FORUMS

[GUIDE]-[ROM][8.1][LineageOS 15.1 - Huawei Mediapad M3 8.4][BTV-W09, BTV-DL09]

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By ericzollman, Junior Member on 21st April 2020, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
guide logo
Special Thanks to: Surdu_Petru for developing this ROM and the new TWRP recovery. Visit his original threads below..
[ROM][8.1][WIP][ LineageOS 8.1 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ]
LineageOS / AOSP For M3 8.4, Kirin 950 !

You need to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.

Your device must have the Bootloader Unlocked and have TWRP installed! If you haven't done this already please visit my other post.
[GUIDE]-[Unlock Bootloader+TWRP+Root] Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 [BTV-W09, BTV-DL09]

This will WIPE ALL DATA from your device!!! Please make a backup via TWRP BEFORE you continue., Make sure to include BOOT, SYSTEM, DATA and VENDOR partitions. Save the backup to an external SDcard or your PC... and as always: Don't blame me for Bricks & FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Make your original backup using the Greatslon TWRP 3.0.3 because it supports encryption.
You will also need to use the Greatslon TWRP to restore the backup if you decide to go back to Stock.

-Backup to External SDcard-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.
1. Backup Your Data. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor -> Select Storage: Micro SD Card -> OK -> Swipe to Backup
2. Wait for backup to finish
3. Reboot device.
OR
-Backup to PC-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.
1. Select Partitions. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor.
2. Plug your device into your PC.
3. Open a cmd prompt in the folder you want to save your backup in.
4. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
Code:
adb devices
//Make sure your device is listed

adb backup --twrp  
//swipe to unlock TWRP if screen is off
5. Wait for Backup to finish.
6. Check PC folder to make sure it copied the data.
Now your ready to start!

-Flash TWRP 3.3.1-
0. Download TWRP 3.3.1-0
1. Plug you device into your PC.
2. Open a cmd prompt in the same folder as twrp image.
3. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
Code:
adb devices
//make sure your device is listed.

adb reboot bootloader
//wait for device to reboot.

fastboot devices
//make sure your device is listed.

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0.img
//wait for flash to complete.
4. Shut down device
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP) to confirm install.

Congrats You've updated to TWRP 3.3.1
-Flash LineageOS + Optional Root-
0. Download LineageOS 15.1 zip file
1. Download OpenGapps ARM64 8.1 Pico
2. Download W09 Boot Image (For BTV-W09 ONLY!)
3. Download the Latest Magisk Release (Optional for Root)
4. Download Magisk Manager APK (Optional for Root)
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP).
6. Format DATA. | 'Wipe' -> 'Format Data' -> Type: YES -> Touch Enter...
7. Reboot TWRP. | 'Reboot' -> 'Recovery'...
8. Wipe Vendor + System. | 'Wipe' -> 'Advanced Wipe' -> Select: System + Vendor -> Swipe to wipe...
9. Factory Reset. | 'Wipe' -> Swipe to Factory Reset...
10. Plug device into your PC
11. Open a cmd prompt in the folder where you downloaded files.
12. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
Code:
adb devices
//make sure your device is listed.

adb push lineage-15.1.0-btv_v1.zip sdcard/
//wait for file to copy

adb push open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20200418.zip sdcard/
//change if your file is named different

adb push boot_btv-w09_v1.img sdcard/
//Only for BTV-W09!

adb push Magisk-v20.4.zip sdcard/
// (Optional for Root)

adb push MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk sdcard/
// (Optional for Root)
11. Install LineageOS + Gapps. | 'Install' -> Select: lineage zip -> 'Add More Zips' -> Select: Gapps zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash...
12. (Only for BTV-W09) Install Boot Image. | 'Install' -> 'Install Image' -> Select: w09 Image -> Select: Boot Partition -> Swipe to Flash...
13. (Optional Root) Install Magisk. | 'Install' -> Select: Magisk zip -> Swipe to confirm flash...
14. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
15. Reboot System...
16. (Optional Root) Install Magisk Manager to confirm root...

Congrats! Your device should now be Unlocked and Rooted, running TWRP 3.3.1 and LineageOS 15.1
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ericzollman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ericzollman Ad-Free
21st April 2020, 10:33 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
LOS 15.1 on M3
Hi. First I want to thank @surdu_petru for his amazing work. Now my Mediapad M3 (BTV-DL09) is powered by LineageOS 15.1 with Magisk. Works very well. Smooth and responsible. Using it couple hours and haven't notice any reboots or freezes.
I miss only bluetooth. Without it I cannot use Denon Heos App for my speaker.
Lack of camera is not an issue for me.

