FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Updating M3 from B350 to latest fw

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By richyg81, Member on 27th September 2018, 01:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My situation is having a C100 MediaPad M3 which I "rebranded" to C128 in order to upgrade earlier to Nougat (here's the full guide I followed) which also included rooting and TWRP custom recovery.

I would ideally like to:

update from B350 to B356 on current C128 (USA) line of updates

OR

rebrand back to C100 (EU) and update to B307 (although I suspect this route will involve downgrading again which is not really ideal).

I have backed up my device with TWRP. My settings app has no system update and my OS build number is "NRDM90M test-keys", which I guess means it's not a general release version.

Anyway, I have a few questions before attempting to update:

1. will updating wipe my data i.e. factory reset?
2. what is the difference between OTA and fullOTA, and does it matter which I flash?
3. will the update work with just the most recent fw (B356), or do I need to flash each update since my fw version (B351, B352, B355 & B356?)
4. do I need to flash all three zip files for each fw?
5. will HuRUpdater be able to update this device and is it a preferable method nowadays?

Thanks

Screenshot of HFF for reference

 
 
19th November 2018, 01:59 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
*bump*
19th November 2018, 09:06 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richyg81

My situation is having a C100 MediaPad M3 which I "rebranded" to C128 in order to upgrade earlier to Nougat

Bad idea!

Quote:

1. will updating wipe my data i.e. factory reset?

Maybe. It's depends... It's a thing specific to the firmware version you are flashing.

Quote:

2. what is the difference between OTA and fullOTA, and does it matter which I flash?

Search the forum or the internet, this question is responded 1000 time a day

Quote:

3. will the update work with just the most recent fw (B356), or do I need to flash each update since my fw version (B351, B352, B355 & B356?)

This follow from question 2!

Quote:

4. do I need to flash all three zip files for each fw?

Of course, these are "parts" of a ROM.

Quote:

5. will HuRUpdater be able to update this device and is it a preferable method nowadays?

Some people (me too) reported that software working well with this device.
N
21st November 2018, 11:34 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I had been waiting for a while, so thank you for replying @nicolap8.

I'm thinking after a few Google searches that fullOTA is the way to go here and applying each incremental update to my ROM version.

I will also give HuRUpdater a go and see what happens. I'm not planning to do this anytime soon, but I'll update here with my results as and when something happens.
22nd November 2018, 05:43 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richyg81

I'm thinking after a few Google searches that fullOTA is the way to go here and applying each incremental update to my ROM version.

Nonsense: use last Full (311) and you don't need anything else.
2nd December 2018, 06:04 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolap8

Nonsense: use last Full (311) and you don't need anything else.

OT sorry: nicolap8 what TWRP do you install? for me the 311 does not start. Could you provide a link?
2nd December 2018, 07:05 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbo2015

OT sorry: nicolap8 what TWRP do you install? for me the 311 does not start. Could you provide a link?

I'm on 310 and the only TWRP existing here is working.
It surprise me that doesn't work on 311.
12th January 2019, 03:27 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolap8

Nonsense: use last Full (311) and you don't need anything else.

Are you sure this is correct? Remember I'm on a "rebranded" C100 device, with 350 (C128) installed, so the latest for me now appears to be 356.

The latest for BTV-W09C100 on HFF appears to be 308! Where are you guys getting 311 from?
12th January 2019, 03:59 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richyg81

Are you sure this is correct? Remember I'm on a "rebranded" C100 device, with 350 (C128) installed, so the latest for me now appears to be 356.

The latest for BTV-W09C100 on HFF appears to be 308! Where are you guys getting 311 from?

This is the reason to write ever the FULL firmware version
I'm on BTV-DL09C100B311. Updated using HuRUpdater with FULL version downloaded through Firmware Finder for Huawei (all 3 parts).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes