FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Emui 9 big notification panel

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By stalky911, Junior Member on 23rd March 2019, 11:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings.
Ive updated my mate 9 to emui 9 a few days ago and i found that the swipe notification panel is very big rather than before and i made all the text and font on the smallest size and restarted the mobile with no hope.
Its really big that i cant see more than 3 notification specially if i swiped the whole list down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190323_115757_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views:	1060
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	4729275  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stalky911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalky911 Ad-Free

23rd March 2019, 06:58 PM |#2  
Flag Kocaeli
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalky911

Greetings.

Ive updated my mate 9 to emui 9 a few days ago and i found that the swipe notification panel is very big rather than before and i made all the text and font on the smallest size and restarted the mobile with no hope.

Its really big that i cant see more than 3 notification specially if i swiped the whole list down.

If you have root, you can change display density from build.prop from vendor folder. I set 441, it is nice now.

MHA-L29 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
The Following User Says Thank You to mavera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mavera Ad-Free
23rd March 2019, 08:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavera

If you have root, you can change display density from build.prop from vendor folder. I set 441, it is nice now.

Nope I've the original system. And it's weird as I've used some other mobile with android 9 (not mate9) and the icons were fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to stalky911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalky911 Ad-Free
26th March 2019, 08:01 AM |#4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2

More
there is not a workaround to modify it without root this is fugly....
26th March 2019, 10:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavera

as i know there is a DPI setting in the developer mode
The Following User Says Thank You to Iloudsan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iloudsan Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 11:17 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
I've tried everything and even adjusted the DPI in the developer mode but nothing is changed in this notification panel … but everything else is getting small except the notification panel … i'm really frustrated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stalky911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalky911 Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 04:57 PM |#7  
Flag Selden, NY
Thanks Meter: 4,344

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've tried everything and even adjusted the DPI in the developer mode but nothing is changed in this notification panel … but everything else is getting small except the notification panel … i'm really frustrated.

You need to root and add qemu.sf.lcd_density=xxx to the vendor/build.prop if you want to shrink the systemUI.
27th March 2019, 07:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Same here. The user interface looks really ugly now. The first thing I always do with my Mate 9 is to change the "Smallest width" in developer options to 520 db. Everything looks fine then except for the notification bar/panel and the navigation bar, which are muuuuch to big in comparison.
I much regret the update to Andoid 9 and even think about buying another phone. Root might be a solution, but what's about side effects like problems with banking apps etc?
The Following User Says Thank You to DerAST For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DerAST Ad-Free
27th March 2019, 07:29 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Yes it's really annoying and wish that i can go back to android 8.
31st March 2019, 02:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same problem I think that this update is a beta version and it is not completed there are many problems like camera and music because I can t play music and open another application at the same time
I hope that Huawei post a new Updates for Mate 9
The Following User Says Thank You to laro2202 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laro2202 Ad-Free
31st March 2019, 04:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Since emui 9. I started to hate my phone. Because of this big notification panel. I guess ill be going back to xiaomi again. Much easier to have and customize. Jeeeez.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)