After adding BT full support this ROM may be the best for this (forgotten by Huawei) device. THX
22nd April 2020, 12:32 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajniakos

Hi. First I want to thank @surdu_petru for his amazing work. Now my Mediapad M3 (BTV-DL09) is powered by LineageOS 15.1 with Magisk. Works very well. Smooth and responsible. Using it couple hours and haven't notice any reboots or freezes.
I miss only bluetooth. Without it I cannot use Denon Heos App for my speaker.
Lack of camera is not an issue for me.

After adding BT full support this ROM may be the best for this (forgotten by Huawei) device. THX

surdu_petru just got camera working on the ROM and is continuing to make progress in other areas as well., Subscribe to his original threads to stay up to date., I believe he is also planning to make a PIE ROM for the device as well Thanks for the reply...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ericzollman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ericzollman Ad-Free
11th May 2020, 02:17 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzollman

guide logo

Special Thanks to: Surdu_Petru for developing this ROM and the new TWRP recovery. Visit his original threads below..
[ROM][8.1][WIP][ LineageOS 8.1 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ]
LineageOS / AOSP For M3 8.4, Kirin 950 !

You need to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.

Your device must have the Bootloader Unlocked and have TWRP installed! If you haven't done this already please visit my other post.
[GUIDE]-[Unlock Bootloader+TWRP+Root] Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 [BTV-W09, BTV-DL09]

This will WIPE ALL DATA from your device!!! Please make a backup via TWRP BEFORE you continue., Make sure to include BOOT, SYSTEM, DATA and VENDOR partitions. Save the backup to an external SDcard or your PC... and as always: Don't blame me for Bricks & FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Make your original backup using the Greatslon TWRP 3.0.3 because it supports encryption.
You will also need to use the Greatslon TWRP to restore the backup if you decide to go back to Stock.

-Backup to External SDcard-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.
1. Backup Your Data. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor -> Select Storage: Micro SD Card -> OK -> Swipe to Backup
2. Wait for backup to finish
3. Reboot device.
OR
-Backup to PC-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.
1. Select Partitions. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor.
2. Plug your device into your PC.
3. Open a cmd prompt in the folder you want to save your backup in.
4. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
Code:
adb devices
//Make sure your device is listed

adb backup --twrp  
//swipe to unlock TWRP if screen is off
5. Wait for Backup to finish.
6. Check PC folder to make sure it copied the data.
Now your ready to start!

-Flash TWRP 3.3.1-
0. Download TWRP 3.3.1-0
1. Plug you device into your PC.
2. Open a cmd prompt in the same folder as twrp image.
3. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
Code:
adb devices
//make sure your device is listed.

adb reboot bootloader
//wait for device to reboot.

fastboot devices
//make sure your device is listed.

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0.img
//wait for flash to complete.
4. Shut down device
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP) to confirm install.

Congrats You've updated to TWRP 3.3.1
-Flash LineageOS + Optional Root-
0. Download LineageOS 15.1 zip file
1. Download OpenGapps ARM64 8.1 Pico
2. Download W09 Boot Image (For BTV-W09 ONLY!)
3. Download the Latest Magisk Release (Optional for Root)
4. Download Magisk Manager APK (Optional for Root)
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP).
6. Format DATA. | 'Wipe' -> 'Format Data' -> Type: YES -> Touch Enter...
7. Reboot TWRP. | 'Reboot' -> 'Recovery'...
8. Wipe Vendor + System. | 'Wipe' -> 'Advanced Wipe' -> Select: System + Vendor -> Swipe to wipe...
9. Factory Reset. | 'Wipe' -> Swipe to Factory Reset...
10. Plug device into your PC
11. Open a cmd prompt in the folder where you downloaded files.
12. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
Code:
adb devices
//make sure your device is listed.

adb push lineage-15.1.0-btv_v1.zip sdcard/
//wait for file to copy

adb push open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20200418.zip sdcard/
//change if your file is named different

adb push boot_btv-w09_v1.img sdcard/
//Only for BTV-W09!

adb push Magisk-v20.4.zip sdcard/
// (Optional for Root)

adb push MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk sdcard/
// (Optional for Root)
11. Install LineageOS + Gapps. | 'Install' -> Select: lineage zip -> 'Add More Zips' -> Select: Gapps zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash...
12. (Only for BTV-W09) Install Boot Image. | 'Install' -> 'Install Image' -> Select: w09 Image -> Select: Boot Partition -> Swipe to Flash...
13. (Optional Root) Install Magisk. | 'Install' -> Select: Magisk zip -> Swipe to confirm flash...
14. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
15. Reboot System...
16. (Optional Root) Install Magisk Manager to confirm root...

