FORUMS

[ROM][8.1][ LineageOS 15.1 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ][Update 04/10/2020]

6,440 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,748

By surdu_petru, Recognized Contributor on 19th April 2020, 11:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Android 8.1 is coming on your Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4, Kirin 950 SoC with the LineageOS 15.1 !

*** I'll keep this ROM in a BETA stage until all kernel drivers will be properly update to Android Oreo ***

Code:
Devices Supported : Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 : BTV-DL09; BTV-L0J; BTV-W09

Code:
LineageOS : LineageOS 15.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Code:
Downloads : LineageOS-15.1-BEETHOVEN_2020-10-04.zip Only for BTV-W09 : boot_btv-w09_2020-10-04.img This ROM do not include GApps please use always the last available pack : OpenGApps for Android 8.1 ARM64 recommended to use nano or pico version

Code:
Instructions :
1. install the New TWRP 3.3.1-0 ( please check the second post ) 2. format data in TWRP & reboot device into twrp to be able to use data ! 3. go to Wipe -> Swipe to Factory Reset 4. wipe Vendor & System partitions 5. copy LOS-15.1 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage 6. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file 7. Add more Zips 8. check GApps zip file 9. Swipe to confirm Flash 10. Wait a bit until you'll see : " - Installation complete! - Unmounting partitions Updating partitions details ... ... done 11. Wipe Cache/Dalvik -> Swipe to Wipe 12. If your device it's BTV-W09 please install now boot_btv-w09_xxx.img ( Install -> Install Image -> choose "boot_btv-w09_xxx.img" -> Select Partition to Flash Image: Boot ) 13. Reboot System 14. Enjoy!

Code:
What's working : * Touchscreen * Audio & Video * Wi-Fi * Wi-Fi hotspot * Bluetooth * GPS * Lights * Notification light * Sensors * Internal/External Storage * ADB/MTP & USB/OTG * Off-mode Charging * RIL & LTE data connection * HWComposer * Camera * DRM enabled ( the same Level L3 like on Stock EMUI Firmware ) * Fingerprint scanner

Code:
Not working : * SELinux Disabled; ( won't be enabled anytime soon ) * Encryption; ( won't be fixed anytime soon ) * USB tethering ( W I P ) * Cast ( W I P )

Code:
Credits : LineageOS Team

Code:
Source Code : kernel: android_kernel_huawei_btv Branch: oreo !

Screenshots :

Contributors
surdu_petru
Source Code: https://github.com/Huawei-Dev?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: Android 8.1/Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Android N - EMUI 5.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Project Status
WIP

Created 2020-04-19
Last Updated 2020-10-04
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 11:52 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 TWRP 3.3.1-0
TWRP 3.3.1-0

You need this new TWRP in order to flash Lineage OS 15.1 !

Must be installed only on Android N EMUI 5.x

Working on all Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 with Android N EMUI 5.x !

Download :

twrp-3.3.1-0.img md5: 984779bc7af812eb1b3e67e197732dbc

Installation :

Quote:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0.img

fastboot reboot

You need to FORMAT Data in order to decrypt /data, you need this step because LineageOS 15.1 do not have implemented right now encryption/decryption support !
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 11:53 AM |#3  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Back To Stock EMUI !
You can switch at any moment from LineageOS to Stock Huawei Firmware EMUI 5.x Android N !

Before take any action by installing the new TWRP-3.3.1-0/LOS 15.1, please make sure you can return back to stock by following the steps below !

From stock EMUI 5.1 you need to keep safe your ROM reference in order to be able to download the proper update.zip for your device !

Quote:

adb shell getprop | grep 'ro.build.display.id'

Quote:

[ro.build.display.id]: [BTV-DL09C100B311]

You should download from here the exact version of your update.zip ( FullOTA-MF ) which match "BTV-DL09C100B311" !

Extract UPDATE.APP from update.zip and put to dload folder created on the root of internal storage !

Please use "dload" method to flash via erecovery /dload/UPDATE.APP !

Warning !!!

What I described above works only if in the download link above you find the version EMUI 5.x Android N to match your "ro.build.display.id" ... but I guess from there you can only download the EMUI 4.x Android MM which are not suitable for our purpose !

So if you really want to successfully return to stock EMUI, make sure you have an update.app EMUI 5.x Android N that can be successfully installed via "dload" method before to switch to LOS 15.1 Android Oreo!

Another possibility would be to perform a full backup in your current configurations( TWRP & Stock EMUI 5.x ), assuming that you are already on EMUI 5.x Android N - before to switch to the new TWRP & LOS 15.1 ! And for restore your full backup, you must reinstall your previously TWRP - wich has capability to restore your encrypted full backup !
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 12:17 PM |#4  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Sim not working !
Why your SIM will not working on Lineage OS ?

Please provide this INFO, and I'll fix your issue on the next Update Of LineageOS.

Thanks !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 12:50 PM |#5  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb Warning !
Please do not install this new custom ROM, if the first three posts are not clear enough to you .

You can start by following this GUIDE with detailed explanations !

Thanks !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
19th April 2020, 01:21 PM |#6  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb Warning !
Please post all unrelated questions to this topic here !

Someone will definitely help you there.

Please post here your feedback, issues or whatever it's related to development with this new custom ROM !

Thank you for the understanding !

EDIT:

Thanks to @ericzollman & @sergio_sant for their tests, the new TWRP 3.3.1-0 & LineageOS 15.1 can be installed on All Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
21st April 2020, 09:47 PM |#7  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Camera Working !!!
Hi !

I just managed to fix Camera ( photo & video recording ) on Lineage OS 15.1 (Android Oreo 8.1) !

For some unknown reason default Snap camera can't save pictures nor video, but we can use Open Camera which working without issues

EDIT :

DRM was already enabled along with LiveDisplay/Reading mode, Prevent accidental wake-up or World/Global Phone Network Type !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 10:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi.

First of all, thank you for this great work.
Your ROM is amazingly stable even it is the very first version.

Today I think I found a somewhat performance issue.
I installed Geekbench 5. Just to check how this machine fast compared to the other APs being used these days.
But the results seem too low. Please check this Geekbench 5 benchmark result page: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1877147
Expected results are: https://browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/371

I'm not an expert for Android development. Just curious
Thanks again!
22nd April 2020, 10:31 AM |#9  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesometic

Hi.

First of all, thank you for this great work.
Your ROM is amazingly stable even it is the very first version.

Today I think I found a somewhat performance issue.
I installed Geekbench 5. Just to check how this machine fast compared to the other APs being used these days.
But the results seem too low. Please check this Geekbench 5 benchmark result page: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1877147
Expected results are: https://browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/371

I'm not an expert for Android development. Just curious
Thanks again!

Thanks !

There is no power management implementation and maybe that's why you got those poor results ! In fact I guess that the whole system run on a lower power configuration right now.

I have not time yet to try to work on increase performance , there is a lot of other important issues that' must be fixed prior.

For the moment I'm glad that it runs smoothly and without any random reboots
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
23rd April 2020, 02:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
headset doesnt work
23rd April 2020, 03:27 PM |#11  
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdhehdv76

headset doesnt work

Thanks, I'll add to Not working list into OP !

Also we have an in house Huawei Bluetooth chip which can't be enabled on Android Oreo, even if it's working well on LOS 14.1 Android Nougat !

It was much easier if it was a BCM like on other Huawei / Honor devices ... I know that a ROM without BT is useless, but I have no clue how can be fix it ... it's been three days since I've only been working on BT fixing, and unfortunately no positive signs so far

OK, I'll try to fix headset issue right in the next update !
The Following User Says Thank You to surdu_petru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift surdu_petru Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)