Latest Magisk Manager and magisk work now so no longer need to setup and flash the specific version found in the original post from topjhnwu.
Original credits and thanks go out to topjohnwu and his original guide found at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...0-pro-t3749280
- Must be running Andriod Oreo
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Copy of your Update.app
- Huawei Update Extractor (download in attachments) to extract and get your ramdisk.img
***Recommed to use via fastboot method...
If your device does have TWRP support with decryption, just directly flash it via TWRP. For devices without TWRP yet (currently all Huawei Treble devices), you can follow the instructions below:
- Install latest Magisk Manager from the Official Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
- Follow the instructions of "Install Via Magisk Manager" in the main thread, but instead of providing the boot image (which these devices do NOT have), provide the stock ramdisk.img extracted from your Update.app using Huawei Update Extractor.
If you are using Mate 9 with model MHA-L29636 running on firmware ending in B362, you can download the stock ramdisk.img I extracted from official OTAs in the attachments
If you have stock ramdisk images for other devices, please share them and I'll add them to the OP.
- Pull the patched image with adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img, and flash the patched ramdisk via fastboot:
fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
- Reboot and you shall have a properly rooted device passing SafetyNet, start playing with some Magisk modules!