FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROOT]SuperSU 2.82

2,381 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,106
 
By ante0, Senior Member on 14th March 2017, 10:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
For rooting/decryption in general, check out: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...-data-t3569986

Firmware B182+
Quote:

These require TWRP 3.1.0: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...ate-9-t3515617
For devices on firmware B182+ (B182 in most cases. Check on hwmt.ru if it's released after 12th of April 2017):
For decrypted devices use official SuperSU 2.82 SR3: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...v2-05-t2868133
To stay encrypted use 2.82 SR3: https://mega.nz/#!F9twlDTC!Rj7062XAl...yPO6h4CWYg9d7E

Firmware pre-B182:
Quote:

This requires TWRP 3.0.2 because of PHH (Not tested on 3.1.0 anyway, assuming it doesn't work as PHH fails on 3.0.3.): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120697579
For devices on firmware before B182 (Or released before April 12th 2017)
For decrypted: https://mega.nz/#!81lxgbBY!EN4mJQfKS...9bkeciLSUHzm5s
To stay encrypted: https://mega.nz/#!QtFGFITT!uZOUjYbRO...qV5KQC2L0lUkg0

And Magisk
Quote:

Magisk, B182+ TWRP 3.1.0
For decrypted data use official release: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
Or Beta: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...80cb6-t3618589

To stay encrypted: https://mega.nz/#!o4ESgABJ!DyUxQSKo8...kAO0KD_1dDIctw (Magisk 13.6)

Thanks to:
Tecalote for the 2.82 SuperSU zip
Dexs for the original 2.79 SuperSU for Mate 8 zip
Chainfire for supersu
topjohnwu for Magisk
phhusson for PHH SU
KangVIP for the init.d support that I kanged from them.
ajsmsg78 and 5[Strogino] for reigniting my lust for modifying android xD
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ante0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ante0 Ad-Free
 
 
15th March 2017, 03:50 AM |#2  
sashimiyarou's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
http://i.imgur.com/YWocujE.png
http://i.imgur.com/S2Y29FB.png
http://i.imgur.com/9Cpi2Gc.png
http://i.imgur.com/fr0m54t.png
Thank you very much.
It works.

http://i.imgur.com/fRZWFu0.jpg
Though I wanted you to drink beer, I'm sorry...
15th March 2017, 03:32 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Thanks for this. Stupid question...what's the difference between installing SuperSU 2.79 and using the superroot from Eddmecha? I'm not getting binary out of date or anything like that. Does it give the ability to install SUhide? Thanks!!
15th March 2017, 04:43 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,106
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen099

Thanks for this. Stupid question...what's the difference between installing SuperSU 2.79 and using the superroot from Eddmecha? I'm not getting binary out of date or anything like that. Does it give the ability to install SUhide? Thanks!!

SuperSU is SuperSU (chainfire), superroot uses phhs su.
A type of SUhide (hidesu) is already in SuperRoot, but it doesn't pass SafetyNet. I'm going to test SUhide now, it was last tested in October 2016 so chances are it doesn't pass SafetyNet, so Android Pay and PokémonGo will still complain.

But will test.

Function wise they're about the same, people seem to prefer SuperSU though.

Edit: SUhide is detectable as of 2016/11 security patches.
The Following User Says Thank You to ante0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ante0 Ad-Free
15th March 2017, 04:55 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante0

SuperSU is SuperSU (chainfire), superroot uses phhs su.
A type of SUhide (hidesu) is already in SuperRoot, but it doesn't pass SafetyNet. I'm going to test SUhide now, it was last tested in October 2016 so chances are it doesn't pass SafetyNet, so Android Pay and PokémonGo will still complain.

But will test.

Function wise they're about the same, people seem to prefer SuperSU though.

Edit: SUhide is detectable as of 2016/11 security patches.

Got it, thank you. Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing out one way or the other. I've moved to Magisk w/ PHH on my previous Nexus 6P, so unless there's a benefit one way or the other...thank you for testing SUhide. I appreciate the work!
16th March 2017, 03:22 AM |#6  
sashimiyarou's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Does avoiding SafetyNet use Magisk as systemless root?
16th March 2017, 08:23 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,106
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashimiyarou

Does avoiding SafetyNet use Magisk as systemless root?

Magisk is the only one that can. I think there are xposed modules for it too, but xposed is not ready for Nougat.
And it would probably need more tweaks to work with Mate 9 xD
I'm going to see if Magisk can be installed the same way as SuperSU is installed.
E.g. Not the usual systemless su way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ante0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ante0 Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 01:04 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Has anyone tried this on the Mate 9 Pro?
16th March 2017, 04:49 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,106
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejam

Has anyone tried this on the Mate 9 Pro?

If PHH works this should work.
I guess you could backup /system and try :P
16th March 2017, 09:14 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante0

Magisk is the only one that can. I think there are xposed modules for it too, but xposed is not ready for Nougat.
And it would probably need more tweaks to work with Mate 9 xD
I'm going to see if Magisk can be installed the same way as SuperSU is installed.
E.g. Not the usual systemless su way.

This made me happy. I love the developers here!
The Following User Says Thank You to allen099 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift allen099 Ad-Free
18th March 2017, 06:56 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen099

This made me happy. I love the developers here!

I agrre. Bravo , Bravo!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Rudolpht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rudolpht Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes