting this phone when it's available.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danon.brown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danon.brown Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 09:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 719

More
Is the unavailability of GApps permanent ?

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccmachins

In a follow-up interview with Richard Yu clarified one important question in regards to how users will have control over the software they’ll be able to install on the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro;
and he also confirmed that users will be able to unlock the bootloaders for the Mate 30 and 30 Pro.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14887...30-mate-30-pro

We can have Magisk, Custom roms and Kernels then ?
20th September 2019, 03:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 283

More
Actually with unlocked bootloader and easy root this may be the phone to get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pete4k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pete4k Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 03:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

Actually with unlocked bootloader and easy root this may be the phone to get.

I was wondering the same thing. In the olden times- phone with unlocked bootloader allowed us to customize phone to the teeth- Performance and battery longevity both improved. Shouldn't that be the case here?'

RE-sale would suffer
20th September 2019, 04:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatson

Searching Huawei's App gallery on my Honor view 20, there are lots of YouTube clients. There is web browser access of course. For other apps like maps, we just extract the apk from an old phone and fire it over to the new mate 30. Just means a manual process every now and than. I'm not sure if the lack play services will cause issues? Just think how great the battery life would be without Play Services! Also, we won't have google listening to our every words and then serving up ads all the time.

I think the same way as you. The first thing that crossed my mind when Richard Yu said that's not going to be any GMS was that battery life would be freaking awesome. GMS like play services has a really high battery consumption. If I get the Mate 30 Pro, I would just sideload YouTube and Gmail. I don't really need other Google services.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)