FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] [MULTILANGUAGE] TWRP for Huawei Mate 8 **UPDATE 5/22/16**

4,730 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,277

Post Reply Email Thread
Here is TWRP for the Mate 8. You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash this. After you flash this then you can root by flashing SuperSU after booting into TWRP. When installing a ROM for the first time you must go into TWRP and go to Wipe, then Format Data and do a format or else your internal storage will not be recognized.

-------------EMUI 4.1-------------
TWRP 3.0.2 Black & Blue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I...ew?usp=sharing

-------------EMUI 4.0-------------
TWRP 3.0.2 Black & Blue:

TWRP 2.8.7.0:

Changelogs:
4-05-16: Updated to TWRP 3.0.2 Multi Language and changed some colors. Now TWRP will tell you if your internal storage is encrypted.
4-06-16: Added dark TWRP. Bug: when installing a rom the progress bar doesn't show anything. Don't worry, it still works.
4-09-16: Progress bar partially working in the Black & Blue version
5-06-16: TWRP for EMUI 4.1. Multilanguage. You can now mount through TWRP and copy files from your computer to the phone. Default language set to English. Blue themed.
5-22-16: Added themed TWRP Black & Blue to the OP. Based off of the latest twrp.

**On first screen tap the right most button, second from the bottom (Settings) then tap on the globe icon at the top right and choose your language. Then it will stay in that language**
** When formatting data in TWRP after updating to B321 it will take about ten minutes. Let it finish**
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-21-22-21-06.png
Views:	2378
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	3758312  
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ajsmsg78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajsmsg78 Ad-Free

22nd January 2016, 09:46 AM |#2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,813

More
thx for posting this, much appreciated

one of the bugs ive found with the mate 8 version is that the screen brightness cant really be adjusted. at some point it goes pretty dark and then just stay that way. a bit annoying but u can still work properly with it btw, the twrp themes from xda work like a charm

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2016, 03:03 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Selden, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmc83

thx for posting this, much appreciated

one of the bugs ive found with the mate 8 version is that the screen brightness cant really be adjusted. at some point it goes pretty dark and then just stay that way. a bit annoying but u can still work properly with it btw, the twrp themes from xda work like a charm

On my Mate 8 in TWRP I cannot mount or backup data no matter what I try. Do you have the same issue? I think we need a better build of TWRP. I'm in the process of making a stock debloated ROM but the TWRP problems are driving me crazy. EDIT: Going to Wipe, Advanced Wipe and Format Data fixed the issue. Now I can install from the internal memory and my data partition is working in TWRP.
23rd January 2016, 11:58 AM |#4  
Flag Singapore

More
oh i thought that had smth to do with the data partition being encrypted. i had the same issue but once ive installed the decrypted boot.img i could properly access the data partition in twrp....weird huh?

24th January 2016, 12:04 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Selden, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmc83

oh i thought that had smth to do with the data partition being encrypted. i had the same issue but once ive installed the decrypted boot.img i could properly access the data partition in twrp....weird huh?

Me too, but doing that seems to fix the problem any time TWRP doesn't see my Internal Storage. The brightness bug is an issue although not a major one. It seems that after you let the screen time out then turn it back on the brightness is a lot higher.
24th January 2016, 10:31 AM |#6  
Flag Singapore

More
ha nice one, didnt notice that since i usually switch off the screen timeout option yeah, all in all its definitely in working condition! no major bugs one cant work out currently. and im sure itll get better in time

24th January 2016, 02:59 PM |#7  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 5,758

Donate to Me
More
Thx for TWRP but can someone explain me how to unlock the bootloader on my mate 8?
24th January 2016, 03:01 PM |#8  
Flag Singapore

More
use the tool dc unlocker in order to read out the bootloader code for your specific device. ull need to pay 4€ to use that function, everything else is explained in detail on the website and in the tool itself for huawei phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to jbmc83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbmc83 Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 05:40 PM |#9  
Flag Salerno
Thanks Meter: 4,901

Donate to Me
More
@ajsmsg78 This recovery have a lot of problem in fstab partition just because chinese team used omni 5.1 sources. In my tool there is a new recovery with omni 6.0 and multilanguage
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raimondomartire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondomartire Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 06:09 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Selden, NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acer73

@ajsmsg78 This recovery have a lot of problem in fstab partition just because chinese team used omni 5.1 sources. In my tool there is a new recovery with omni 6.0 and multilanguage

OK, thanks, I'll check it out
24th January 2016, 06:16 PM |#11  
Flag Salerno
Thanks Meter: 4,901

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmsg78

OK, thanks, I'll check it out

No problem. I hope that you can port also in this recovery your good stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to raimondomartire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondomartire Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)