FORUMS

[GUIDE][Magisk] Install Magisk on Mate 9 Running Oreo (Huawei Treble Devices)

242 posts
Thanks Meter: 360

By Wirmpolter, Senior Member on 5th April 2018, 08:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Seeing the different people having issues installing magisk and passing safetynet running Oreo trying to do it using TWRP, I've decided to post this guide to help simplify the process for some and allow magisk to install and pass safetynet successfully.

Latest Magisk Manager and magisk work now so no longer need to setup and flash the specific version found in the original post from topjhnwu.

Original credits and thanks go out to topjohnwu and his original guide found at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...0-pro-t3749280

Prerequirements
  1. Must be running Andriod Oreo
  2. Unlocked Bootloader
  3. Copy of your Update.app
  4. Huawei Update Extractor (download in attachments) to extract and get your ramdisk.img

Instructions

***Recommed to use via fastboot method...

If your device does have TWRP support with decryption, just directly flash it via TWRP. For devices without TWRP yet (currently all Huawei Treble devices), you can follow the instructions below:

1. Install latest Magisk Manager from the Official Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
  2. Follow the instructions of "Install Via Magisk Manager" in the main thread, but instead of providing the boot image (which these devices do NOT have), provide the stock ramdisk.img extracted from your Update.app using Huawei Update Extractor.
    If you are using Mate 9 with model MHA-L29636 running on firmware ending in B362, you can download the stock ramdisk.img I extracted from official OTAs in the attachments
    If you have stock ramdisk images for other devices, please share them and I'll add them to the OP.
  3. Pull the patched image with adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img, and flash the patched ramdisk via fastboot:
    fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
  4. Reboot and you shall have a properly rooted device passing SafetyNet, start playing with some Magisk modules!
Attached Files
File Type: zip L29636B362.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.06 MB, 702 views)
File Type: zip HuaweiUpdateExtractor_0.9.9.5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.26 MB, 1122 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wirmpolter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wirmpolter Ad-Free
5th April 2018, 08:49 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Innisfil

More
Reserved
6th April 2018, 10:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirmpolter

Seeing the different people having issues installing magisk and passing safetynet running Oreo trying to do it using TWRP, I've decided to post this guide to help simplify the process for some and allow magisk to install and pass safetynet successfully.

Latest Magisk Manager and magisk work now so no longer need to setup and flash the specific version found in the original post from topjhnwu.

Original credits and thanks go out to topjohnwu and his original guide found at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hon...0-pro-t3749280

Prerequirements

1. Must be running Andriod Oreo
  2. Unlocked Bootloader
  3. Copy of your Update.app
  4. Huawei Update Extractor (download in attachments) to extract and get your ramdisk.img

Instructions

***Recommed to use via fastboot method...

If your device does have TWRP support with decryption, just directly flash it via TWRP. For devices without TWRP yet (currently all Huawei Treble devices), you can follow the instructions below:

1. Install latest Magisk Manager from the Official Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
  2. Follow the instructions of "Install Via Magisk Manager" in the main thread, but instead of providing the boot image (which these devices do NOT have), provide the stock ramdisk.img extracted from your Update.app using Huawei Update Extractor.
    If you are using Mate 9 with model MHA-L29636 running on firmware ending in B362, you can download the stock ramdisk.img I extracted from official OTAs in the attachments
    If you have stock ramdisk images for other devices, please share them and I'll add them to the OP.
  3. Pull the patched image with adb pull /sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img, and flash the patched ramdisk via fastboot:
    fastboot flash ramdisk patched_boot.img
  4. Reboot and you shall have a properly rooted device passing SafetyNet, start playing with some Magisk modules!

Thanks a lot Man! It works! After of so many tries!
The Following User Says Thank You to toto2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toto2011 Ad-Free
6th April 2018, 05:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Innisfil

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toto2011

Thanks a lot Man! It works! After of so many tries!

Glad it helped you out and worked.
10th April 2018, 01:57 AM |#6  
Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great guide, thank you! Worked like a charm. The stock ramdisk.img for L29C567B360 is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip L29C567B360.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.07 MB, 80 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cavi_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cavi_ Ad-Free
10th April 2018, 02:10 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Innisfil

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavi_

Great guide, thank you! Worked like a charm. The stock ramdisk.img for L29C567B360 is attached.

Great to hear that. Thanks for posting that. I will add it to the OP.
10th April 2018, 08:53 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

Great to hear that. Thanks for posting that. I will add it to the OP.

Why modules didnt appear in my magisk modules?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180410-152259.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	4472083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180410-152307.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	4472084  
10th April 2018, 01:12 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Innisfil

More
Quote:

Why modules didnt appear in my magisk modules?

Hmm, that's a strange one. Can you go to settings in magisk and post some screen shots?
10th April 2018, 10:07 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Hmm, that's a strange one. Can you go to settings in magisk and post some screen shots?

Yeah! So strange!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-04-11-05-05-17.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	4472837  
10th April 2018, 11:00 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Innisfil

More
Quote:

Yeah! So strange!

There is the problem... Uncheck the box beside Magisk Core Only Mode. Should solve the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)