FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Media Pad M3 8' add Google Services (install Core GSM Core Package) - solved

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rsoandrew, Junior Member on 24th March 2018, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
There are bits and pieces of this all over XDA (and the web) so I thought I'd just put it here to make it easier.

I purchased a Chinese Huawei Media Pad M3 8' WiFi tablet in March 2018 with the following details.
Model: CPN-W09
Build: CPN-W09C233B066 , CPN-W09C233B067 (updated 8 Apr 2017 with no negative effects)
EMUI 5.1
Android 7.0
Kernel: 3.18.31-gee0501b
I wanted to get google services on this device. This is what finally worked for me.

Startup the tablet. Select USA English, skip Huawei registration and Wifi. Skip cloud services, enable pin, enable fingerprint ID. Get to home screen.
Connect to computer, enable file transfer and drop GSM the gsminstaller apk into your download folder. Install the gsminstaller and after the installer is installed, open it and press the 'one touch installation button'. After that, I installed Google Play service 12.5.20 and Google Play store 9.3.14 both of which I downloaded from apkmirror.com.

I was able to log into my google account and everything seems to be working fine. I even reset the tablet to factory specs to make sure I had the right steps and it looks like the GSM core stayed installed.

Note I got the link to the gsmcore (gsminstaller.apk) from this thread. so thanks.

Also, as I researched this, I stumbled across a couple of other tidbits that I thought I'd put here.
There are some hidden menus you can reach by putting the calculator in landscape mode (so you can see the '(' ')' characters.) and keying in the following combinations.
To get the Product ID enter: ()()1357946()()=
To get the Project Manager (install firmware from SD card, reset etc) aka Manufacture Mode enter: ()()2846579()() =
Hope this helps someone else.

23rd June 2019, 07:19 AM |#2  

More
Hey i just got a Huawei M5 mediapad. When i send the apk to my tablet there is no install button for it. Please help me. I got it from China and i dont have play stores or anything.
24th June 2019, 01:42 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZez390

Hey i just got a Huawei M5 mediapad. When i send the apk to my tablet there is no install button for it. Please help me. I got it from China and i dont have play stores or anything.

Use the Files app to find the APK where you put it on the tablet, double click it and install the APK (app). After it is installed , you'll see the icon in your apps. Click that and then you will see the one-touch install button.

Report back here if it works so other people can find the info for your tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)