FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen on time

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,895
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 16th September 2019, 12:45 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
It's amazing how much we actually use our phones in a given day, especially when we watch "videos"! Rate this thread to express how many hours of screen-on time you can get on the Huawei Mate 30 Pro before depleting the battery.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
20th November 2019, 08:22 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
So let me be the first to write here . I am currently at 5:40 h SoT, 21 hours standby aaaand....52% left. Unbelievable. I come from Note 10 Plus, great phone, but that battery...just cant keep up..
Google services installed, 4G version, in Europe.
The Following User Says Thank You to leoking3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leoking3 Ad-Free
20th November 2019, 08:32 PM |#3  
paullu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag usa
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoking3

So let me be the first to write here . I am currently at 5:40 h SoT, 21 hours standby aaaand....52% left. Unbelievable. I come from Note 10 Plus, great phone, but that battery...just cant keep up..
Google services installed, 4G version, in Europe.

I am using note 10plus now before that is p 30 pro. Only one thing keep me want to switch to mate 30 pro is brattery.
So you are happy switch to from note 10 plus to mate 30 pro so far?
20th November 2019, 09:08 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Well...photos are better definitely, battery doesnt evwn compare, but... Note 10 plus is evenly smooth, because all are "legal" and in place. Meaning that Google is there from the start, on the Mate you kinda have to make a Frankenstein, from pieces. Some things dont work and so on. It has innovation, like Huawei acustomed us with every phone. There are little things that you will miss if you make the switch, I dont know, like for instance swap left or right on a Contact to call or send sms. You know what I mean?
20th November 2019, 11:06 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
For me, SOT destroys all previous Huawei phones I've owned, including the P30P and M20P. 6 hour screen ontime = still 60% left even though it's not set to max/75% brightness...

The new 7nm+ CPU, bigger battery and maybe even Android 10's software optimizations just makes this (at the time of this post!) the most energy efficient and powerful Huawei phone to date.
21st November 2019, 12:17 PM |#6  
paullu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag usa
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoking3

Well...photos are better definitely, battery doesnt evwn compare, but... Note 10 plus is evenly smooth, because all are "legal" and in place. Meaning that Google is there from the start, on the Mate you kinda have to make a Frankenstein, from pieces. Some things dont work and so on. It has innovation, like Huawei acustomed us with every phone. There are little things that you will miss if you make the switch, I dont know, like for instance swap left or right on a Contact to call or send sms. You know what I mean?

Your mean send the SMS not working?! I saw a YouTube video that issue you just need to update carrier service from play store.
21st November 2019, 12:45 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullu

Your mean send the SMS not working?! I saw a YouTube video that issue you just need to update carrier service from play store.

No no , I mean you know, when you are on a contact on samsung, and you can swipe right or left for different actions. Those little trick you wont find on the Mate. For instance I miss all those. The little bubbles with Sms or Wtp notifications that appear over the other apps, and so on.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

On the other hand, and sticking to the subject : now I have 1 day 13 hours standby 9:50 h SoT and 13% left.... Unreal )

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyero985

For me, SOT destroys all previous Huawei phones I've owned, including the P30P and M20P. 6 hour screen ontime = still 60% left even though it's not set to max/75% brightness...

The new 7nm+ CPU, bigger battery and maybe even Android 10's software optimizations just makes this (at the time of this post!) the most energy efficient and powerful Huawei phone to date.

Exactly, it is incredible!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoking3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leoking3 Ad-Free
22nd November 2019, 07:47 PM |#8  
leo72793's Avatar
Senior Member
Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 190
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoking3

No no , I mean you know, when you are on a contact on samsung, and you can swipe right or left for different actions. Those little trick you wont find on the Mate. For instance I miss all those. The little bubbles with Sms or Wtp notifications that appear over the other apps, and so on.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

On the other hand, and sticking to the subject : now I have 1 day 13 hours standby 9:50 h SoT and 13% left.... Unreal )

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------


Exactly, it is incredible!

Soon as they can get GMS and a legit UK model with 512, I'll be selling my 1tb S10+ for a m30p. Only thing I'll miss is the mst part of Samsung pay.
24th November 2019, 08:55 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Check this out! 12 h SoT! Wth?))
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191124_093910_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	4885215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191124_093924_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	4885217  
25th November 2019, 03:02 AM |#10  
obet10's Avatar
Member
Flag Malolos City
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoking3

Check this out! 12 h SoT! Wth?))

wow, what applications were you using? did you have GMS installed?
25th November 2019, 06:56 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullu

I am using note 10plus now before that is p 30 pro. Only one thing keep me want to switch to mate 30 pro is brattery.
So you are happy switch to from note 10 plus to mate 30 pro so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obet10

wow, what applications were you using? did you have GMS installed?

Yes, GMS installed; for me its unusually good, because I know that I use my phones the same way. So this is double the Note10Plus for instance. I used it to watch videos a lot, some Youtube, some G Maps, some phone calls (not very much), I dont remember everything unfortunately, wifi or data on. I will post the detailed usage page as well next time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes