Overall love

Search This thread

Swan Princess

Mar 6, 2017
Moscow
mate 9 is nice, but at my opinion, i think my LG5 is better.
Pros for G5:
* changeable battery
* wide angel second cam
* higher screen resolution
* FM Radio
* better fingerprint sensor
* better camera pictures

Pros for Mate 9:
* bigger battery
* bigger screen size

But after i have given my G5 to my wife, i have to live with it (until i’ve found a better device).;)

I dispute the points of a better fingerprint sensor, camera and exchangeable battery in the G5 pros. With a screwdriver you can replace the Mate's battery and its fingerprint sensor, I doubt it's possible to find a faster one out there. Camera quality? Highly subjective!

Reactions: geor.ge

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
so this was the reason, i wrote "at my opinion". ;)

BTW: as i saw here, it seems, that they have used glue to fix the body! So it is to tricky for me to change the battery. I had tried it on my old Honor 7. The result was, i had to order a new backside for it.

and one question please: how many mah your battery show after charging? I get only 3900mah shown at my app not 4000mah as written in the technical descriptions.

Last edited:

Zalophus

Oct 29, 2017
San Francisco
Pros: Great battery, dual SIM, fast processor, minimum bloatware, type c connector, Android 7.
Cons: few after market items (car chargers, cases, etc.), not water resistant, no wireless charging, still no OREO update.

Dedzdedz

Account currently disabled
Jan 13, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Nothing Phone 1
IMG_0147.JPG

Have to say i wasn’t expecting this. Had the mate 8 in past and it was not a pleasent experience, last week i was in the market for a phone (current phone was iphone 6 (great phone) ), finally yesterday i found this deal, mate 9, 3 year warranty, brand new 350€, went for it and woow, what a great phone, love the feel of the phone, it is very snappy, awesome fhd screen! Just updated to oreo. This was my last time using the iphone 6 ?[emoji123]

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Mate 9 is quite good but performance is poor especially in the graphics department. My other phone having Snapdragon 821 outperforms my Mate 9 in gaming.

However, for general use, movies and such it is quite snappy.

Screen is ok, black levels are quite good but colour could be punchier. Side by side next to Amoled, colours are weak and washed out. Poor colour accuracy.

Camera is this phones strong point, very good camera.

Dedzdedz

Jan 13, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Nothing Phone 1
Mate 9 is quite good but performance is poor especially in the graphics department. My other phone having Snapdragon 821 outperforms my Mate 9 in gaming.

However, for general use, movies and such it is quite snappy.

Screen is ok, black levels are quite good but colour could be punchier. Side by side next to Amoled, colours are weak and washed out. Poor colour accuracy.

Camera is this phones strong point, very good camera.
"side by side next to amoled, colours are weak and washed out. Poor colour accuracy" Are you serious? You do know Amoled screens tend to be over saturated?

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
"side by side next to amoled, colours are weak and washed out. Poor colour accuracy" Are you serious? You do know Amoled screens tend to be over saturated?

I am referring to something like a Samsung Galaxy S8/S9. They have near perfect colour accuracy. Even if over saturated there are options in the display options to select a different mode to reduce the saturation and get near perfect calibration.

And yes, the Huawei Mate 9 has poor colour accuracy. Check any review and you will see every review saying the colour accuracy is poor even if manually calibrating the colour, you cannot get it near perfect. Check GSMArena for example.

Here is what they say with regards to the colour calibration:

It's not as great in color accuracy, where it manages an average DeltaE of 5.2 with a maximum of 9.5 in its default display mode. White and shades of grey are off the most, leaning heavily towards blue. The Warm setting brings the average DeltaE to 4.6, but whites do remain bluish.

You get a color wheel in the display settings where you can adjust the color reproduction to your liking, but you'd be unable to get rid of the blue cast. Not to mention that fiddling with those controls without a reference will more likely bring you less accurate results.

Dedzdedz

Jan 13, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Nothing Phone 1
Well you are a good reader. What do your eyes tell you? C'mon s8 and s9? This is a last quarter of 2016 flagship.
At least compare it to an s7. Yes it is not the best screen on the market but for an fhd screen at 5.9 inches it does a pretty good job.

Reactions: geor.ge and Xavez14

Deacon68

Feb 20, 2019
Deacon

I'm very happy with the phone. To be honest I'm even surprised. It's better then what I have expected. It does everything I need it to do even more.
Moreover, there will be always a better phone on the market. Don't be a sheep. Be satisfied with it if is serving it's main purpose.

Reactions: geor.ge

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No phone is 10/10, that's ridiculous.
    I've used both Qhd and 1080p and boy can you tell the difference.
    How did you rate the phone and you don't own one http://xdaforums.com/mate-9/help/looking-to-buy-mate-9-uk-t3523897/page1
    Got a Chinese MHA-AL00, 6/128. Coming from iPhone 7, Axon 7 and Galaxy S7, all of which are fine devices. This thing takes it to another level altogether. Before getting it, I was a bit concerned about the resolution, however it's absolutely fine. The screen is wonderful. The phone is gorgeous. Performance is stellar. Speaking of which, now I know what lag-free performance on Android really feels like.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the **** your rate a phone that you never used based on others. That's seriously idiotic as ****. As far as for me, phone is a 9/10. Emui could have been more customizable and better looking but still better looking than TouchWiz

Should have QHD screen at 5.9.
    7/10

No no and no. More phones need to be 1080p
    how is this phone compare to the oneplus 3t?

I had the OnePlus 3T. This phone has bigger and better screen, better speakers, better finger print sensor, better battery life. I kind of like EMUI also.

The OnePlus 3T does seem a little faster and smoother to me, but the Mate 9 is a very close 2nd. There is a lot more development going on with the OnePlus, so if you are a flashoholic you might like the OnePlus better.