FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[20/05/2019]New stock pie update available (india)

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By [email protected], Member on 20th May 2019, 10:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
New version available
Version WW-16.2017.1905.065
Can be updated manually. https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Zenfon...HelpDesk_BIOS/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190520-171331~2.png
Views:	898
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	4762237  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
 
 
21st May 2019, 03:01 PM |#2  
shubham1358's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Yup solved R and 4g icon bug &
Circle around the pill is also gone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190521-192853.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	4762977  
21st May 2019, 05:53 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

New version available
Version WW-16.2017.1905.065
Can be updated manually. https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Zenfon...HelpDesk_BIOS/

I already have my phone updated to pie. Did it manually about 2 weeks ago. I have the circle around the navigation pill bug and the 4g/r bug as well on the status bar. How do I installed the newer one?
Download and transfer it to the internal storage and wait for the device to detect the update?
22nd May 2019, 01:42 AM |#4  
shubham1358's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonMonkey112

I already have my phone updated to pie. Did it manually about 2 weeks ago. I have the circle around the navigation pill bug and the 4g/r bug as well on the status bar. How do I installed the newer one?
Download and transfer it to the internal storage and wait for the device to detect the update?

Goto System setting and check manually for fota update. I got it by manually checking for update.
They release update in stages so wait for a day or so.(currently update is available in india)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190522-060808~2.png
Views:	298
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	4763254  
22nd May 2019, 06:51 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I updated my device
Changelog
1.security patch updated
2.network roaming overlap issue
3.circle on pill removed...!
Anything missing please notify
22nd May 2019, 05:10 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
1. The SIM1 network indicator and S1M2 indicator are very incorrectly placed if seen closely.
2. The R is very close to the 4G symbol.
3. Around 0.5mm of the top screen is missing.
4. The wallpaper changes automatically on Restart

It is not expected from a brand like Asus 😅
23rd May 2019, 07:00 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
update
can i update my ROOTED max pro m2 oreo to pie without relocking the bootloader?
24th May 2019, 08:01 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1o1

can i update my ROOTED max pro m2 oreo to pie without relocking the bootloader?

Yep there is a zip file Available in rom& recovery section just download and flash like custom roms
24th May 2019, 10:34 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by manivenkat9991

Yep there is a zip file Available in rom& recovery section just download and flash like custom roms

thanks bro..
28th May 2019, 06:30 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage1o1

thanks bro..

Nope, it won't help. If you are planning to do it using TWRP, You need a zip with edited update-binary, and have to flash decrypt.zip otherwise you would lose all the data of Internal Memory.

And if you choose to do it using Stock Recovery you are bound to lose your data of internal memory, because the zip would encrypt your system partition in the end and then, data of your internal memory would become useless for you. If you choose to do it using stock recovery, don't use the zip, I have posed in step number 1, it might not work on stock recovery. That zip is only for TWRP.

The correct procedure is:
1. Flash this zip using TWRP.
4. Then flash decrypt.zip of pie. (Use this zip if your system partition is decrypted, otherwise don't use it.)
5. And then reboot.


WARNING: flashing decrypt.zip is causing wifi problem for some users. Do it at your own risk. Some users reported that decrypt.zip is erasing MAC ID of wifi adapter. So I am not responsible for any such thing. I am warning you well in advance.
30th May 2019, 12:33 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
have to try this... tnx man
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy75

Nope, it won't help. If you are planning to do it using TWRP, You need a zip with edited update-binary, and have to flash decrypt.zip otherwise you would lose all the data of Internal Memory.

And if you choose to do it using Stock Recovery you are bound to lose your data of internal memory, because the zip would encrypt your system partition in the end and then, data of your internal memory would become useless for you. If you choose to do it using stock recovery, don't use the zip, I have posed in step number 1, it might not work on stock recovery. That zip is only for TWRP.

The correct procedure is:
1. Flash this zip using TWRP.
4. Then flash decrypt.zip of pie. (Use this zip if your system partition is decrypted, otherwise don't use it.)
5. And then reboot.


WARNING: flashing decrypt.zip is causing wifi problem for some users. Do it at your own risk. Some users reported that decrypt.zip is erasing MAC ID of wifi adapter. So I am not responsible for any such thing. I am warning you well in advance.

have to try this... thanks alot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes