surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP - 3.3.1-3 For Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10

The new TWRP 3.3.1-3 is required only for Android Q

Officially Supported Devices :

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 : ( code name Bach ) : BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 : ( code name Chopin ) : CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

Instructions :

1. This new TWRP must be installed ONLY on your device running LOS 17.1 with TWRP 3.3.1-0 !
2. flash TWRP recovery using the following command : "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-3.img"
3. reboot to recovery ( please check this info after TWRP was installed - and before take any actions )

Downloads :

twrp-3.3.1-2.img

twrp-3.3.1-3.img

Working/ Not working :

- adb shell & mtp

- wipe, backup & restore

- USB-OTG ( need to reboot device to be able to use USB-OTG )

- install Android 10 ROMs

- install GApps Android 10

- FBE /data decrypt support working !

Source :

kernel source : https://github.com/Huawei-Dev/android_kernel_huawei_bach

Credit :

TeamWin - TWRP

LuK1337 for his help !

Mention :

We need this new update of TWRP 3.3.1-3 in order to be able to install GApps on Android 10 & encrypt/decrypt your device !

There is no reason to update TWRP - if you don' use custom ROMs based Android 10 !

Best regards !

Last edited:

Roswellien

Nov 20, 2007
Can't do anything with TWRP

Some help would be greatly appreciated, I have unlocked my mediapad m3 8.0 lite, flashed twrp 3.1.1-1 but when booting into twrp it just sits on the flash screen. Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_141622.jpg
    IMG_20200209_141622.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 186

Roswellien

Nov 20, 2007
Please, can you install twrp 3.2.0 ? And check to see if you have the same issue ...

Installed 3.2.0, worked as expected, attempted to directly update to 3.3.1-1, issue returned. Went back to 3.2.0, worked again, flashed 3.3.1-0, issue came back. At a loss at this point. Is there something I am missing here?

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Installed 3.2.0, worked as expected, attempted to directly update to 3.3.1-1, issue returned. Went back to 3.2.0, worked again, flashed 3.3.1-0, issue came back. At a loss at this point. Is there something I am missing here?

Yes, only 3.2.0 it's working with stock Huawei Rom. If you want to use the new twrp, please install LOS 16.0 in twrp 3.2.0 and from now you can update twrp without issues.

Roswellien

Nov 20, 2007
No luck.

Yes, only 3.2.0 it's working with stock Huawei Rom. If you want to use the new twrp, please install LOS 16.0 in twrp 3.2.0 and from now you can update twrp without issues.

Got 3.2.0 installed and working. Wiped and flashed LOS 16.0, stuck in boot loop. Repeated and boot loop again. I've never had this many problems flashing ROMs before. And like an idiot I was in such a rush I didn't backup first. Gonna see if I can sideload a different room and get it running.

When I use the wipe in 3.2.0 there's a whole bunch of things in /data it fails to wipe saying access denied. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Got 3.2.0 installed and working. Wiped and flashed LOS 16.0, stuck in boot loop. Repeated and boot loop again. I've never had this many problems flashing ROMs before. And like an idiot I was in such a rush I didn't backup first. Gonna see if I can sideload a different room and get it running.

When I use the wipe in 3.2.0 there's a whole bunch of things in /data it fails to wipe saying access denied. Any ideas?

Strike that. Did the wipe again when I got home. Didn't error out, flashed again and booted fine. Looks like I'm all good! Thanks everyone!

Reactions: pasha4ur

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Update to 3.3.1-2 !

Hello !

There is a new update of TWRP to 3.3.1-2 !

Only minor updated, including new kernel for Android 10 & syncing with the last code source of TWRP to improve stability :)

Also was fixed FBE encryption !

Last edited:

pasha4ur

Jun 6, 2012
pasha4ur.org.ua
Because your manual is useless I tried google and found Multi-Tool 8. I flashed img through it. If I tried load in TWRP device is stuck on this screen and nothing more

IMG_20200321_203311.jpg

@surdu_petru, if you want donations then write usable manuals for real life regular people.

Yesterday I got unknown device and installed TWRP & Custom in 10 ninutes. Your manuals are not help at all. I spent hour+ and get nothing.

Looks like my device boots everytime in this TWRP now.

