Special Thanks to: Surdu_Petru for developing this ROM and the new TWRP recovery. Visit his original threads below..
[ROM][8.1][WIP][ LineageOS 8.1 For Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 ]
LineageOS / AOSP For M3 8.4, Kirin 950 !
You need to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC.
Your device must have the Bootloader Unlocked and have TWRP installed! If you haven't done this already please visit my other post.
[GUIDE]-[Unlock Bootloader+TWRP+Root] Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4 [BTV-W09, BTV-DL09]
Make your original backup using the Greatslon TWRP 3.0.3 because it supports encryption.
You will also need to use the Greatslon TWRP to restore the backup if you decide to go back to Stock.
-Backup to External SDcard-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.OR
1. Backup Your Data. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor -> Select Storage: Micro SD Card -> OK -> Swipe to Backup
2. Wait for backup to finish
3. Reboot device.
-Backup to PC-
0. Boot your device into TWRP. Pwr+VolUP.Now your ready to start!
1. Select Partitions. | Backup -> Check Boot, Data, System, Vendor.
2. Plug your device into your PC.
3. Open a cmd prompt in the folder you want to save your backup in.
4. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
5. Wait for Backup to finish.Code:adb devices //Make sure your device is listed adb backup --twrp //swipe to unlock TWRP if screen is off
6. Check PC folder to make sure it copied the data.
-Flash TWRP 3.3.1-
0. Download TWRP 3.3.1-0-Flash LineageOS + Optional Root-
1. Plug you device into your PC.
2. Open a cmd prompt in the same folder as twrp image.
3. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
4. Shut down deviceCode:adb devices //make sure your device is listed. adb reboot bootloader //wait for device to reboot. fastboot devices //make sure your device is listed. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0.img //wait for flash to complete.
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP) to confirm install.
Congrats You've updated to TWRP 3.3.1
0. Download LineageOS 15.1 zip file
1. Download OpenGapps ARM64 8.1 Pico
2. Download W09 Boot Image (For BTV-W09 ONLY!)
3. Download the Latest Magisk Release (Optional for Root)
4. Download Magisk Manager APK (Optional for Root)
5. Boot into recovery (Pwr+VolUP).
6. Format DATA. | 'Wipe' -> 'Format Data' -> Type: YES -> Touch Enter...
7. Reboot TWRP. | 'Reboot' -> 'Recovery'...
8. Wipe Vendor + System. | 'Wipe' -> 'Advanced Wipe' -> Select: System + Vendor -> Swipe to wipe...
9. Factory Reset. | 'Wipe' -> Swipe to Factory Reset...
10. Plug device into your PC
11. Open a cmd prompt in the folder where you downloaded files.
12. Type the following commands. (Lines with // are comments only)
11. Install LineageOS + Gapps. | 'Install' -> Select: lineage zip -> 'Add More Zips' -> Select: Gapps zip -> Swipe to confirm Flash...Code:adb devices //make sure your device is listed. adb push lineage-15.1.0-btv_v1.zip sdcard/ //wait for file to copy adb push open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico-20200418.zip sdcard/ //change if your file is named different adb push boot_btv-w09_v1.img sdcard/ //Only for BTV-W09! adb push Magisk-v20.4.zip sdcard/ // (Optional for Root) adb push MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk sdcard/ // (Optional for Root)
12. (Only for BTV-W09) Install Boot Image. | 'Install' -> 'Install Image' -> Select: w09 Image -> Select: Boot Partition -> Swipe to Flash...
13. (Optional Root) Install Magisk. | 'Install' -> Select: Magisk zip -> Swipe to confirm flash...
14. Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
15. Reboot System...
16. (Optional Root) Install Magisk Manager to confirm root...
Congrats! Your device should now be Unlocked and Rooted, running TWRP 3.3.1 and LineageOS 15.1