FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help recovering Soft Bricked M3 BTV-W09?

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Joe3Stix, Junior Member on 11th December 2018, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could use some help...

Long story short, I've soft bricked my Huawei MediaPad M3 BTV-W09. It's never had the bootloader unlocked.

When powered on, I get the EMUI Huawei eRecovery screen with "Download version and recovery", "Reboot", and "Shutdown". Download connects to wifi, says Getting Package info from server, then Getting Package Info Failed.

Volume down and connect to PC via USB gets me into Fastboot and Rescue Mode, but "PHONE Locked" "FRP Unlock".

While connected to the PC, I can get DC-Unlocker to see the tablet:
Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Huawei MediaPad M3

Selected Applications port COM5
Selected Diagnostics port COM5

Found Phone : BTV-W09
Model : Huawei phone in fastboot mode
IMEI : 000000000000000
Serial NR. : 28D6R17A21001877
Firmware : BTV-W09C128B351

MEID:a00000557e25fa
FB LockState: LOCKED
USER LockState: LOCKED
Battery state: 5781mv

I'm not sure what Firmware was originally on this tablet when I received it, but pretty sure it was Android 7, EMUI 5. I did attempt to use DC-Pheonix to push a build (I think the BTV-W09C128B351 it's showing now, but not positive) to it, obviously unsuccessful.

I've attempted to use the SD update method (copy update.app and other files to SD \dload dir, Vol - & Vol + & power) with several firmwares from huawai-firmware.com, no luck.

Any suggestions on how to revive my tablet would be appreciated.

TIA,

-Joe

19th April 2019, 06:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3Stix

Could use some help...

Long story short, I've soft bricked my Huawei MediaPad M3 BTV-W09. It's never had the bootloader unlocked.

When powered on, I get the EMUI Huawei eRecovery screen with "Download version and recovery", "Reboot", and "Shutdown". Download connects to wifi, says Getting Package info from server, then Getting Package Info Failed.

Volume down and connect to PC via USB gets me into Fastboot and Rescue Mode, but "PHONE Locked" "FRP Unlock".

While connected to the PC, I can get DC-Unlocker to see the tablet:
Detecting phone :

selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Huawei MediaPad M3

Selected Applications port COM5
Selected Diagnostics port COM5

Found Phone : BTV-W09
Model : Huawei phone in fastboot mode
IMEI : 000000000000000
Serial NR. : 28D6R17A21001877
Firmware : BTV-W09C128B351

MEID:a00000557e25fa
FB LockState: LOCKED
USER LockState: LOCKED
Battery state: 5781mv

I'm not sure what Firmware was originally on this tablet when I received it, but pretty sure it was Android 7, EMUI 5. I did attempt to use DC-Pheonix to push a build (I think the BTV-W09C128B351 it's showing now, but not positive) to it, obviously unsuccessful.

I've attempted to use the SD update method (copy update.app and other files to SD \dload dir, Vol - & Vol + & power) with several firmwares from huawai-firmware.com, no luck.

Any suggestions on how to revive my tablet would be appreciated.

TIA,

-Joe

Have you tried the HiSuite computer program? I saw some mention of it in some other posts and finally gave it a whirl. There's a system recovery option in there - I haven't used it myself, just noticed it was there.

Just for context: I've been pouring through this forum and googling everything possible. My tablet's been on BTV-W09C128B350 and I've been looking for a way to update it. There's no "Update" button in my settings. Been trying to use Firmware Finder and downloaded B351, tried the reboot/recovery method but that always failed. and I don't see this "send to updater" after I download a firmware package so that must be old notes. But as soon as I hooked up HiSuite, it recognized that I had an update, and took be straight to B351. Not sure if that's bc I had the Update.app in my dload still, but I'm going to keep exploring that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)