Congrats! Your device should now be Unlocked and Rooted, running TWRP 3.3.1 and LineageOS 15.1

Hi! could you check the links??? MEGA says the file is not found
Thank you for all

regards
26th May 2020, 01:08 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoo19

Special Thanks to: Surdu_Petru for developing this ROM and the new TWRP recovery. Visit his original threads below..
[ROM][8.1][WIP][ LineageOS 8.1 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ]
LineageOS / AOSP For M3 8.4, Kirin 950 !

You need to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.

Your device must have the Bootloader Unlocked and have TWRP installed! If you haven't done this already please visit my other post.
[GUIDE]-[Unlock Bootloader+TWRP+Root] Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 [BTV-W09, BTV-DL09]

This will WIPE ALL DATA from your device!!! Please make a backup via TWRP BEFORE you continue., Make sure to include BOOT, SYSTEM, DATA and VENDOR partitions. Save the backup to an external SDcard or your PC... and as always: Don't blame me for Bricks & FOLLOW THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Make your original backup using the Greatslon TWRP 3.0.3 because it supports encryption.
You will also need to use the Greatslon TWRP to restore the backup if you decide to go back to Stock.
-Backup to External SDcard-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.
1. Backup Your Data. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor -> Select Storage: Micro SD Card -> OK -> Swipe to Backup
2. Wait for backup to finish
3. Reboot device.
OR
-Backup to PC-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.
1. Select Partitions. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor.
2. Plug your device into your PC.
3. Open a cmd prompt in the folder you want to save your backup in.
4. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)

5. Wait for Backup to finish.
6. Check PC folder to make sure it copied the data.


Now your ready to start!

-Flash TWRP 3.3.1-
0. Download TWRP 3.3.1-0
1. Plug you device into your PC.
2. Open a cmd prompt in the same folder as twrp image.
3. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)

4. Shut down device
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP) to confirm install.

Congrats You've updated to TWRP 3.3.1
-Flash LineageOS + Optional Root-
0. Download LineageOS 15.1 zip file
1. Download OpenGapps ARM64 8.1 Pico
2. Download W09 Boot Image (For BTV-W09 ONLY!)
3. Download the Latest Magisk Release (Optional for Root)
4. Download Magisk Manager APK (Optional for Root)
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP).
6. Format DATA. | 'Wipe' -> 'Format Data' -> Type: YES -> Touch Enter...
7. Reboot TWRP. | 'Reboot' -> 'Recovery'...
8. Wipe Vendor + System. | 'Wipe' -> 'Advanced Wipe' -> Select: System + Vendor -> Swipe to wipe...
9. Factory Reset. | 'Wipe' -> Swipe to Factory Reset...
10. Plug device into your PC
11. Open a cmd prompt in the folder where you downloaded files.
12. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)


Hi! could you check the links??? MEGA says the file is not found
Thank you for all

regards


Hello First of all thank you for making this custom rom! I have installed it on my BTV-W09 model and beside the Bluetooth it is just working fine..... But I have an issue with permissions. File managers, galleries etc are denied when trying to access internal storage. Did I miss a step in installing or is this a known issue ? Thanks
26th May 2020, 05:19 PM |#6  
surdu_petru's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 21,605
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakoo19

Hi! could you check the links??? MEGA says the file is not found
Thank you for all

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARIGNAN72

Hello First of all thank you for making this custom rom! I have installed it on my BTV-W09 model and beside the Bluetooth it is just working fine..... But I have an issue with permissions. File managers, galleries etc are denied when trying to access internal storage. Did I miss a step in installing or is this a known issue ? Thanks

Please, check the official thread of LOS 15.1, this thread it's here only for INFO ... and the OP it's not the developer of this custom ROM ! Thanks !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes