The official Huawei bootloader unlock program has been shut down! This guide describes how to use DC-Unlocker which will cost you about $5 USD. I am NOT affiliated with DC Unlocker in any way!!. This is simply the cheapest and easiest method I could find...
I have only tested this method on BTV-W09 running Android 7 and EMUI 5.0.3.,
If you have a BTV-DL09 device, please reply and let me know how everything goes...
You need ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.
This will FACTORY RESET your tablet!!! and as always: Don't blame me for Bricks & FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
0. Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in developer options.-Flash Greatslon TWRP-
1. Download DC Unlocker and extract it on your PC.
2. Open the program and choose 'Huawei phone' under manufacturer and 'Auto detect' under model.
3. Plug your device into your PC and put it into 'manufacturer mode'.3.1 Open the Calculator app in LANDSCAPE mode4. Click the search button in DC Unlocker and make sure your tablet is detected.
3.2 Enter this code: ()()2846579()()=
3.3 Tap on 'Project Menu' - 'Background settings' - 'USB ports settings' - 'Manufacture mode'.
5. Click on 'Buy Credits' under the About section.
6. Use the website to buy 4 credits for a new account.
7. Click on 'Server' in DC Unlocker and log in using info obtained in step 6.
8. Once your logged in click 'Unlocking' then select 'Read Bootloader Code'
9. Wait until your code is displayed then copy and save the code.
10. Turn off manufacturer mode.
11. Open a CMD Prompt and type the following commands.
12. Wait... your device should now reboot and do a Factory Reset...Code:adb devices //make sure your device is listed. adb reboot-bootloader //Wait for your device to reboot (white screen) fastboot oem unlock XXXXXXXXXX //replace XXXX with your code
13. After reset, boot your device and go through android setup.
Congrats your bootloader in now unlocked.
0. Download TWRP for your device.-Root Device-
TWRP - BTV-W09 EMUI 5 (This is the only Model & Version I have tested)
TWRP - BTV-W09 EMUI 4
TWRP - BTV-DL09 EMUI 5
TWRP - BTV-DL09 EMUI 4
1. Enable USB Debugging
2. Plug your device into your PC.
3. Open a CMD prompt in the same folder as TWRP image.
4. Enter the following commands.
5. Completely shut down your device and unplug any USB cables. (some devices have problems booting TWRP when a USB cable connected)Code:adb devices //make sure device is listed adb reboot bootloader //wait for device to reboot fastboot devices //make sure device is listed fastboot flash recovery XXXXXX //replace xxxx with your TWRP file name
6. Boot into recovery (PWR+VolUP).
Congrats You have flashed TWRP.
0. Download the latest Magisk release.
1. Download Magisk Manager APK file.
2. Open a CMD prompt in the same folder as files
3. Type the following commands
4. Install Magisk | 'Install' -> Select: Magisk zip -> Swipe to confirm.Code:adb devices //make sure your device is listed adb push Magisk-v20.4.zip sdcard/ //change name if needed adb push MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk sdcard/ //change name if needed adb reboot recovery //wait for device to reboot
5. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
6. Reboot to Android.
7. Install Magisk Manager to confirm root..
Congrats your device is now Unlocked and Rooted running a custom Recovery.
LienageOS 15.1 now available on this device., Visit the following thread for my install guide.
[GUIDE]-[ROM][8.1][LineageOS 15.1 - Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4][BTV-W09, BTV-DL09]