FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] [DEBLOAT] Remove stock apps WITHOUT ROOT [24-DEC-2018]

589 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,496

By AVinaSh_S, Senior Member on 24th December 2018, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Asus Zenfone has stock android without bloatware .. why this thread is created ??
Agreed that we have near stock android and most of the apps can be disabled in settings.
But with the method mentioned below, app will never wake up to consume battery and will be uninstalled for current user.
Also ADB is way faster than individually selecting and disabling apps.
You need to enable USB debugging and have ADB setup. (Refer https://www.xda-developers.com/quickly-install-adb/ is you are new to these things.)
Now once you have device connected via USB, run adb devices command to see if your device is connected via ADB.
Adb

Now copy and run the commands from below list for the app which you want to remove.
This will remove apps for current user and will return in case of factory reset. So if you mess something up, do factory reset to get out of trouble.
In case the command fails then the app is already removed .. so no negative impact / issue in that case

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.asus.soundrecorder # Sound Recorder
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager # Facebook App Manager
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.katana # Facebook App
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.orca # Facebook Messenger
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system # Facebook App Installer
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.docs # Google Drive
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.maps # Google Map
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.messaging # Google Messaging
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.photos # Google Photos
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.tachyon # Google Duo
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.calendar # Google Calendar
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox # Google Search App
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.music # Google Music
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.videos # Google Movies
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.webview # AOSP webview
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.instagram.android # Instagram
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.asus.ia.asusapp # Asus Service Center
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.keep # Google Keep
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube # YouTube
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.asus.calculator # Asus Calculator
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AVinaSh_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AVinaSh_S Ad-Free

24th December 2018, 01:46 PM |#2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Awsome dude, Deleted 9 applications.
Thank you so much
The Following User Says Thank You to Zulfi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zulfi Ad-Free
24th December 2018, 03:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 314

More
Thanks Man,

Also I suggest all to backup the apk file before uninstalling. Do it using App Backup And restore application.

You need to set setting to show System Application.

Note : I uninstalled Launcher3 application and changed to NOVA. Later double tap to sleep went wrong. And finger print scanner again asking to enter pattern.

Share command to uninstall Google GMAIL app.
24th December 2018, 03:33 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kendari, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 4,662

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinm

Share command to uninstall Google GMAIL app.

Change the package name starting with com.<whatever-it-is> with com.google.android.gm.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using XDA Labs
24th December 2018, 05:19 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks a lot. I managed to uninstall FB, IG & Messenger. However I have this game called FreeFire comes pre-installed. I bought a Malaysian set and not sure if the Indian set have the game or not. I have disabled the game for now. Any command to delete it?
25th December 2018, 09:26 AM |#6  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabelbish

Thanks a lot. I managed to uninstall FB, IG & Messenger. However I have this game called FreeFire comes pre-installed. I bought a Malaysian set and not sure if the Indian set have the game or not. I have disabled the game for now. Any command to delete it?

We don't have pre installed garbage except stock app!
26th December 2018, 06:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabelbish

try this
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.dts.freefireth
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to watatara.102 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift watatara.102 Ad-Free
27th December 2018, 02:41 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just for information.This method does not remove programs from system (apk).Tried to remove the program on the phone with root.The apk file remained in place, but the Android thought that there was no program in the system.Because memory is not released.This method is very convenient for the fact that the program did not work in the background and to disable auto-update Fota.
27th December 2018, 03:01 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by watatara.102

try this

Code:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.dts.freefireth

thanks!!
27th December 2018, 05:06 PM |#10  

More
After update my sd card is corrupted actually it is working solution guys
31st December 2018, 06:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not working for me and i did it twice. Apps still there. For now i only disabled it. I have the indonesian version. Even the update is still not there. Still using the october patch and no update yet.

Does anyone have a solution?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, debloat, speed, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)