FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Using google phone, how to hide Dialler?

215 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By dekraan, Senior Member on 21st February 2018, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all,

I've installed a version of the google phone app via apkmirror and it works. But I want to hide the dialler app!

I am using Oreo 8.0.0.362 and tried to freeze dialler with titanium backup, and although it says it is Frozen I still see the icon and it still works.

Can I uninstall dialler? Is there a solution to getting rid of it?

And! What latest apk of google phone can we use? I've got a v14 nonnexus atm.

21st February 2018, 01:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Never mind! Apparently unfreezing and freezing again made it go away!

I do wonder what Google phone app we can use!
22nd February 2018, 08:33 AM |#3  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 68

More
If you have Magisk 15.4 installed on Oreo (EMUI 8) then you can install my module (attached). It's based on @P1N2O module (https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...amework-magisk) I've only updated version and files inside which are taken from GApps for Android 8.0 ARM64 2018-02-17.
After that you're able to install Google Dialer straight from Play Store :) You can set it as default dialer and it works almost perfectly - from time to time Mate9 show system InCall UI for incoming calls instead of google's. I don't know really why, I have no time to check it.
The Following User Says Thank You to rufik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rufik Ad-Free
22nd February 2018, 07:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufik

If you have Magisk 15.4 installed on Oreo (EMUI 8) then you can install my module (attached). It's based on @P1N2O module (https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Re...amework-magisk) I've only updated version and files inside which are taken from GApps for Android 8.0 ARM64 2018-02-17.
After that you're able to install Google Dialer straight from Play Store You can set it as default dialer and it works almost perfectly - from time to time Mate9 show system InCall UI for incoming calls instead of google's. I don't know really why, I have no time to check it.

Cool! I had 15.4 installed and tried to add your module. And although it says it succeeded, I cant find phone in the app store. Check-in magisk I Saw that I'm at v16 now.

Can I reflash the 15.4 in twrp and try again?
22nd February 2018, 08:00 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Ok this is strange. I used the magisk uninstaller, and then reinstalled a 15.4 version for mate 9, which ante0 sent me.

Installed the manager and magisk says I have 15.4

Cant install your module though. It says data/magisk is not set up properly and that I should install magisk v14.0+!

EDIT: uninstalled magisk, installed it again and tried the module. Same error. Tried it again, and it worked! Nice! So, if at first you dont..
23rd February 2018, 07:10 AM |#6  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 68

More
After flashing module you can try to clear data of Google Play Store and reboot.

If you encounter errors after flashing magisk just try to dirty flash it again. I think this module should work with magisk 16 if module template hasn't changed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dialler, phone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)