FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mate 9 Pro - Android Oreo - EMUI 8 - notification issues

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By numzie, Junior Member on 25th January 2018, 01:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After upgrading (non-root), I have several apps (Snapchat, Tidio, Shopify just to name some) where notifications don't work anymore.
I've been in contact with both Huawei and the app providers - but noone can solve the problem - accusing each other for causing the problem.

I've tried a bunch of thing including letting these apps override battery saver mode, launch them in background, never go hibernate etc - but nothing worked.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
27th January 2018, 11:29 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 187
 
More
when i upgraded to oreo my email wouldnt give me notifications or display the email either no matter what i tried. It only got fixed after a wipe and reset.
5th February 2018, 03:15 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
what's model of the device and where you purchase this phone ?
5th February 2018, 08:13 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qianhui602

what's model of the device and where you purchase this phone ?

The model? As described in topic it's a Huawei Mate 9 Pro
Purchased through a national phone company.
8th February 2018, 04:50 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
i was having problems with my regular Mate 9 and notifications.

i tried a bunch of stuff, probably messed some settings up. But I went to

Settings > Battery > Launch

and changed it to "Manage all automatically"

then clicked on "Manage batch manually"
and checked all 3 boxes for All

and I think that fixed it. However it might be overkill, and I'm not sure what impact it has had on my battery yet
9th February 2018, 11:09 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike

i was having problems with my regular Mate 9 and notifications.

i tried a bunch of stuff, probably messed some settings up. But I went to

Settings > Battery > Launch

and changed it to "Manage all automatically"

then clicked on "Manage batch manually"
and checked all 3 boxes for All

and I think that fixed it. However it might be overkill, and I'm not sure what impact it has had on my battery yet

Thanks for writing. I did try that together with the other tweaks in the first place, but it didn't have any impact.
9th February 2018, 12:06 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numzie

Thanks for writing. I did try that together with the other tweaks in the first place, but it didn't have any impact.

Well I am probably getting 90% of my notifications now, where as before I was getting like 10%.

So i am still trying to figure out what settings I need to adjust
9th February 2018, 12:36 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadillacMike

Well I am probably getting 90% of my notifications now, where as before I was getting like 10%.

So i am still trying to figure out what settings I need to adjust

Agree. I'm also down to around 10% now, I guess - mainly Shopify an Snapchat problems - but I hope they'll be sorted out with future updates.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes