ViPER4Android 2.5.0.5

Search This thread

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Please note, this requires SELinux Permissive (included init.d script/instructions for PHH). It will not work on Enforcing, even with supolicy (I've tried. If anyone has an idea how to get it working with "soundserver" and setting supolicy "read write execute", please let me know)
Setting SELinux to Permissive is a security risk.

ViPER4Android for Mate 9
Slightly modified guitardedhero script.
Contains "Kernel" and "Profile" for V4A from auras76 kang rom

Note:
The following files are backed up automatically so you can easily revert with the removal script:
/system/lib/soundfx/libeffectproxy.so -> /system/lib/soundfx/libeffectproxy.so.bak
/system/etc/audio_effects.conf -> /system/etc/audio_effects.conf.bak
/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf -> /vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf.bak

If those .bak files are not found the removal script won't run (to prevent running it without V4A installed, it would simply just remove the files leaving you with no files at all.)
It does not edit audio_policy.conf as it doesn't have the deep_buffer section in it, so no point in having it edited.

Requirements:

• SuperRoot/SuperSU (No verity is probably needed as we're modifying both /system and /vendor)

• A way to set SELinux to Permissive (SuperSU init.d/phh 'su --init' or SELinuxToggler, see 'Alternative'.)

For SuperSU
If you use the one posted above
Simply flash the zip in TWRP and you should be good to go. It copies the 00selinux script directly to /system/etc/init.d/ and runs at boot so you'll have SELinux set to Permissive after flashing.

For PHH su
Flash the zip in TWRP, boot up fully.
Now open a terminal and issue the command
Code:
su --init /system/etc/init.d/00selinux
Then reboot.

To remove the phh init use 'su --init !/system/etc/init.d/00selinux'.

For Magisk
Search for Viper4Android in the Downloads section in Magisk Manager, it's a module so no need to download anything in this thread

Alternative:
(You still need root for this but no init script.)
SELinuxSwitch by @Ibuprophen

Download:
ViPER4Android 2.5.0.5
Dropbox Mirror

Removal script download:
Removal script
Removal script Dropbox Mirror

Thanks to V4A team,
guitardedhero for his script,
auras76 for the profiles/makers of said profiles,
Ibuprofen for The SELinux Switch.

Last edited:

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
@ante0 bro thanks for porting it... have a question, we have to mount system in terminal for writting in system partition,,, can i use init to mount system rw for all time so that i dont need to give command everytime

Yes, if you use supersu, make a script in /system/etc/init.d/
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /system
Make sure it runs after any other scripts if they remount system to read only. Scripts are loaded in order, so name it accordingly.
If you use phh, place script where you want and from a terminal
Code:
su --init /path/to/script

Reactions: HassanMirza01

HassanMirza01

I wanna put all this in my Kernel... Or boot.img...
I have root in my kernel using phh superuser... I dont want to add anything in system by myself, i want that a zip should do it... Will be best if kernel did all this... In MM, we dont need to do rw ourself, in N we needed... :(
Also, am not a dev, just a pro member, know how to edit and understand commands etc...

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
I have root in my kernel using phh superuser... I dont want to add anything in system by myself, i want that a zip should do it... Will be best if kernel did all this... In MM, we dont need to do rw ourself, in N we needed... :(
Also, am not a dev, just a pro member, know how to edit and understand commands etc...

I sent you a pm instead

Last edited:
Reactions: HassanMirza01

HassanMirza01

I sent you a pm instead

Sure bro... Am waiting... And i have somehow injected phh superuser r275 in boot.img... I will be thankful if u tell me the whole correct procedure to inject files of superuser zip in boot.img.... By flashing superuser r275 on stock boot, we can have root but on that root, titanium like apps didnot work :/

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Hello,
Will V4A work on P9, P9 plus and P9 lite if we flash those files?

I don't know. But I don't see why it wouldn't.
Backup system and try.
You'll have to use the phh init script though as I don't think supersu works with P9 on emui5?

Edit: actually, if your audio_effects.conf file is not in /system/etc/ or /vendor/etc/ the script needs to be modified. And if your audio_policy.conf contains the deep_buffer section.

Last edited:

s2pfie

Jul 3, 2011
hi..I'm on aura's rom. and I can't install drivers. can you please teach me how can I make it work..thanks

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
hi..I'm on aura's rom. and I can't install drivers. can you please teach me how can I make it work..thanks

assuming everything else but the driver is installed,
simply download Viper4android_2.5.0.5_mate9.zip, extract.
go to customize/lib, rename libv4a_fx_jb_NEON.so to libv4a_fx_jb_ics.so
copy it to your phone.
Use a root file manager and copy and paste to /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_ics.so.
And set permissions of that file to 0644 (RW-R--R--).
Then reboot and open up viper4android again and see if still complains.
If it doesn't, go to "hamburger" menu in V4A and tap on Driver Status, it should say Status: Normal. If it says abnormal something else is wrong.

