Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29C605B111, Help me please, How to downgrade the firmware?

Search This thread
Jun 15, 2017
Good night, I need your help, yesterday I bought a huawei mate 9 and came with the operating system MHA-L29C605B111 and with security date February 15, 2017 at night I was updated via wifi and installed security updates of 5 April 2017, I need to remove that update, I have searched the complete firmware but I only find the versions ota and although I have decompressed them in the folder dload of the microsd, when I put to reinstall the firmware says that I failed, I also did the reset To the factory values ​​and does not remove the update, if someone knows how to help me recover the original system or if they know which operating system I can download and can help me to correct the problem I will thank you very much .:rolleyes:

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Good night, I need your help, yesterday I bought a huawei mate 9 and came with the operating system MHA-L29C605B111 and with security date February 15, 2017 at night I was updated via wifi and installed security updates of 5 April 2017, I need to remove that update, I have searched the complete firmware but I only find the versions ota and although I have decompressed them in the folder dload of the microsd, when I put to reinstall the firmware says that I failed, I also did the reset To the factory values ​​and does not remove the update, if someone knows how to help me recover the original system or if they know which operating system I can download and can help me to correct the problem I will thank you very much .:rolleyes:

You can give up on dload, it doesn't work.
I can't find any firmware for your model. You could rebrand to C636 and flash an older build for it, I don't get though why you don't want the latest firmware :p

Reactions: norvinguerrero
Jun 15, 2017
I can't find any firmware for your model. You could rebrand to C636 and flash an older build for it, I don't get though why you don't want the latest firmware :p

Thanks a lot for your help, the reason is that Google introduced after the original no fixes, but restrictions for users, I think google has forgotten that its operating system is linux based and that it can not bother to restrict the freedoms of the users of Android, it's sad to know that google reaches that and as you see I do not want to have to root the phone to be able to do what I've always done with freedom. Thanks again for your help, you're a 10:good:

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017

Download this version EMUI 5.0 MHA-L29C636B158 unzipped it in the microsd in the folder dload and not even flashea says that it has failed, that I can be doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Jun 15, 2017
I downgraded with firmware finder.

Open Firmware Finder, find the update you want to install (only use the full ota's), tap on it, install it with proxy or DNS, after you updated do a full wipe in the recovery or you will stuck in a boot loop

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.huaweifirmwarefinder

Many thanks to both, I could restore the cell to the original firmware use the program you told me and the version that (before) said EMUI 5.0 MHA-L29C636B158 fullota, I watched several videos from youtube to see the steps of the Firmware Finder, verify With the compatibility button from the program and said that it was authorized the firmware that (before) said, then I had to be careful because the download of the Firmware Finder although one check the three options do not lower them, you have to download the three files one For one, after following all the steps of the videos and do the proxy recognized the firmware as an update and installed correctly, rebooted and stayed as you said in an infinite cycle, I did the reset factory from the boot and ready And charge, the funny thing is that I do restore to the original MHA-L29C605B111 version of the cell phone factory in January 2017 just what I wanted, many thanks to both !!!, are a pair of " 10 ":good:

3mmar3d

Jun 13, 2013
Iraq

idealfall1

Jul 6, 2016
Vienna
plz
what do u mean by ( install it with proxy or DNS) ?

There are basically 2 methods how to force the firmware to the system update.

The first one is by using a proxy. Go into FF -> Settings -> click "use proxy to install" -> download & install the add-on -> go back to your fav firmware and click on it -> then click on "get an update throw proxy" -> the Add-on will show up -> go into your system settings -> select WiFi(WLAN) -> long press on your current connected WiFi -> click on "Change Network" (or something like that idk it's an poor translation by me) -> Do a check mark on "Advanced options" (or something like that xD) -> click on proxy -> select manuell -> hostname type "localhost" and port "8080" the last one just leave empty and save -> go into the system updates and have some fun

The second one is by using a different DNS server ^^ just go into FF -> select your fav firmware -> click on "get an update throw dns" -> scroll down -> select "register update" -> now click on "copy dns address" -> go into your system settings -> click on WiFi(Wlan) -> long press on your current connected WiFi -> click on "change network" -> select "advanced options" -> next go to "ip settings" -> select static -> scroll down to dns -> delete all dns addresses -> paste the copied dns address into DNS 1 -> save -> you are good to go and can now install the firmware

