Thanks Meter: 26

By CitizenM, Member on 2nd January 2016, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2016, 05:36 AM |#21  
Flag 東京☆Улаанбаатар☆Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,664

Donate to Me
More
This is not a tutorial, I haven't got time to make a proper one right now, but this should get you started. I rooted the Mate 8 successfully.

So, in order to root the Mate 8, follow these chinese tutorials:
Recovery:
http://www.netded.com/a/jingpinshouj...102/31153.html
Root:
http://www.netded.com/a/jingpinshouj...103/31154.html

Note: you also need non-encrypted boot img from here:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gelGPWZ

Steps are:
1. Unlock bootloader (4 Euro solution worked for me too.)
2. Flash TWRP using the tool in the Recovery link.
3. In TWRP, flash the unencrypt zip, format the data folder, flash unencrypt zip again for good measure.
4. In TWRP, flash root. The one available is KingUser (I'm going to try with SuperSU now.)

Note: You can also flash google apps and finally sync contacts, calendars, etc. System partition is small, so flash the micro version of open gapps, 64 bit.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to duraaraa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duraaraa Ad-Free

7th January 2016, 06:03 AM |#22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duraaraa

This is not a tutorial, I haven't got time to make a proper one right now, but this should get you started. I rooted the Mate 8 successfully.

Recovery:
Root:

Steps are:
3. In TWRP, flash the unencrypt zip, format the data folder, flash unencrypt zip again for good measure.
4. In TWRP, flash root. The one available is KingUser (I'm going to try with SuperSU now.)

Note: You can also flash google apps and finally sync contacts, calendars, etc. System partition is small, so flash the micro version of open gapps, 64 bit.

duraaraa, this should prove very helpful, thanks. Of course, I'm always a skeptic of Chinese solutions (e.g., KingRoot and/or other Chinese software and what information it may mine and send back to China), so I'll be looking forward to the day that we have working non-invasive "Western" solutions. Not implying what you laid out is or isn't, it's just that Chinese websites and related software that's going onto my phone always give me pause. In any event, good work!

Question: where is that non-encrypted boot image used in the process? Is that the unencrypt zip file you refer to? For the 4 Euro solution, do you just pay via PayPal or something like that?
7th January 2016, 06:13 AM |#23  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenM

duraaraa, this should prove very helpful, thanks. Of course, I'm always a skeptic of Chinese solutions (e.g., KingRoot and/or other Chinese software and what information it may mine and send back to China), so I'll be looking forward to the day that we have working non-invasive "Western" solutions. Not implying what you laid out is or isn't, it's just that Chinese websites and related software that's going onto my phone always give me pause. In any event, good work!

Question: where is that non-encrypted boot image used in the process? Is that the unencrypt zip file you refer to? For the 4 Euro solution, do you just pay via PayPal or something like that?

The only Chinese software you absolutely must use is a Chinese version of TWRP, and the Chinese boot image. Right now, I'm restoring the phone in order to try rooting without KingUser (I also don't like it very much). Since TWRP just lives on the recovery partition, I think you'd be in the clear in terms of Chinese spyware...
You just paypal (or other ways of sending money, they had about 9) 4 euros and get credit to use in their app which allows you to get the bootloader unlock code. It was very simple. Just follow the instructions the other person had linked.
In a little while I will update with my results trying to do it with SuperSU.
UPDATE: No problem with SuperSU. Just flashed the latest beta ZIP with TWRP. Works fine. No need for Chinese root solution.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duraaraa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duraaraa Ad-Free
7th January 2016, 09:18 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
thank you duraraa
I hesitate to install Chinese recovery because I do not know anything about the language
and I do not want my mate bricker 8 .
could tell you the steps ?
and is it possible to translation TWRP in english ?
7th January 2016, 09:33 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

Recovery:
Root:

Steps are:

Can you try and video record it, I find them much easier to follow (less room for error).

Also why do we flash the unencrypted zip (and why twice)?
Finally, does the micro version of open gapps work the same or... ? Is there anyway to increase system partition.
7th January 2016, 01:08 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Downloaded TWRP and flashed it via Fastboot

started TWRP, flashed decrypted Boot file, formated data folder, flashed again -> device cannot boot anymore, booting into EMUI recovery (?!)

Quote:

7th January 2016, 01:09 PM |#27  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascook

Downloaded TWRP and flashed it via Fastboot

started TWRP, flashed decrypted Boot file, formated data folder, flashed again -> device cannot boot anymore, booting into EMUI recovery (?!)

So do the recovery.
Maybe you mismatched versions? You have to use the decrypted boot file matching the current firmware version.
7th January 2016, 01:16 PM |#28  

More
Quote:

So do the recovery.
Maybe you mismatched versions? You have to use the decrypted boot file matching the current firmware version.

WiFi Recovery is running... i downloaded the decrypted 109SP2 , should fit to my version of software. TWRP is a bit hard to handle because i cant even figure out the buttons, so i used this as translated help

**** UPDATE ****

After full restore, i set the device to fastboot mode and try to use the Mate 8 Unlock Tool Kit (TWRP REC Button), device reboot but i only can enter EMUI Recovery or normal boot??
Device still show "unlocked", so i dont think this is the problem. I also re-activated developer mode / USB Debugging
7th January 2016, 01:32 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
you use the internal or external sd card to flash the file decrypted Boot file ?
7th January 2016, 01:44 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzw

you use the internal or external sd card to flash the file decrypted Boot file ?

internal memory does not show up so i used external SD Card with boot file, but now after full recovery i cant push device into TWRP again even if device is still "unlocked"
7th January 2016, 03:35 PM |#31  

More
Im done, SuperSU is installed and working, flashed Micro-Opengapps too

What i´ve done :
Quote:

1: Make sure your phone has been unlocked (bootloader), see Page 2 of this thread with lorenzw´s hint for unlocking your device via DC Unlocker, this needs a paypal account and payment of 4 Eur
2: The PC drivers must be installed
3: Download recovery toolkit Mate 8
4: Download decrypted Boot Image (in my case, it was B129SP2)

Make Sure you have a external MicroSD Card to flash because on Android 6.x, the internal memory cant be used until decrypted Boot Zip has been flashed from external SD

put decrypted Boot Image to external SD Card, if you want opengapps, put them to SD Card too

5: phone volume down key + power button until "Fastboot & Rescue Mode" Appears, you should see "phone unlocked" on fastboot screen

6a: Start recovery toolkit Mate 8 and click TWRP REC Button, Device reboots quickly after operation done and "should" boot in to TWRP, if not - see 6.b
6.b: boot phone with USB Debugging Mode activated (and allow debugging from your PC if requested at phone) and use Toolkit Button "recovery" to enter custom Recovery Mode

7: Install ZIP(s) from your SD Card with left top Button, first install decrypted Boot Image, then tap right top button in twrp to format DATA partition, then go back and flash decrypted Boot Image again, then flash Opengapps and/or Root Kit.

8: SuperSU >>> after flashing decrypted Boot image (and Opengapps), you will be asked by TWRP to install SuperSU -> accept and boot your phone normal. You will find SuperSU Installer somewhere at your screen then, start this and use TWRP Install to auto-download SuperSU binary, reboot to TWRP and auto-flash SuperSU current version.

9: ROLLBACK : if you need to recover your device, use the volume-UP key right after power-on your device to enter "eRecovery"-Mode. You may add your wireless network there, eRecovery will auto-download the needed firmware and re-install it to stock-state. Your device will NOT be re-locked, bootloader remain open.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thomascook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomascook Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)