USB OTG? Any dongles that work?

Search This thread

Naffets

Apr 11, 2007
As the M5 Lite uses a USB C port (with USB 2 speeds according to reviews) I'm curious as to whether there is a USB C OTG dongle/hub/dock that works with this device? Has anyone tested this?

If not - I have ordered 3 dongles and a hub to test and will report back. Thought it might be useful for the wider community to be informed, whilst also inquiring myself.

Naffets

Apr 11, 2007
As the M5 Lite uses a USB C port (with USB 2 speeds according to reviews) I'm curious as to whether there is a USB C OTG dongle/hub/dock that works with this device? Has anyone tested this?

If not - I have ordered 3 dongles and a hub to test and will report back. Thought it might be useful for the wider community to be informed, whilst also inquiring myself.

To answer my own question - USB hub works fine, usb dongles also work - it seems the USB C connector is standard from this side of things. I've not tested HDMI out as don't have a HDMI adaptor.

AmnoonNuln

Dec 5, 2019
To answer my own question - USB hub works fine, usb dongles also work - it seems the USB C connector is standard from this side of things. I've not tested HDMI out as don't have a HDMI adaptor.

Hi. Which adapter works for you? I bought one on Amazon usb/sd/hdmi to USB-C and it didn't worked for my Huawei M5 lite 10 but it worked on a Samsung A 2018. Also does the hdmi adapter work, have you tried it? Thanks

Feb 24, 2013
Hello.
I just bought the M5 Lite, seems to work great. For the USB interface, I have a usb hub which works fine with the tablet: it has 3 USB ports, and I am able to simultaneously access a USB drive, as well as use a logitech wireless keyboard dongle allowing use of BOTH wireless keyboard and mouse. However the newest hub which I bought specifically to use with this tablet, a "FitFort" type-C hub pro, does NOT work with this tablet(although it does work with my Xiaomi telephone.) Therefore it seems that this tablet and hub are incompatible... The Fitfort hub power light does not even light up when plugged into the M5 Lite...This is dissapointing since the Fitfort Hub has an HDMI port which was the main feature I wanted to try out. I have researched HDMI output for the M5 Lite but have not yet found anyone claiming the HDMI output will work from the M5 Lite. By the way, although this Fitfort hub works fine with my Xiaomi phone(for UDB drives and dongles), the HDMI port does not work for this Xiaomi phone.
As for M5 Lite HDMI output, anyone having success with this please post info. Thanks