[ROM] [7.0] [B173] KangVIP Slim

Search This thread

audioralf

Mar 12, 2011
You must have a looong thumb ;)

My device: Mate 9 superroot, Mediapad X2 GEM 701->703 B212 KangVIP (AJ mod)

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
My thoughts exactly. Actually the aspect ratio may make it easier to type one handed.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using XDA Labs

You must have a looong thumb ;)

My device: Mate 9 superroot, Mediapad X2 GEM 701->703 B212 KangVIP (AJ mod)

I actually wish it had the standard aspect ratio instead of the 18:5:9 that it will come with as the extra width is better to me. I need LTE again and now I'll be able to take pics in the pool and still have a pretty large screen.

shane7691

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, as my volte was still not working, i flashed the below attached zip of /cust uploaded by xda senior member ajs. It flashed properly but still no volte. So i extracted the below zip and copied cust folder and placed it in twrp backup folder as the method of oeminfo and tried to restore it but inside cust folder twrp is showing no partition to select for restore. Any solution?

Attachments

• MHA-L29C567-VOLTE-FIX.zip
    974.7 KB · Views: 16

eddmecha

Jan 26, 2011
Penampang
Hi, as my volte was still not working, i flashed the below attached zip of /cust uploaded by xda senior member ajs. It flashed properly but still no volte. So i extracted the below zip and copied cust folder and placed it in twrp backup folder as the method of oeminfo and tried to restore it but inside cust folder twrp is showing no partition to select for restore. Any solution?
in order to restore in twrp with the correct partition selected,u can first make a backup of your cust thru twrp,that way u will get the folders created correctly.then u just place the folder that u wanna restore in the last folder location​

shane7691

Mar 17, 2017
in order to restore in twrp with the correct partition selected,u can first make a backup of your cust thru twrp,that way u will get the folders created correctly.then u just place the folder that u wanna restore in the last folder location​
I wanted to tried that only first, but there was no custom option for backup.So i just copied cust folder from the zip below the oeminfo in twrp, but restore is not working, twrp cannot find partition in it to restore

Last edited:

eddmecha

Jan 26, 2011
Penampang
Yeah i had looked for cust option as well. Anyways i will try twrp backup again,and see wat i am missing
lol actually do u knw what u r doing?no offence its just hit me that u dont even know how to restore thru twrp.
what u need to do is
boot to TWRP-->Backup-->Cust(tick only this)---> choose backup location---> swipe left to backup

bryancotton84

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
So I just installed this ROM and did a quick search and didnt see anyone with the same issues.

I can't seem to setup my lockscreen. Upon initial setup I enter in my passcode, twice, and then the settings "crashes." I finish the setup and go back into the settings to try again and its still crashing the settings. Anyone else have this issue and a possible fix?!

Thanks in advance.

KOLIOSIS

So I just installed this ROM and did a quick search and didnt see anyone with the same issues.

I can't seem to setup my lockscreen. Upon initial setup I enter in my passcode, twice, and then the settings "crashes." I finish the setup and go back into the settings to try again and its still crashing the settings. Anyone else have this issue and a possible fix?!

Thanks in advance.
The OP of this ROM no longer has the phone.
I suggest using this instead:
https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/development/rom-romaurb175v1-0-t3575146

Reactions: bryancotton84

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3

Thanks in advance.

After you flash the rom try deleting data/system/locksettings.db?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mate-9-topic.png

KANGVIP SLIM

Here is KangVIP Slim for the Mate 9 which includes a list of advanced features as well as the removal of some of the bloat. The ROM base is from the MHA-AL00 version. Please hit the Thanks button if you like what I've done. Thanks to everyone for all your feedback, help, testing and suggestions. Without you guys this wouldn't have been possible. This ROM is working on the MHA-L29 US version but should work on other versions as well. I need testers to flash on other variants and leave me feedback. The ROM is confirmed working on my MHA-L29 US version rebranded to C636.

Features:
    4-in-1 Reboot Menu
    Adaway
    Dark Bloom Theme
    Debloated
    Deodexed
    Gboard
    Google Calendar Sync
    Google Chrome
    Google Contacts Sync
    Google Play Store
    KangVIP Tools
    No Force Encrypt Boot Image
    Pre-Rooted w/Superuser

Instructions:
    Your bootloader must be unlocked
    Boot into TWRP
    Format Data to remove encryption or you'll bootloop. If you're not encrypted ignore this step.
    Flash ROM
    That's it, you're done!
    First boot will take a few minutes

Big Thanks To:
    The HRT Team
    @mr.mrcn for the Dark Bloom Theme
    Anyone running my rom

Bugs:
    You tell me
    Read the Helpful Tips if you're having trouble

CURRENT VERSION

HELPFUL TIPS

The built in Chinese root app cannot be removed or KangVIP Tools does not function. Allow the Chinese app root access when it pops up then go into settings--->apps and go down to the bottom and disallow the app all permissions then turn off all notifications for it, then under Advanced disallow it to Draw over other apps and Write system settings. Then the app won't bother you**

Uncheck Show statusbar lunar to remove the chinese date in the clock

You will bootloop if your data is encrypted.
    Hello all, it has been awhile. My friend gave me his Mate 9 after he cracked the screen. I am installing a new screen and battery in it in a few days. I already rebranded it from a C567 to a C636 and updated it to Oreo and rooted it. Now that I'm comfortable with the update to Oreo and rollback to Nougat process I'll be playing around with it for the next week or so and possibly could have a new KangVIP Slim in the works. I can't guarantee it as I'm not too familiar with Oreo yet and I need some time to tinker with it. I'm installing the latest KangVIP Oreo, then I plan on adding/removing apps to it and testing it then possibly releasing something but again I can't guarantee anything.
    Updated the OP with my final build. My next phone will most likely be a Galaxy S8 Plus (6.2 inches) As soon as there is root and TWRP I'll be picking one up. The S8 will be unveiled March 29th.
    Nice!
    I have the same model USA MHA-L29C567B190 .
    How did you upgrade to Oreo and roolback to Nougat?
    Thanks!

The two things you need are the HWOTA and HWOTA8 zip files. I found them on here by Googling them. The process is confusing for most users but this is what i did. The HWOTA will update you to Oreo and the HWOTA8 will install the Oreo recovery or flash you back to Nougat. This is a the basic way I did this.

Unlock Bootloader

To update to Oreo you have to put the Oreo Stock ROM files from Firmware Finder (the three zip files) in the HWOTA update folder. You have to rename two of the three files, one to update_all_hw.zip and the other to update_data_public.zip., leave the update.zip as is. Then run update.bat from the HWOTA folder and it will do everything for you. There will be a choice to either flash Oreo to the same device model or to rebrand. I had rebranded using another method but you can use HWOTA for that.

To roll back you have to put the three firmware files in the repack folder in HWOTA8 then run repack.bat as an administrator. Then move the three firmware files into the main HWOTA8 folder. Then copy the whole folder to your SD Card and boot into TWRP and flash the hwota8_update.zip which will flash the entire Nougat stock rom back.