Originally Posted by Menrix_AUT
Same problem here. ;(((
I need a way to get an european firmware on my Huawei m3.
Where do i get it , which one is the correct one... what steps do i have do prepare?
It would help if i get a link where i get the correct infos... and downloads.
SORRY: I'm a designer, not a programer
to both of you @Itsmefreddo
You have two options.
1) Since you said you bought it from china I think you might have Hiapp on your tablet.
Then you can just type playstore in search and install it.
2) I hope you have Huawei ID to login
if you don't have Huawei ID then you can register for free from this link
3) once you register. you can download play store from HiApp and install. You are set.
This is more safer method as you are downloading play store from a reliable source. Screenshots attached.
1) open your browser and type www.aptoide.com
2) install the app and there are plenty of stores from where you can download and install apps. ( my store samavb.store.aptoide.com )
3) you can just type in google playstore in search and you can get it this way too.
I would personally recommend method 1 as it coming straight from Huawei and you will not have any compatibility issues.
and for firmware
1) After you install playstore, install an app called "firmware finder" - this is actually used for Huawei phones but I just checked and you can get firmwares for Huawei Mediapad M3 and tablets as well. This is a famous app suggested by other members of XDA so it is safe. (screenshot attached)
2) You just have to open the app after installing and it will automatically identify your model. If your tablet is LTE model then it will identify the firmwares corresponding to it. (screenshot attached)
3) Download the firmware
5) move to dload
6) Switch off the tablet then press volume up and down and power all together and then wait for the tablet to vibrate.
7) After that it will start installing.
But I would sincerely urge you not to do this now and please wait for Android Nougat. Once you get Nougat you will love this tablet even more. Don't do this unless you have problems with your current firmware.
Please remember, that firmware updates always come with the risk. I have enclosed screenshots for better understanding.
Hope this helps