Disable forced encryption of data partition

Instructions:

1. Download the decrypt.zip and move/copy to sdcard/otg drive
2. Flash in recovery
3. Format /data
4. Reboot

To encrypt the rom again, flash encrypt(pie).zip and format /data
Attached Files
File Type: zip decrypt(Pie).zip - [Click for QR Code] (172.2 KB, 1390 views)
File Type: zip encrypt(pie).zip - [Click for QR Code] (177.9 KB, 426 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free

14th April 2019, 04:16 PM |#2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 28

More
What is the meaning of forced encryption on data partition
17th April 2019, 05:38 PM |#3  
Flag Angul
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ArtFuL

Disable forced encryption of data partition

Instructions:

1. Download the decrypt.zip and move/copy to sdcard/otg drive
2. Flash in recovery
3. Format /data
4. Reboot

In which recovery stock or on custom recovery?
17th April 2019, 08:05 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdsahu101

In which recovery stock or on custom recovery?

Custom recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 06:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Can I update to Pie via TWRP, after editing updater-script, if yes, can I flash decrypt.zip just after updating without formatting data. Actually, I don't want to format my device and install all the applications again.
Is 1903.064 is stable enough to use, I mean cam2api, screen flickering, PUBG on HD setting, charging time it was taking too long to charge earlier, reduced battery backup, screen brightness, cracking sound, double tap was also not working.
1st May 2019, 06:26 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy75

Can I update to Pie via TWRP, after editing updater-script, if yes, can I flash decrypt.zip just after updating without formatting data. Actually, I don't want to format my device and install all the applications again.
Is 1903.064 is stable enough to use, I mean cam2api, screen flickering, PUBG on HD setting, charging time it was taking too long to charge earlier, reduced battery backup, screen brightness, cracking sound, double tap was also not working.

Yes. You can. But if the phone is encrypted and flashing decrypt for the first time, decryption comes into effect only after formatting data
The Following User Says Thank You to legacy07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legacy07 Ad-Free
1st May 2019, 07:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ArtFuL

Yes. You can. But if the phone is encrypted and flashing decrypt for the first time, decryption comes into effect only after formatting data

No, Mine is decrypted. I am on Oreo with TWRP and already flashed decrypt.zip of Oreo? So can I flash 1903.064 zip via TWRP, after editing updater script and then flash decrypt.zip of Pie, to save my data partition?
I hope decrypt.zip of Pie does not format data while flashing.....
1st May 2019, 07:48 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy75

No, Mine is decrypted. I am on Oreo with TWRP and already flashed decrypt.zip of Oreo? So can I flash 1903.064 zip via TWRP, after editing updater script and then flash decrypt.zip of Pie, to save my data partition?
I hope decrypt.zip of Pie does not format data while flashing.....

Then no need to format. You won't loose data
7th May 2019, 03:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
is this necessary if i will go for custom rom? i mean just like in oreo, can i use the decrypt.zip for oreo to stock pie in order to decrypt my device? or i will use this one for pie? just to clarify sir.
7th May 2019, 03:23 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag KL-34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayamokid

is this necessary if i will go for custom rom? i mean just like in oreo, can i use the decrypt.zip for oreo to stock pie in order to decrypt my device? or i will use this one for pie? just to clarify sir.

Flashing decrypt oreo infact caused many problems on wifi/modem for many users. Also decrypt oreo didn't worked on pie for some users. So flashing decrypt pie is recommended for Oreo too.
7th May 2019, 04:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy07

Flashing decrypt oreo infact caused many problems on wifi/modem for many users. Also decrypt oreo didn't worked on pie for some users. So flashing decrypt pie is recommended for Oreo too.

it meams its just like the updated version of decrypt.zip? thanks sir.
The Following User Says Thank You to kayamokid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kayamokid Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)