FORUMS

Heavy use endurance

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,094
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Playing Candy Crush for 22 hours straight can take its toll on your battery (and your marriage). Rate this thread to express how the Huawei Mediapad M3's battery performs under heavy use. A higher rating indicates that it lasts a long time even when playing games, streaming video and audio, and doing other CPU-intensive activities.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
8th August 2017, 04:42 PM |#2  
tmihai20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 598
 
Donate to Me
More
Heavy usage always impacts the battery. I get a few hours when I play games and it is good enough for me.
1st March 2018, 06:58 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmihai20

Heavy usage always impacts the battery. I get a few hours when I play games and it is good enough for me.

I have a question.I'm planing to get the m3 10.1 lte.What are u meaning for "heavy usage" ? I will play with games (gameloft) or as syberia so I dont think they are realy heavy (with a note 4 syberia 2 I was able to play with 3-4 hours) but olso streaming tv or divx.At the same time I think to get a SAMSUNG SM-T819 10.1 lte (but not sure with will habe the bettar performance with battery life /streaming .What do u think? Huawei or samsung?
1st March 2018, 09:54 PM |#4  
tmihai20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 598
 
Donate to Me
More
@helen2: I only recommend the 8 inches Mediapad M3. The 10 inches Mediapad (Youth or Lite) have issues with touchscreen and are not as smooth as the 8 inches M3. You could do a lot with the 8 inches ME. It will be easier to carry around, performance is still very good. If you want an alternative, the S2 is not a bad choice. Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus is also quite good. I do not know having a 10 inches tablet is a must. I had a 10 inches tablet in the past and I find 8 inches to be the perfect size for watching anything on it and still small enough to carry around.

Heavy usage means graphical intensive games like Mortal Kombat X, Real Racing 3, shooters and so on.
1st March 2018, 10:19 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
@tmihai20 ok no no i dont llike lenovo .Yes I was thinking to get the m3 8.4 inches but..I must look in the shp I have a note 4 5.5 so maybe 8.4 wll be to small,I think the best is 9.7 that I'm meaning using it as a alternative of a netbook.I will have a loook tomorow in shop if the have the 8.4
Thank's
2nd March 2018, 11:17 AM |#6  
tmihai20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 598
 
Donate to Me
More
@helen2: it is a shame you do not want a Lenovo tablet, because some people I know have returned the M3 in favor of the Tab 4 8 Plus.. It is also recommended all over Reddit as an alternative to M3. I have not used any Samsung tablets, but the model you specified (SAMSUNG SM-T819) is from 2016 and may not get updates past Nougat.

Huawei also announced Mediapad M5, that will have Quick Charge, the only thing missing from the M3. The SoC will be HiSilicon Kirin 960s, not the Kirin 970, it will not have audio jack and it will have a Type C connector. It may be worth waiting for the M5, if you do not mind the missing audio jack.
2nd March 2018, 12:26 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmihai20

@helen2: it is a shame you do not want a Lenovo tablet, because some people I know have returned the M3 in favor of the Tab 4 8 Plus.. It is also recommended all over Reddit as an alternative to M3. I have not used any Samsung tablets, but the model you specified (SAMSUNG SM-T819) is from 2016 and may not get updates past Nougat.

Huawei also announced Mediapad M5, that will have Quick Charge, the only thing missing from the M3. The SoC will be HiSilicon Kirin 960s, not the Kirin 970, it will not have audio jack and it will have a Type C connector. It may be worth waiting for the M5, if you do not mind the missing audio jack.

Crazy decision by Huawei, leaving the Audio Jack out on a tablet.
2nd March 2018, 12:48 PM |#8  
tmihai20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 598
 
Donate to Me
More
@Masteryates: one of the dumbest decisions. But hey, why not force everybody to use the damned adapters, so they can damage their tablets more easily and make them buy new ones? There is absolutely no justification to remove audio jack on a tablet.
2nd March 2018, 03:28 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmihai20

@Masteryates: one of the dumbest decisions. But hey, why not force everybody to use the damned adapters, so they can damage their tablets more easily and make them buy new ones? There is absolutely no justification to remove audio jack on a tablet.

Agreed Tmihai,

In many ways it could be argued that Tablets should have 2 headphone jacks to allow 2 people to watch when your on a train etc. You can get an analogue audio splitter but doubt you can get similar for USB-C.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes