FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mediapad m3 bought from china to U.K. Any advice?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Itsmefreddo, Junior Member on 10th January 2017, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey I ordered an m3 from eBay and it came from China, it has no play store, and is mostly Chinese even with English selected, any advice on what I can do as it's such nice tablet?

11th January 2017, 10:40 AM |#2  

More
Huawei M3 CN (Chinese) version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmefreddo

Hey I ordered an m3 from eBay and it came from China, it has no play store, and is mostly Chinese even with English selected, any advice on what I can do as it's such nice tablet?

Same problem here. ;(((
I need a way to get an european firmware on my Huawei m3.
Where do i get it , which one is the correct one... what steps do i have do prepare?
It would help if i get a link where i get the correct infos... and downloads.

Thank you

SORRY: I'm a designer, not a programer
12th January 2017, 01:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by Menrix_AUT

Same problem here. ;(((
I need a way to get an european firmware on my Huawei m3.
Where do i get it , which one is the correct one... what steps do i have do prepare?
It would help if i get a link where i get the correct infos... and downloads.
Thank you
SORRY: I'm a designer, not a programer

Hi,
to both of you @Itsmefreddo and @Menrix_AUT

You have two options.

Method 1
1) Since you said you bought it from china I think you might have Hiapp on your tablet.
Then you can just type playstore in search and install it.
2) I hope you have Huawei ID to login
if you don't have Huawei ID then you can register for free from this link

3) once you register. you can download play store from HiApp and install. You are set.

This is more safer method as you are downloading play store from a reliable source. Screenshots attached.

Method 2
1) open your browser and type www.aptoide.com
2) install the app and there are plenty of stores from where you can download and install apps. ( my store samavb.store.aptoide.com )
3) you can just type in google playstore in search and you can get it this way too.

I would personally recommend method 1 as it coming straight from Huawei and you will not have any compatibility issues.

and for firmware
1) After you install playstore, install an app called "firmware finder" - this is actually used for Huawei phones but I just checked and you can get firmwares for Huawei Mediapad M3 and tablets as well. This is a famous app suggested by other members of XDA so it is safe. (screenshot attached)
2) You just have to open the app after installing and it will automatically identify your model. If your tablet is LTE model then it will identify the firmwares corresponding to it. (screenshot attached)
3) Download the firmware
4) unpack
5) move to dload
6) Switch off the tablet then press volume up and down and power all together and then wait for the tablet to vibrate.
7) After that it will start installing.

But I would sincerely urge you not to do this now and please wait for Android Nougat. Once you get Nougat you will love this tablet even more. Don't do this unless you have problems with your current firmware.

Please remember, that firmware updates always come with the risk. I have enclosed screenshots for better understanding.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
👍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-11-18-21-11.png
Views:	1642
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	4000238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-11-18-32-17.png
Views:	1654
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	4000239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170111-185510.jpg
Views:	1626
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	4000254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170111-185608.jpg
Views:	1420
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	4000255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170111-185543.jpg
Views:	1326
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	4000256  
The Following User Says Thank You to Samavb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samavb Ad-Free
12th January 2017, 07:11 AM |#4  

More
thank you very much. for now this worked so well... and I will wait for Nougat
14th January 2017, 03:57 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
No neeed to do so
I bought my M3 from LightIntheBox.com, and they send it directly from China so they Sent me the Chinese Model with No Google Play Store Either.
I just installed the Google Play Store APK and now I have an official working Google Play Store.

http://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/g...sion-download/
-
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...le-play-store/

You can Download it Here.
17th January 2017, 01:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I have also installed the 2017 firmware in Mediapad m3 with the Firmware Finder App, I did a full firmware rather than OTA and it Works perfect. But the Firmware it is still the Chinese version so you have to install the Google Play Store APK either way. But I have now the latest 2017 firmware installed in my M3
14th September 2017, 01:17 PM |#7  

More
China version
Hi, I bought mine on a recent trip to China, easy enough to get play store installed and change the language over with the exception of the hiboard, this insists on keeping me in China and there is no way to change the region so all the news etc is all in Mandarin. If i update the firmware to the EU version for BTV-W09 will it update it or brick it?
16th September 2017, 05:46 PM |#8  

More
China Version
Hey Lads,

Just got the M3 from China as well and I was wondering if I could flash a global rom in any way so that everything is in english and I can get all google services! Btw is Nougat out already? I am very new to all of this and if you could give a step by step guide i would sincerely appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!!!
19th September 2017, 03:20 AM |#9  

More
@JTal yo bro did you manage to find a workaround and flash C100 onto the Chinese C233??
8th May 2018, 10:14 PM |#10  

More
how do you know which firmware is the UK version and has no chinese in it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)