FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Notifications bug still present ?

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By microdog, Member on 23rd November 2016, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good morning everyone,

I'm from France. Two years ago, I bought a Huawei Ascend Mate 7. I was very happy about this device, but I had to sell it because of a bug with the notifications not coming through (Whatsapp, Facebook..) when the screen was off. I tried all the settings possible but nothing worked. Today, I'd like to buy a Huawei Mate 9, but I wonder if this bug is still there ? I did a lot of researchs about the settings we must apply before seeing notifications coming through.. like Protect the apps, Ignore battery optimization, switch power plan to "performance" etc... But people still have troubles on many Huawei devices.. I even red an article on xda about how to get rid of Doze on Huawei devices to see the notification get fully functional..

But also red many articles saying that Huawei will roll out an update at the Autumn to definitely see notifications work directly out of the box.. Is it true ? And is the fix already implemented in Emui 5.0 on the Mate 9 ?

Thanks a lot for all your answers. I'd really like to buy this device but I won't if this bug is still there...

Have a nice day !

23rd November 2016, 07:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I believe the bug you mention is due to the "feature" in EMUI which aggressively kills apps as soon as the screen is locked. In EMUI 5.0 this has now become an opt-in service. There is a list of apps, empty by default, which are killed. So the user now has far more control over this entire process. Personally I have had zero issues receiving whatsapp's or other notifications while the phone was sleeping.
23rd November 2016, 08:06 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Morning Mikeoscar62,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoscar62

I believe the bug you mention is due to the "feature" in EMUI which aggressively kills apps as soon as the screen is locked. In EMUI 5.0 this has now become an opt-in service. There is a list of apps, empty by default, which are killed. So the user now has far more control over this entire process. Personally I have had zero issues receiving whatsapp's or other notifications while the phone was sleeping.

Thank you very much for your answer ! That's very interresting and I'm very happy about it !

Where is this setting exactly in Emui 5.0 ?

You have 0 problem about notifications (on data as well as wi-fi ?) but, was it 100 % functional out of the box or did you have to apply some settings first ?

I'd also like to have more feedbacks before I make my final decision ! Anyways, thanks again ! That is a wonderful news !
23rd November 2016, 08:51 PM |#4  

More
It's part of the battery screen, app power saving tab. Worked fine out of the box for me, didn't need to change a thing.
23rd November 2016, 10:16 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Ok, that's great ! Thank you ! Can other Mate 9 owners confirm it ? So I think I'll go for it on Friday !
24th November 2016, 01:07 AM |#6  
Flag 東京☆Улаанбаатар☆Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,664

Donate to Me
More
I can confirm. There is no notification bug that I have found yet.
24th November 2016, 10:31 AM |#7  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 165

More
what about notification icons on the status ar.. has that been fixed or it is still just a number
24th November 2016, 10:34 AM |#8  
Flag 東京☆Улаанбаатар☆Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,664

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.gid

what about notification icons on the status ar.. has that been fixed or it is still just a number

It's still a useless number.
24th November 2016, 09:43 PM |#9  
Flag Wiltshire UK
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Wtf use is a number? Where have all my notification icons gone? Is this a emui issue?
25th November 2016, 07:32 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I bought the mate 9 couple of days back and I'm confirming the issue of whatsapp still present. You won't be able to know how many unread messages you have from the icon, unless you open the app or top slider. Bearing on mind I've formated the device but it was a useless trial.
25th November 2016, 08:43 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamiry

I bought the mate 9 couple of days back and I'm confirming the issue of whatsapp still present. You won't be able to know how many unread messages you have from the icon, unless you open the app or top slider. Bearing on mind I've formated the device but it was a useless trial.

That's a different issue from what OP was talking about. You're discussing the fact notifications are grouped together in a number, he was discussing whatapp messages not even arriving because the phone would kill the application. The first is still present (Although the Android Police podcast was saying it would probably be fixed soon by a software update), the second has been solved in EMUI 5.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeoscar62 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikeoscar62 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)