I donated your work even without using it. But no I'm so disappointed (

I made same with twrp_3.2.0-0. It works. Again 3.3.1-2 - nothing. Add notice about stock firmware to 1st message in topic. Time is killed (

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_203311.jpg
    IMG_20200321_203311.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Because your manual is useless I tried google and found Multi-Tool 8. I flashed img through it. If I tried load in TWRP device is stuck on this screen and nothing more

IMG_20200321_203311.jpg

@surdu_petru, if you want donations then write usable manuals for real life regular people.

Yesterday I got unknown device and installed TWRP & Custom in 10 ninutes. Your manuals are not help at all. I spent hour+ and get nothing.

Looks like my device boots everytime in this TWRP now.

I donated your work even without using it. But no I'm so disappointed (

I made same with twrp_3.2.0-0. It works. Again 3.3.1-2 - nothing. Add notice about stock firmware to 1st message in topic. Time is killed (

Hello !

Please do not panic ... the problem is that you didn't read everything or maybe you didn't understand everything like it should !

So, your device is still in Android N, because you are on stock ... so you need to use ONLY TWRP 3.2.0.0 !

Now, if you want to use LOS , you need to flash LOS 16.0 on this TWRP 3.2.0, and after that you are able to update TWRP/LOS as you like !

Good luck !

Warning !

Please be very carefully before to flash LOS 16.0 into TWRP 3.2.0 because there is no viable solutions to return to Huawei Stock Firmware !

Photo camera still not working and also the battery does not seem to hold as much as in stock ( maybe you can read some feedback of other users on LOS 17.1 or Pixel Experience) ... if these are not an impediment to you, than you can start format data into twrp-3.2.0 in order to decrypt /data, reboot device into twrp from twrp in order to be able to use data as twrp already recommend and flash LOS 16.0 ! Later you can update TWRP to the last version and install some Android 10 Custom ROMs !

If you want after all this to return to stock, then this is a problem because I already tried without success ... so, that's why this "warning!"

Last edited:

pasha4ur

Jun 6, 2012
pasha4ur.org.ua
So, your device is still in Android N, because you are on stock ... so you need to use ONLY TWRP 3.2.0.0 !
Please be very carefully before to flash LOS 16.0 into TWRP 3.2.0 because there is no viable solutions to return to Huawei Stock Firmware !

You should write this in 1st message in topic. Not on 2nd page.

Don't worry. My device is already dead in bootloop.

I will look for a service center or buy a new tablet after removing the quarantine in my country.

Great job! (

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
You should write this in 1st message in topic. Not on 2nd page.

Don't worry. My device is already dead in bootloop.

I will look for a service center or buy a new tablet after removing the quarantine in my country.

Great job! (

How is already dead ?? I see that you have installed LOS17.1, right ? ... So, I guess you re device it's ok !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Fix Data Partition Size !!!

Hello !

I will explain here how the partition /data should be resized in order to be able to Encrypt device on any custom ROM based Android 10 !

From the total of data size, we need to reserve 32768 bytes for encryption stuff.

First, your device should be running Android 10 with TWRP 3.3.1-2 installed ( if you are here, I guess this is already done - what follows is not for Android Pie or for another version of TWRP )

Connect USB cable and type : ( it doesn't matter if you are now on TWRP or a custom ROM based Android 10, btw, make sure you have already enabled "Android debugging" if you're not on TWRP )

adb reboot bootloader

You're now on bootloader mode, here only fastboot commands are allowed !

Determine total size of /data partition by typing this command :

fastboot getvar partition-size:userdata

Because there are three versions of data storage size : 16GB, 32GB & 64GB - the response to the above command will vary depending on the capacity of your device !

Something like this you'll see after above command :

partition-size:userdata: 0x5xxxxxxxx
finished. total time: 0.002s

Let's assign a name to this value, to make it easier to explain what to do next:

I'll call "sectors" the value "0x5xxxxxxxx" which means the total size of your data partition !

If you have any questions so far, then it's time to ask for help, before going any further: because we'll perform some operations with "sectors", and you should already understand what "sectors" mean ... basicly it's a value equale with the total size of youre data partition returned by fastboot !

How we actually interpret this generic number "0x5xxxxxxxx" :

The "xxxxxxxx" from "0x5xxxxxxxx" it's a base number 16 ( hexa) - and is made up of digits from 0 to 9 and also from letters from a to f !

This is just a random example in response to the above command :
partition-size:userdata: 0x5fb03abe0
finished. total time: 0.002s

Convert "sectors" from hex to decimal using any converter online hex-to-decimal !

