FORUMS

[KERNEL] BTV-DL09 | Lazy Kernel Development

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Lazing_About, Junior Member on 17th September 2017, 02:14 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
This is a real possibility.

Have managed to compile and sort out some auto build scripts (work to do).

Need to get hold of some TWRP flash-able binaries. Current device state is bootloader locked and unrooted. Waiting for return period to expire........... Hoping current rooted users here can answer a few questions and provide any info so I can progress until I have rooted and personally flashed the kernel.

There are no promises or guarantees here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...53&postcount=6

EDIT: waited a week, now applied for bootloader unlock code, unfortunately I have to wait 14 days after creating Huawei ID............ stupid !! I don't wish to unlock via any other method.

Might lose interest in that time .......... and work probably get in the way.

Don't really wish to move on blindly if it does not flash, nor stable as stock build. I need to flash on my own device first. In the mean time, I'll get my auto build scripts in order and do a little research. Was hoping to unlock and pull running STOCK official 307 boot.img from device. Downloaded the official firmware package from Huawei, but couldn't find any boot.img ......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lazing_About For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lazing_About Ad-Free
18th September 2017, 06:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
We will be very thankful if you could develop a kernel for us. Hopefully you won't lose your interest on it!
19th September 2017, 01:01 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlchan31

We will be very thankful if you could develop a kernel for us. Hopefully you won't lose your interest on it!

What I require is :
  • boot.img partition size. Check /proc/partitions ............. I'm not sure which it is on DL09 device. I don't want to build a boot.img larger than the actual partition. So need a Huawei user to point his out.
  • boot directory. check something like /dev/block/platform/_________/by-name/boot ?
  • Require a stock unmodified boot.img for 307 firmware

As I said, I'm unrooted for the next 14, now 13 days.......... Obtaining the above will assist to finish my build environment, and auto build scripts etc. Then can start on a few commits to fix some build warnings.

Help me to help you

Edit: installed the 'disc info' app, and still no joy to locate the boot.img directory and partition size. Will have to wait another couple weeks unless someone helps out.
29th September 2017, 09:20 PM |#4  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 1,119

More
Hi!
I just downloaded and compiled the nougat kernel source, but the repacked kernel failed to boot. I'm not sure wheather I should make some modifications prior compiling. I have the wifi version with C100B302. Will investigate when I have more time. @Lazing_About are your sources available on github? I'll push mine once I can sort out the issues.

Edit:
The initial huawei sources are already up in case anyone wants to clone or contribute.
https://github.com/TaRsY/android_kernel_huawei_BTV-W09
The Following User Says Thank You to TaRsY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TaRsY Ad-Free
1st October 2017, 04:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaRsY

Hi!
I just downloaded and compiled the nougat kernel source, but the repacked kernel failed to boot. I'm not sure wheather I should make some modifications prior compiling. I have the wifi version with C100B302. Will investigate when I have more time. @Lazing_About are your sources available on github? I'll push mine once I can sort out the issues.

Edit:
The initial huawei sources are already up in case anyone wants to clone or contribute.
https://github.com/TaRsY/android_kernel_huawei_BTV-W09

Unfortunately no one provided what I hoped for so I could continue. I presume lack of interest, so whilst waiting for my 14 days, I have decided to buy a Note 8 (considered OnePlus5) and have spent time developing a private kernel for that. Work commitments have now got in the way with that too. At least I managed to patch to the latest Linux mainstream and quite a few patches too. Haven't yet rooted that either (of flashed). So I'll be out of action for all October afraid. My sources are still private until actual collaboration or public release. No need for anyone pulling / cherry-picking **** that is unstable if I haven't tested (at least method) first. Hopefully I'll have some time next month to take a further look at both projects, and eventually filter that work here
2nd April 2018, 07:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
movie downloader for huawei mediapad M3
27th April 2020, 02:09 PM |#7  
Senior Moderator
Here & There ...
Thanks Meter: 18,204

More
Thread closed at OP request
The Following User Says Thank You to engloa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift engloa Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread