FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ZTE Maven 3

201 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By tge101, Senior Member on 11th November 2017, 11:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What's the likelihood of anything happening with the ZTE Maven 3? I understand it's pretty new but I literally can't even find any discussion on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tge101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tge101 Ad-Free

13th November 2017, 10:26 PM |#2  
Flag Russell springs, KY
Thanks Meter: 37

Donate to Me
More
I just picked the Maven 3 up today myself and I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised... It performs great considering it was only $30 brand new, and I love the fit & finish of it... Now just gotta try to be patient and hope for Lineage/ResRemix,TWRP,Root,Magisk,etc.... =)
21st November 2017, 02:55 PM |#3  
Flag Cupertino
Thanks Meter: 10

More
It's apparently going to be $8 shipped from best buy on black friday. I think a lot of people will pick one up even if it were to be just an emergency phone.
24th November 2017, 04:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Any news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tge101

What's the likelihood of anything happening with the ZTE Maven 3? I understand it's pretty new but I literally can't even find any discussion on it.

Have you found anyone thats rooted it?
24th November 2017, 11:48 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logos Ascetic

Have you found anyone thats rooted it?

No, I haven't found anything about it still. Hoping for at least roof, LOS would be a nice surprise.
25th November 2017, 07:18 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I've found that QDLoader is activated in EDL mode (adb reboot edl; you will know you are in when the screen is off and nothing is happening) but I'm not sure how that's useful for us. fastboot and adb do not work in this mode. Volume down + Power button = FTM (field test mode) but I'm not sure what to do in that mode - you can use adb commands but you can't do anything special like mount system as r/w - no fastboot in this mode either. I also tried the ZTE Axon 7 tuliptool but that didn't detect anything (worth a try I guess). iRoot, srsroot, kingroot (pc & apk) don't root it in the FTM mode or regular OS. I've tried adb reboot disemmcwc thing to disable write protection but that didn't seem to do anything different. adb reboot bootloader only brings you to the regular OS. There is also a recovery, but that really only allows you to wipe data/cache and view logs, etc. (volume up + power).

There is an OEM Unlock option in the developer settings, but I still haven't found a way to get to use fastboot. Looking in the system, there are some debug scripts in the /system/bin folder, as well as busybox (toolbox & toybox included) which is interesting. The device is on 7.1.1 & security update "July 1, 2017" (any later exploits?). In "About", there is also a section called "Additional system updates" which seems to allow installing update packages from root directory on storage card?

I'm stuck there, as I'm not super knowledgeable in the art of rooting. Hopefully someone can figure this out!
26th November 2017, 02:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the information, Nick. I'm sure a lot of people got these for 8 bucks like I did just to play around with. I have no intention of putting a sim in it. I just want to use it as a music player with Google music. The main things I want to do are get rid of the preinstalled "locked" apps and unlock it to get rid of the activation nags. How did you get the developer options? When I tap on the Android build, I get this big N. For just over $20, I got a music player with 32 gigs for music. Not bad. I would love to get Aptx HD if we are able to get LineageOS or root it and install the codec but it's not a really big deal since I have it on my main phone. I just want to use this at work plugged in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Elliott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tim Elliott Ad-Free
24th December 2017, 03:23 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Elliott

Thanks for the information, Nick. I'm sure a lot of people got these for 8 bucks like I did just to play around with. I have no intention of putting a sim in it. I just want to use it as a music player with Google music. The main things I want to do are get rid of the preinstalled "locked" apps and unlock it to get rid of the activation nags. How did you get the developer options? When I tap on the Android build, I get this big N. For just over $20, I got a music player with 32 gigs for music. Not bad. I would love to get Aptx HD if we are able to get LineageOS or root it and install the codec but it's not a really big deal since I have it on my main phone. I just want to use this at work plugged in.

Tap the build number 7 times. It worked for me.
11th January 2018, 05:24 PM |#9  
Flag Helmsburg, Indiana

Donate to Me
More
Maven query
First, am I permitted to ask a technical question about this model here? I couldn't find a thread for any sort of Q&A, and starting my own would likely take a week to get a response. If not, kindly point me in the right direction please?

Note: My question is about how to retrieve the encryption key as I adopted my SD card to internal, and now it won't read it suddenly. I believe a file named (expand%s.key) is what contained the key, and I'm not sure how it was deleted. This happened after using Zarchiver and compressing about 700 images into a .zip with ultra compression, 256-bit encryption with password. After it finished the phone rebooted and didn't read the SD card upon boot.
24th January 2018, 09:18 PM |#10  

More
I'm working on a terminal-only approach to rooting using the linux shell. I've got 4 books on linux checked out from the library including a command reference that's about 800 pages thick. If there's a way to root using the command line, I'll find it. Success could take a week or two depending on how many hours a day I put into this. It's also possible that there simply isn't a way to root from the command line only. Wouldn't it be nice though?
6th March 2018, 04:01 PM |#11  

More
Maven root
Quote:
Originally Posted by denny777

I'm working on a terminal-only approach to rooting using the linux shell. I've got 4 books on linux checked out from the library including a command reference that's about 800 pages thick. If there's a way to root using the command line, I'll find it. Success could take a week or two depending on how many hours a day I put into this. It's also possible that there simply isn't a way to root from the command line only. Wouldn't it be nice though?

It'd be nice if there were ANY way to root the Maven 2 or 3, I've tried pretty much every well know apk , without PC, & no root. Almost got it 1 time & started to try to remove some crapware & bam reboot.
I'm confused on the custom recovery / root thing. Seems like a chicken / egg ? Need root to install recovery but the root methods on Youtube all seem to start with them all having a recovery installed. You need to get a job but you have no experience, but you need experience to get a job...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zte-maven

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)