"sectors" it'll be now a number made up of digits from 0 to 9 !

Subtract now from "sectors", 32768 .... something like this : "new_sectors" = "sectors" - 32768

The new sectors "new_sectors" will be smaller by 32768 than the one convert from hex to decimal !

Now, this last value ("new_sectors") must be divided to 512 : "new_new_sectors" = "new_sectors" : 512

Let's go back to the "sectors", so we'll rename "new_new_sectors" to "sectors" , so the final value of "sectors" will be smaller by 32768 than the one convert from hex to decimal and also divided to 512 !

Finally, we can summarize all the above operations to this one :
"sectors" = (hex-to-dec(0x5xxxxxxxx) - 32768) : 512

As soon as you have the final value and everything went clarity, we need to format data under twrp with this final value of "sectors" !

Reboot device from bootloader mode :

Reboot device to TWRP :

Warning : all data will be lose because we need to format /data :

In order to reformat data Unmount data & type those commands :

Unmount data : check "Mount" & under "Select Partitions to Mount:" deselect/uncheck "Data" !

adb shell
mkfs.f2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p62 "sectors"

Instead "sectors" you"ll must introduce the value of "sectors" which is a number made up of digits from 0 to 9 !

Reboot your device again to TWRP in order to be able to use /data !

That's ALL ... you can now install the new TWRP 3.3.1-3 ( please check OP for download ) with /data decrypt support and also the new LOS 17.1 ( released ) where you'll be able to Encrypt tablet without issues !

Warning :

Starting from now you should never format data again into TWRP in this way : Wipe -> Format Data !
This operation will remove "data" encrypt/decrypt support and your device will not be able to be encrypted under any custom ROMs Android 10 !

Last edited:

STMSHD37

Apr 16, 2017
Yokohama
Some help would be greatly appreciated, I have unlocked my mediapad m3 8.0 lite, flashed twrp 3.1.1-1 but when booting into twrp it just sits on the flash screen. Any help?

The same thing's happened to me, but "twrp_3.2.0-0.img" worked on my device but the app does not recognize the recovery image (PixelExperience-10.0-HuaweiMediaPadM3Lite_2020-03-15.zip) which I copied it onto external SD card such as /sdcard/download folder.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 : ( code name Bach ) : BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 : ( code name Chopin ) : CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

Instructions :

1. unlock bootloader
3. unlock OEM on Developer options
3. enter on bootloader mode :
( switch off your device then keep pressed volume down key when plug to USB cable )
4. flash TWRP recovery using the following command : "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-3.img"
5. reboot to recovery ( please check this info after TWRP was installed - and before take any actions )

Downloads :

twrp-3.3.1-2.img

twrp-3.3.1-3.img

Working/ Not working :

- adb shell & mtp

- wipe, backup & restore

Source :

Credit :

TeamWin - TWRP

LuK1337 for his help !

Mention :

We need this new update of TWRP 3.3.1-3 in order to be able to install GApps on Android 10 & encrypt/decrypt your device !

There is no reason to update TWRP - if you don' use custom ROMs based Android 10 !

Best regards !

I cannot flash PixelExperience-10.0-HuaweiMediaPadM3Lite_2020-03-15.zip by TWRP 3.2.0.0. Do I need to flash LOS16.0 onto my device first and then update TWRP to 3.3.1.3 and then flash PixelExperience-10.0-HuaweiMediaPadM3Lite_2020-03-15.zip???

mc_simon88

Jul 9, 2012
Hi guys i have no idea where i went wrong. When flashing TWRP, this message always comes up: "necessary to unlock frp! Navigate to settings> developer op)". Can you help me??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions :

1. This new TWRP must be installed ONLY on your device running LOS 17.1 with TWRP 3.3.1-0 !
    2. flash TWRP recovery using the following command : "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-3.img"
    3. reboot to recovery ( please check this info after TWRP was installed - and before take any actions )

Downloads :

twrp-3.3.1-2.img

twrp-3.3.1-3.img

Working/ Not working :

- adb shell & mtp

- wipe, backup & restore

Source :

Credit :

TeamWin - TWRP

LuK1337 for his help !

Mention :

Best regards !
    Reserved

*** reserved ***

Please, can you install twrp 3.2.0 ? And check to see if you have the same issue ...
    No luck.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Strike that. Did the wipe again when I got home. Didn't error out, flashed again and booted fine. Looks like I'm all good! Thanks everyone!