FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Recovery][27.09.2017][3.1.1-0] TWRP for the Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660)

10,088 posts
Thanks Meter: 27,952

By Tkkg1994, Recognized Developer / Contributor on 8th December 2016, 11:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Tkkg1994: 3.1.1-0 update arrives
2nd February 2017, 07:02 AM |#501  
Flag Salerno
Thanks Meter: 4,880

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JATCHUHAN

I also have the same problem. The mate 9 Pro twrp installed fine but the su zip won't install. Keep getting an error

Sent from my MHA-L09 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

I already reply to you. You have used my zip on already patched boot.img. Use original one and my twrp will work. When I release something Ive tested a lot before. So I'm sure

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolpht

Thanks, roger, got it. Pro root works on non-pro. That's the link above and in the pro thread , mate_9_pro_root.zip, but adapted for both models.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I am getting an updater error with the new pro superuser (multiple attempts in new recovery new recovery. . No full root. Recovery does come up with updated rayglobe ver number. 3.0.3-rayglobe

even when going back to 3.0.2.0 and reinstalling super user zip.

Superuser 2.0 Beta 9.apk installs after uninstalling older apk, but it doesn't mater with the Updater error on the zip install

Updater process ended with ERROR: ! Error installing zip file

Consider that when you use this zip your boot.img partition where changed. So you must restart from clean boot.img. You never mixed this supersu.
I can release a boot.img already full patched (also with chianfire supersu) also for mate 9 users but I don't want spam in this thread. I've a lot of respect for author so seldom I reply here

2nd February 2017, 07:04 AM |#502  
Flag north texas
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raimondomartire

I already reply to you. You have used my zip on already patched boot.img. Use original one and my twrp will work. When I release something Ive tested a lot before. So I'm sure

thanks for clarifying, now just need someone to post an unpatched boot image. unfortunately for me, my backup copy is failing due to mismatched MD5.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Consider that when you use this zip your boot.img partition where changed. So you must restart from clean boot.img. You never mixed this supersu.
I can release a boot.img already full patched (also with chianfire supersu) also for mate 9 users but I don't want spam in this thread. I've a lot of respect for author so seldom I reply here

can you post an already patched or clean boot.img in your Mate 9 TWRP thread please. it would be much appreciated.
2nd February 2017, 07:14 AM |#503  
Flag Salerno

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i

thanks for clarifying, now just need someone to post an unpatched boot image. unfortunately for me, my backup copy is failing due to mismatched MD5.

My suggestion is take update.app from your rom ver (there is a thread for this on xda) and open with huawei update extractor. Take boot.img file copy on sdcard and flash with twrp (flash image option not zip one)

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

@cortez.it I'll try to send you in PM a full patched boot.img with new chainfire root inside. Give me 10 minutes from now. You can flash with twrp (install/right button install img). Not use anyone supersu zip over this boot.img download only supersu.apk from chainfire
The Following User Says Thank You to raimondomartire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondomartire Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 07:16 AM |#504  
Flag north texas

More
Quote:

My suggestion is take update.app from your rom ver (there is a thread for this on xda) and open whit huawei update extractor. Take boot.img file copy on sdcard and flash with twrp (flash image option not zip one)

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

@cortez.it I'll try to send you in PM a full patched boot.img with new chainfire root inside. Give me 10 minutes from now. You can flash with twrp (install/right button install img). Not use anyone supersu zip over this boot.img download only supersu.apk from chainfire

thanks bro... i found the Hauwei extractor tool, next is the update.app, that is, if it's available for the US version of the Mate 9
2nd February 2017, 07:52 AM |#505  
Flag Salerno

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks bro... i found the Hauwei extractor tool, next is the update.app, that is, if it's available for the US version of the Mate 9

Go on my thread . I'll upload now clean and patched image
The Following User Says Thank You to raimondomartire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raimondomartire Ad-Free
2nd February 2017, 12:10 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Understand desire not to mess up other dev's thread here. Thank you. Look forward to OP doing update here too.
2nd February 2017, 01:46 PM |#507  
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag Coding City
Thanks Meter: 27,952

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolpht

Understand desire not to mess up other dev's thread here. Thank you. Look forward to OP doing update here too.

My mate 9 was hardbricked. Had to send it in and received a new one like a week ago. But since I need to reapply for the new bootloader unlock code and everything this can take time. As well as I am in the middle of my final exams

Sent from my SuperMan powered SM-G930F
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2017, 01:54 PM |#508  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 260

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994

My mate 9 was hardbricked. Had to send it in and received a new one like a week ago. But since I need to reapply for the new bootloader unlock code and everything this can take time. As well as I am in the middle of my final exams

Sent from my SuperMan powered SM-G930F

Take your time brother and handle the important things in life. Good luck on the finals

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
2nd February 2017, 04:29 PM |#509  
Flag north texas

More
Quote:

Go on my thread . I'll upload now clean and patched image

Thanks for posting clean and patched boot images. Adaway and a couple of other build.prop tweaks are not being reset at each reboot. Tried to install drivers for V4A, but got a disk I/O error message. Will continue testing.
@Tkkg1994, good luck with finals! 👍🤞

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2017, 04:33 PM |#510  
Flag Salerno

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for posting clean and patched boot images. Adaway and a couple of other build.prop tweaks are not being reset at each reboot. Tried to install drivers for V4A, but got a disk I/O error message. Will continue testing.
@Tkkg1994, good luck with finals! 👍🤞

I hate post in other dev thread please understand me and @Tkkg1994 sorry for this. I/O error message you see if a software don't support full selinux. I read in other thread that v4a it's not full compatible. I put my hand on v4a as soon as I understand how decompile huawei apk. I made progress in thsi directrion
2nd February 2017, 04:39 PM |#511  
Flag north texas

More
Quote:

I hate post in other dev thread please understand me and @Tkkg1994 sorry for this. I/O error message you see if a software don't support full selinux. I read in other thread that v4a it's not full compatible. I put my hand on v4a as soon as I understand how decompile huawei apk. I made progress in thsi directrion

Oh snap! I thought I posted in @raimondomartire TWRP thread. Apologies to @Tkkg1994. 😳

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)