3mmar3d

Jun 13, 2013
Iraq

The first one is by using a proxy. Go into FF -> Settings -> click "use proxy to install" -> download & install the add-on -> go back to your fav firmware and click on it -> then click on "get an update throw proxy" -> the Add-on will show up -> go into your system settings -> select WiFi(WLAN) -> long press on your current connected WiFi -> click on "Change Network" (or something like that idk it's an poor translation by me) -> Do a check mark on "Advanced options" (or something like that xD) -> click on proxy -> select manuell -> hostname type "localhost" and port "8080" the last one just leave empty and save -> go into the system updates and have some fun

The second one is by using a different DNS server ^^ just go into FF -> select your fav firmware -> click on "get an update throw dns" -> scroll down -> select "register update" -> now click on "copy dns address" -> go into your system settings -> click on WiFi(Wlan) -> long press on your current connected WiFi -> click on "change network" -> select "advanced options" -> next go to "ip settings" -> select static -> scroll down to dns -> delete all dns addresses -> paste the copied dns address into DNS 1 -> save -> you are good to go and can now install the firmware

ok thanks
after i changed the proxy and checked the system update default app i found B183 update ! if i download it it will update and download normally without me ?

idealfall1

Jul 6, 2016
Vienna
ok thanks
after i changed the proxy and checked the system update default app i found B183 update ! if i download it it will update and download normally without me ?
Yeah it should, but you must check if you can install the firmware (with "check firmware access" ) or the installation with abort by 5% and the device simply restarts

Reactions: 3mmar3d
Jun 15, 2017
ok thanks

My recommendations son:
1- to give you in the program FF check the access to the firmware by IMEI
2- download the 3 files one by one because they are all selected only low one
3- In the configuration of the wifi as well as put the manual of the proxy, also put the manual ip addresses without gateway and without dns, the reason is because when the pieces in the system configuration look for updates and the this one finds the one that this Available in the proxy, when it starts and ends the proxy download searches the internet for more updates and finds all that are available and takes hours of hours to go down when you really only occupy the one you downloaded from the proxy.;)

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah it should, but you must check if you can install the firmware (with "check firmware access" ) or the installation with abort by 5% and the device simply restarts

Read the previous email mine, for your new question the current android will check and verify the consistency of the firmware you are about to install, remember what the other friend said should be fullota

3mmar3d

Jun 13, 2013
Iraq
My recommendations son:
1- to give you in the program FF check the access to the firmware by IMEI
2- download the 3 files one by one because they are all selected only low one
3- In the configuration of the wifi as well as put the manual of the proxy, also put the manual ip addresses without gateway and without dns, the reason is because when the pieces in the system configuration look for updates and the this one finds the one that this Available in the proxy, when it starts and ends the proxy download searches the internet for more updates and finds all that are available and takes hours of hours to go down when you really only occupy the one you downloaded from the proxy.;)

dear
when I use proxy I lost connection, can't open anything, what's the problem?

arminbih

Feb 23, 2015

I have followed the second procedure and downloaded the update fullota158 from settings system update, but when I click quick update it says "server temporarily unavailable. please try again later. Any solution?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I have followed the second procedure and downloaded the update fullota158 from settings system update, but when I click quick update it says "server temporarily unavailable. please try again later. Any solution?

Ok I got it to work, You need to reset wifi settings to default once again for it to authenticate.

Reactions: idealfall1

arminbih

Feb 23, 2015
After downgrade from 185 back to 156 update of January 2017 phone feels a lot faster. It is definitely faster at opening my favourite game, clash royale, as well as overall loading times. Could it be that new updates are limiting the processors for some reason? On latest changelog version 190 says: "Fixed overheating problems in some cases". Opinions?

Jun 15, 2017
After downgrade from 185 back to 156 update of January 2017 phone feels a lot faster. It is definitely faster at opening my favourite game, clash royale, as well as overall loading times. Could it be that new updates are limiting the processors for some reason? On latest changelog version 190 says: "Fixed overheating problems in some cases". Opinions?

Greetings, I'm from Costa Rica, my operator is Movistar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I downgraded with firmware finder.

Open Firmware Finder, find the update you want to install (only use the full ota's), tap on it, install it with proxy or DNS, after you updated do a full wipe in the recovery or you will stuck in a boot loop

Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.huaweifirmwarefinder
    plz
    what do u mean by ( install it with proxy or DNS) ?

Download this version EMUI 5.0 MHA-L29C636B158 unzipped it in the microsd in the folder dload and not even flashea says that it has failed, that I can be doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Use this: https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/how-to/guide-mate-9-flash-update-package-t3593108

Dload does not work, except for 2 older builds. The guide linked is much faster.
    ok thanks