FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

How to install Google Services and Google Account on Huawei Mate 8.

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Pirzu, Junior Member on 17th January 2016, 07:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I have bought huawei Mate 8 (4/64) chineese version on ibuygou.com for review in my country . I wish they had installed google play services etc but they didnt.

I have tried with Google installer - it didn't help (method the same as in xiaomi devices). Next I have tried to install google play services.apk and google play.apk from apkmirror, but after I have written my email and password, there was written that there is no connect or sth like this - try again later. I checked account menagment in settings if I could login in google account, but there was no such option.

So my question is: Has anyone method to install google play, google services on this smartphone? I hope that anyone can help me, I will be so grateful !

18th January 2016, 02:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Open HiStore (The Huawei app store) and search google, the first little banner that pops up click it, there should now be a list of the google apps. Install them. Change some permissions and you should be good.
18th January 2016, 10:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Also install the app in the internal storage in case you have a micro sd installed.
25th January 2016, 05:21 PM |#4  
Flag CWB
Thanks Meter: 25

More
ok so the solution here works great but when downloading larger apps such as zombies run or NFS No limits the playstore would force close and download fails without warning.

has anyone experienced this? could it be to do with the download manager?
25th January 2016, 08:37 PM |#5  
Flag A Coruña
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowchilli

ok so the solution here works great but when downloading larger apps such as zombies run or NFS No limits the playstore would force close and download fails without warning.

has anyone experienced this? could it be to do with the download manager?

Mine had the same problem before i changed the rom to the international one. And i know some people having the same problem.. Still no solution...
25th January 2016, 08:45 PM |#6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 635

More
no problem here with large apps on the international rom i guess its worth trying to flash the L29 rom...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 8 NXT-AL10 using Tapatalk
25th January 2016, 11:59 PM |#7  
Flag CWB

More
thanks guys i guess ill be trying that then
26th January 2016, 01:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by natxoga

Mine had the same problem before i changed the rom to the international one. And i know some people having the same problem.. Still no solution...

Why do people say there is no solution?!

I've seen some guy encounter this issue and then find a solution for it, and now it works perfectly for him.
Something to do with system app and permissions i think was all.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak

Also, you need to give Play Store internal storage permission to download those large games, until I did that I had same issue as you with large game installs appearing to cause the Play Store to crash.

As you can see a simple search and you can find the answers...
The Following User Says Thank You to ItsMunday For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ItsMunday Ad-Free
26th January 2016, 02:56 AM |#9  
Flag CWB

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMunday

Why do people say there is no solution?!

I've seen some guy encounter this issue and then find a solution for it, and now it works perfectly for him.
Something to do with system app and permissions i think was all.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

As you can see a simple search and you can find the answers...

Appreciate this. I've tried trusting the entire google play store app which should allow everything but that didn't help. cleared data and stuff + reboot - nothing.

But seeing how someone did manage to solve it, I will give it another go before flashing. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowchilli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yellowchilli Ad-Free
26th January 2016, 03:54 AM |#10  
Flag CWB

More
solved. The UI is sort of confusing because I needed to bring up another (native?) permissions manager in order to enable storage permissions. could be a security feature.. no idea.

either search for "permissions" inside settings, or reach it by going to Apps > Advanced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-26-10-40-14.png
Views:	2588
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	3622399  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yellowchilli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yellowchilli Ad-Free
26th January 2016, 11:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm planning to get the Chinese version (only one for now that has 4gb RAM and higher storage) and my question is does the phone come with English out of the box? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)