Reactions: s2pfie

s2pfie

Jul 3, 2011
assuming everything else but the driver is installed,
simply download Viper4android_2.5.0.5_mate9.zip, extract.
go to customize/lib, rename libv4a_fx_jb_NEON.so to libv4a_fx_jb_ics.so
copy it to your phone.
Use a root file manager and copy and paste to /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_ics.so.
And set permissions of that file to 0644 (RW-R--R--).
Then reboot and open up viper4android again and see if still complains.
If it doesn't, go to "hamburger" menu in V4A and tap on Driver Status, it should say Status: Normal. If it says abnormal something else is wrong.
thanks bro but still an error occurred..still abnormal
update:
just flashed your zip now its normal..thank you

Last edited:
@ante0, I just wanted to give you a quick heads up...

There's a new app (currently being beta tested) that will supercede/replace The SELinux Toggler....

It's a new app called "The SELinux Switch". Though, it will look like "The SELinux Toggler" but, I had to recreate, pretty much, the whole app.

The reason i had to do this is, primarily, to completely sever it from the older package name (or Installation Directory) that was also being used by the "SELinuxModeChanger" app.

I also had made some minor enhancements and a few compatibility improvements but, there's still some more improvements to be made.

In addition, the app has been passing the beta testing extremely well (thankfully after about 6 +/- months into it) and it should be released soon but, when the app has completed the beta testing and, ready for its debut, it will be released under a whole new thread.

Thank you all for your time, understanding and, especially, your support for my development.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Last edited:

benjmiester

Has anybody used the ARISE aroma installer (twrp flashable zip)? I've used it on a few other devices, coming to the M9 from a Le Pro 3 and it works nice and easy and patches selinux permanently. It seems the way Huawei does things is much different though, so I'd be suprised if it works as easily as on other phones.
In the end, it's just installing 2.5.0.5 anyway with a few other tweaks and a whole bunch of IRS response profiles. So that part's not very different.

Just a quick heads-up @ante0...

The SELinux Toggler has now Officially been Discontinued for the launching of the new app...

[APP][TOOL][4.2+][OFFICIAL]The SELinux Switch by Ibuprophen

Those of you who currently has The SELinux Toggler, and want to switch to The SELinux Switch, please be sure to read the OP for instructions.

Thank you ALL!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note, this requires SELinux Permissive (included init.d script/instructions for PHH). It will not work on Enforcing, even with supolicy (I've tried. If anyone has an idea how to get it working with "soundserver" and setting supolicy "read write execute", please let me know)
    Setting SELinux to Permissive is a security risk.

ViPER4Android for Mate 9
    Slightly modified guitardedhero script.
    Contains "Kernel" and "Profile" for V4A from auras76 kang rom

Note:
    The following files are backed up automatically so you can easily revert with the removal script:
    /system/lib/soundfx/libeffectproxy.so -> /system/lib/soundfx/libeffectproxy.so.bak
    /system/etc/audio_effects.conf -> /system/etc/audio_effects.conf.bak
    /vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf -> /vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf.bak

If those .bak files are not found the removal script won't run (to prevent running it without V4A installed, it would simply just remove the files leaving you with no files at all.)
    It does not edit audio_policy.conf as it doesn't have the deep_buffer section in it, so no point in having it edited.

Requirements:

• SuperRoot/SuperSU (No verity is probably needed as we're modifying both /system and /vendor)

• A way to set SELinux to Permissive (SuperSU init.d/phh 'su --init' or SELinuxToggler, see 'Alternative'.)

For SuperSU
    If you use the one posted above
    Simply flash the zip in TWRP and you should be good to go. It copies the 00selinux script directly to /system/etc/init.d/ and runs at boot so you'll have SELinux set to Permissive after flashing.

For PHH su
    Flash the zip in TWRP, boot up fully.
    Now open a terminal and issue the command
    Code:
    su --init /system/etc/init.d/00selinux
    Then reboot.

To remove the phh init use 'su --init !/system/etc/init.d/00selinux'.

For Magisk
    Search for Viper4Android in the Downloads section in Magisk Manager, it's a module so no need to download anything in this thread

Alternative:
    (You still need root for this but no init script.)
    SELinuxSwitch by @Ibuprophen

Download:
    ViPER4Android 2.5.0.5
    Dropbox Mirror

Removal script download:
    Removal script
    Removal script Dropbox Mirror

Thanks to V4A team,
    guitardedhero for his script,
    auras76 for the profiles/makers of said profiles,
    Ibuprofen for The SELinux Switch.
    @ante0 bro thanks for porting it... have a question, we have to mount system in terminal for writting in system partition,,, can i use init to mount system rw for all time so that i dont need to give command everytime

Yes, if you use supersu, make a script in /system/etc/init.d/
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    Make sure it runs after any other scripts if they remount system to read only. Scripts are loaded in order, so name it accordingly.
    If you use phh, place script where you want and from a terminal
    Code:
    su --init /path/to/script

I sent you a pm instead
    May I ask whats the difference between this and Viper4Arise.

Arise is based off of V4A, but with their own audio effects and a modified V4A app.

https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/5dpvcz/slug/da6ux9k
    May I ask whats the difference between this and Viper4Arise.

It's just a skin difference. Viper4Arise is themed by an arise member. The only difference is the theme.