FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.1 [X01BD]

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 323

By legacy07, Senior Member on 21st December 2019, 10:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Screenshots

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your X01BD, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash gapps
6) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES

You Tell Me

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others...

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] crDroid v6.1 [X01BD][09-01-2020], ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
legacy07
Source Code: https://github.com/rk779/android_kernel_asus_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Pie
Based On: Lineage

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v6.1
Stable Release Date: 2019-12-21

Created 2019-12-21
Last Updated 2020-01-09
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
21st December 2019, 10:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
v6.1
- Dec security patch
- ZenfoneParts
- kernel : katnis 208

v6.0
- initial build
- Nov security patch
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
21st December 2019, 10:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Kernel Sec.
q only
kx_206
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
21st December 2019, 01:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
The best custom Android 10 ROM I have ever used so far, and the battery and ram management just phenomenal even in 3gb of RAM. Great Job!
The Following User Says Thank You to Apolle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Apolle Ad-Free
21st December 2019, 03:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Android auto is freezing and makes the system reboot itself
21st December 2019, 07:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Which gapps do i have to load? For Android 9 or for 10? And which one is the best?
21st December 2019, 08:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerhammer

Which gapps do i have to load? For Android 9 or for 10? And which one is the best?

Android 10 ofcourse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
22nd December 2019, 08:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Hi @legacy07

First of all, thanks for maintaining official crDroid for this phone. As I also mentioned already on your crDroid Pie thread earlier, I really like this ROM. It is based on LineageOS with added customizations which makes it quite a good combo.

However, most of the Custom ROMs here except for the Official LineageOS and Official ArrowOS, use a Kernel which is heavily deviated from the Linux-Stable one. For example, messing with Refresh Rate of screen or unnecessary overclocks (which I don't think actually work). I am not really a fan of such untested, unnecessary additions.

You seem to be using a relatively stable Kernel which seems to be in-line with Linux-Stable (in your Pie Builds). So, I wanted to know which Kernel are you using for this one? The source isn't mentioned here (at the time of writing this). Further, a source with commit history will be really appreciated.

There is one request of mine. Can you put out a standalone LineageOS or ArrowOS Kernel compiled for your crDroid? It would be helpful for guys like me if you don't want to ship that Kernel by default in your builds.

Once again, thanks for maintain such an Amazing ROM for our device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shoaib05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shoaib05 Ad-Free
22nd December 2019, 10:17 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoaib05

Hi @legacy07

First of all, thanks for maintaining official crDroid for this phone. As I also mentioned already on your crDroid Pie thread earlier, I really like this ROM. It is based on LineageOS with added customizations which makes it quite a good combo.

However, most of the Custom ROMs here except for the Official LineageOS and Official ArrowOS, use a Kernel which is heavily deviated from the Linux-Stable one. For example, messing with Refresh Rate of screen or unnecessary overclocks (which I don't think actually work). I am not really a fan of such untested, unnecessary additions.

You seem to be using a relatively stable Kernel which seems to be in-line with Linux-Stable (in your Pie Builds). So, I wanted to know which Kernel are you using for this one? The source isn't mentioned here (at the time of writing this). Further, a source with commit history will be really appreciated.

There is one request of mine. Can you put out a standalone LineageOS or ArrowOS Kernel compiled for your crDroid? It would be helpful for guys like me if you don't want to ship that Kernel by default in your builds.

Once again, thanks for maintain such an Amazing ROM for our device.

Well, I haven't decided whether to continue with the kernel "katnis" which was used in pie builds. I made it just because I found some features I used seem missing in the Arrow kernel. In this initial build, i have used the kernel of lineageos. The future depends on the public opinion of this build, afterwards the source will be updated accordingly.
The Following User Says Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
22nd December 2019, 11:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Will there be support for the "smart bar" of navigation buttons, as in Pie?
The Following User Says Thank You to negativman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift negativman Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)