FORUMS

[ROM][10.0][ LOS 17.1 - MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10 ][ Update 26/07/2020 ]

6,352 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,599

By surdu_petru, Recognized Contributor on 20th October 2019, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello !

The new Android 10 is coming to your Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8940 with the new LineageOS 17.1 !

Code:
Devices Supported : Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 : BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09 Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 : CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

Code:
LineageOS : LineageOS 17.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Code:
Downloads : lineage-17.1-HuaweiMediaPadM3Lite_2020-07-26.zip md5: 2605d5ae8697fe936f86357ef3ffbcfc This ROM do not include GApps please use always the last available pack : OpenGApps for Android 10 ARM64

Code:
Instructions :
1. install the New TWRP 3.3.1-3 2. plug USB cable to your Desktop/Laptop for copy files ( or add them to a external storage/microSD card ) 3. go to Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset 4. copy LOS-17.1 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage 5. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file 6. Add more Zips 7. check GApps zip file 8. Swipe to confirm Flash 9. Wipe cache/dalvik -> Swipe to Wipe 10. Reboot System 11. Enjoy!

Code:
What's working : * Touchscreen * Audio & Video * WIFI * BT * GPS * FPS * Lights * Sensors * Internal/External Storage * ADB/MTP & USB/OTG * RIL & data connection * Camera Video recording * Flip Cover * Encrypt device * SELinux Enforced

Code:
Not working : * Photo Camera * there could be also others minor issues !

Code:
Source Code : device tree : android_device_huawei_bach Branch: ten! kernel: android_kernel_huawei_bach Branch: ten !

Screenshots :

Contributors
surdu_petru
Source Code: https://github.com/Huawei-Dev?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: Android 10 / Q
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.140
ROM Firmware Required: LineageOS 16.0 Android Pie
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-10-20
Last Updated 2020-06-14
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 01:35 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Donors :

@ossizwei

@Jobode747

@Micromind

@morgan7676

@Kagum

@mrdark5555

@realdomdom

@xbor

@#marcg#

Once again thank you very much to all donors !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 03:28 PM |#3  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Now that I've managed to unlock my M3 Lite I've decided to jump in with both feet

I've put this LineageOS 17.0 on with CyanogenMod OpenGAPPS 10 full. I'll let you know how I get on.

Do I need to update TWRP from 3.2.0.0 to 3.3.1.0?

thanks
Paul

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Got getting messages repeatedly between these two:
"com.qualcomm.qcrilmsg.... keeps stopping"
"android setup keeps stopping"
21st October 2019, 04:01 PM |#4  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjjpm

Now that I've managed to unlock my M3 Lite I've decided to jump in with both feet

I've put this LineageOS 17.0 on with CyanogenMod OpenGAPPS 10 full. I'll let you know how I get on.

Do I need to update TWRP from 3.2.0.0 to 3.3.1.0?

thanks
Paul

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Got getting messages repeatedly between these two:
"com.qualcomm.qcrilmsg.... keeps stopping"
"android setup keeps stopping"

Yes you can update now Twrp to 3.3.1.

Btw I didn't tested GAppps. So if it's not working just remove it.
The Following User Says Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 04:33 PM |#5  
Flag Manchester

More
This is happening a lot when I go into Setting: "android setup keeps stopping"
21st October 2019, 04:46 PM |#6  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjjpm

This is happening a lot when I go into Setting: "android setup keeps stopping"

Ok, just remove GApps and see how it's working ... later you can install nano or pico, not full version of GApps !

EDIT :

Full version of GApps it's not recommended at all as there is just a Betta LOS 17.0 !
21st October 2019, 04:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Awesome!, thanks for providing full source.
I'm getting the same error "com.qualcomm.qcrilmsgtunnel" keeps crashing until I manually close the app on clean install, I have a tablet with no sim. Other than that the tablet seems to be working fine.

After installing opengapps android setup crashes repeatedly, but after disabling android setup, play store works as normal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oddhap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oddhap Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 04:58 PM |#8  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddhap

I'm getting the same error "com.qualcomm.qcrilmsgtunnel" keeps crashing until I manually close the app on clean install, I have a tablet with no sim. Other than that the tablet seems to be working fine.

After installing opengapps android setup crashes repeatedly, but after disabling android setup, play store works as normal.

Well done !
22nd October 2019, 09:30 AM |#9  
Flag Manchester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddhap

Thanks, I didn't know if the 'android setup' was important or not. Have disabled it and all quiet now.

I tried a few version of GAPPS10, Pico, Nano etc. and still got the errors. Once 'android setup' disabled now issues.

Thanks
23rd October 2019, 01:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Installed without GApps. Seems fine so far. Will test more once it completes charging. Thanks for all your hard work man. you have really enhanced the overall experience with this tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to fallensoldier For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fallensoldier Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 08:35 AM |#11  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallensoldier

Installed without GApps. Seems fine so far. Will test more once it completes charging. Thanks for all your hard work man. you have really enhanced the overall experience with this tablet.

Thank you for feedback!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)