official Oreo update for Mate 9(not Beta)

Search This thread

Janneman3987

Jan 8, 2008
Amsterdam
i have tried hicare method mentioned above, also checked the early adaptors, but still no update. i have the "latest" stock firmware L29C636B183 installed

First check if the regio of your Mate 9 is the same of where you are now.
If not, download "Opera VPN" and set the right region. (C636 is Signapore)

Download Firmware Finder for Huawei.
Go to Wi-Fi settings.
Push and hold down your current Wi-Fi connection.
Push "Adjust netwerk" (or something like that. Not "Forget network")
Select "Avanced options"
Proxy "Manualy"
Hostname "localhost"
Port 8080
Proxy ?? "localhost"
Save

Start Firmware Finder and (this is important!!) push "+ Add model"
(Do not choose the model FF automaticly show.)
Type: MHA-L29 8.0.0.
Select the newest FullOTA-MF-PV for your region (C636)
Push "IN-APP PROXY" and "Ok".
Goto "check for system updates" in your phonesettings.
Now you can see there is an update. Start the update and push "pause".
Scroll your screen downwards and stop the Proxy app.
Go back to the download and resume the download.

It worked for me!

vijer

Apr 20, 2007

Go to Wi-Fi settings.
Select "Avanced options"
Proxy "Manualy"
Hostname "localhost"
Port 8080
Proxy ?? "localhost"
Save

It worked for me!

I did that and it downloaded the update but after I clicked to restart it said the update wasn't authorized and would be deleted. Is there another step you performed?

vang2k

May 21, 2013
I did that and it downloaded the update but after I clicked to restart it said the update wasn't authorized and would be deleted. Is there another step you performed?

Those updates will only install once it's approved for your imei. I unlocked my bootloader and I'm already on 8.0.0.360 us model. I'm sure your model should be getting official Ota soon. If it doesn't find an update itself than if your willing to do some unlocking of the bootloader and using adb you can flash files from firmware finder using HWOTA8 method.

vijer

Apr 20, 2007
Those updates will only install once it's approved for your imei. I unlocked my bootloader and I'm already on 8.0.0.360 us model. I'm sure your model should be getting official Ota soon. If it doesn't find an update itself than if your willing to do some unlocking of the bootloader and using adb you can flash files from firmware finder using HWOTA8 method.

Okay thanks, I thought your method was to allow installing unapproved firmware. I'm using the HWOTA8 method now.

vang2k

May 21, 2013
Okay thanks, I thought your method was to allow installing unapproved firmware. I'm using the HWOTA8 method now.

It's allowed to help install new full release key firmware that is final which aren't yet approved. It runs bug free and if you can get oreo working it's really nice for a handset from 2016. Just make sure to backup any files and messages you don't want to lose.

samsungandriod

Aug 12, 2012
sydney
I think your phone is approved to install MHA-L29 8.0.0.360a. that one isn't the latest update but it is a stable one.you can find it in ff.
I checked using the FF today, but was told my phone was not approved for the 8.0 yet. Has any one with the same firmware version like mine been able to update to the 8.0?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

Vageesha

I checked using the FF today, but was told my phone was not approved for the 8.0 yet. Has any one with the same firmware version like mine been able to update to the 8.0?

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
What is your firmware version ?.I upgraded mine from MHA-L29C636B191 to MHA-L29 8.0.0.360a(C636).My phone was approved to install the firmware.

glennie5

Jun 19, 2011
What is your firmware version ?.I upgraded mine from MHA-L29C636B191 to MHA-L29 8.0.0.360a(C636).My phone was approved to install the firmware.

I have the MHA-L29C432B198 and i did not yet receive the update.. quite a long period, i expected it already.. does anybody know when it will come the automatic update?

samsungandriod

Aug 12, 2012
sydney
mine is .. L29.....C636183. When i checked with FF, it asked to include IMEI info, so i did, then the result came back said, 'your device is NOT approved.' By the way, my c636 region is Hong Kong. ( i bought the phone from ebay)

Last edited:

Vageesha

I have the MHA-L29C432B198 and i did not yet receive the update.. quite a long period, i expected it already.. does anybody know when it will come the automatic update?

That depends on the country you are in.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

mine is .. L29.....C636183. When i checked with FF, it asked to include IMEI info, so i did, then the result came back said, 'your device is NOT approved.' By the way, my c636 region is Hong Kong. ( i bought the phone from ebay)

Did you check the all the firmwares 360,360a,361,362 ?

Reactions: samsungandriod

samsungandriod

Aug 12, 2012
sydney
That depends on the country you are in.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Did you check the all the firmwares 360,360a,361,362 ?

I have checked, only MHA-L20C636B191 FULLota-md IS approved for install. there are 2 files: update.zip and L29_hw_specseas/update_full_mha_hw_specseas.zip. do i need both files? or I only need to download update.zip. my phone is stock.
thanks

samsungandriod

Aug 12, 2012
sydney
i just start to download both files. it is still going. but once it finished download? what should i do? is there an update windows for me to continue? this the first time i am using ff. By the way, what is the 2nd file for? can i only download update.zip? Or do i need to install both files?

Last edited:

Vageesha

i just start to download both files. it is still going. but once it finished download? what should i do? is there an update windows for me to continue? this the first time i am using ff

ff in your phone right ?

Go to Wi-Fi settings.
Select "Avanced options"
Proxy "Manualy"
Hostname "localhost"
Port 8080
Proxy ?? "localhost"
Save

Now you can see there is an update.
Start the update and push "pause".
Reset the wifi settings to defult.
Start the update

Last edited:
Reactions: samsungandriod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Woohoo! So I messaged Huawei support on Thursday asking to get the Oreo update early on my L29C636. I gave them my IMEI number and got a generic reply on Friday saying they're still optimising stuff and to keep checking the system update page in settings.

Today I checked firmware finder for the latest Oreo update and my phone has been IMEI approved for installation. Downloading now!

Send them a support message and you might get lucky :)
    Same as yours, still doesn't work.
    So it looks like I have found a solution on an other forum:
    You need to go to Settings - Apps - Huawei Mobile Services and on top right tap on the three dots and go for the "uninstall updates". Worked for me after that, let's hope it will work for you too!
    i have tried hicare method mentioned above, also checked the early adaptors, but still no update. i have the "latest" stock firmware L29C636B183 installed

Go to Wi-Fi settings.
    Select "Avanced options"
    Proxy "Manualy"
    Hostname "localhost"
    Port 8080
    Proxy ?? "localhost"
    Save

It worked for me!
    I'm on C636 Oreo, no log version, does anybody knows why when you have an app running on background (let's say Spotify or WhatsApp Web) the system pops up a notification telling you "X app is running on background" ??? Perhaps it's still beta and in official you don't get this? It's a "Android System" notification, not the battery ones.

Unfortunately that's a "feature" of Android 8, you can disable it with an app though
    https://www.xda-developers.com/hide-app-running-background-notification-android-oreo/
    Oreo updates

I tried this and none of them are authorised for my device so couldn't install them.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

If you have a C432 it should work with firmware MHA-L29 8.8.0.361 (C432) rom as it is the official update, if you don't have a C432 it's not going to work unless you rebrand.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I had to check, same thing for me. Damn it, more waiting. :D

Firmware finder has it, if you use their proxy server settings you can download and install it from there. Open up your APN settings and put in the proxy settings then your settings app to start the update download, pause it then turn your Wi-Fi back on and continue the download, you should be able to install it then. Quotas or not. Lol firmware finder is your friend