FORUMS

Video output

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Bladefs, Junior Member on 21st April 2018, 03:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi I intend to get one of the M5 Pr's but I have one question before doing that.
I come from a NVidia Shield K1 and so I'm used to have the Tab connected via HDMI for watching vids in Hotels.
So is it possible to use an USB-C -> HDMI adapter with the M5 Pro?

Thanks in advance.
21st April 2018, 04:53 PM |#2  
Flag MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thanks Meter: 3,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladefs

Hi I intend to get one of the M5 Pr's but I have one question before doing that.
I come from a NVidia Shield K1 and so I'm used to have the Tab connected via HDMI for watching vids in Hotels.

Thanks in advance.

Will check later today and report back mate.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs
22nd April 2018, 09:14 AM |#3  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Can you please post the used Adapter for it, if it works. I tried at the office with an LG 21:9 Display and am not sure, whether the resolution was too much, whether the adapter did not work, or whether it is not supported
22nd April 2018, 03:36 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m4r7ph0n36uru

Will check later today and report back mate.

I found an article on notebookcheck.com. They tested the normal M5 Pad and found that HDMI is not possible.

What was your outcome with the Pro Model?

Gesendet von meinem VKY-L09 mit Tapatalk
22nd April 2018, 03:55 PM |#5  
Flag MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Thanks Meter: 3,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I found an article on notebookcheck.com. They tested the normal M5 Pad and found that HDMI is not possible.

What was your outcome with the Pro Model?

Gesendet von meinem VKY-L09 mit Tapatalk

Didn't get it to run as of yet. But I've another connector and an App installed. Will check this evening again. Am out in the sun at the moment.

Edit 04/23: sorry for being late on here. Didn't have the time to check yesterday, but promise that I will have this evening for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5m4r7ph0n36uru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5m4r7ph0n36uru Ad-Free
15th May 2018, 03:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Any luck getting hdmi to work?
15th May 2018, 03:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obveron

Any luck getting hdmi to work?

Tried yesterday with USB-2-HDMI Adapter. Notebook is working. Huawei M5 8.4 is not giving any signal.
16th May 2018, 07:13 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
There is this line in the Vendor build.prop file:

ro.hdmi.service=false

Might be worth experimenting with.
16th May 2018, 09:44 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

hey i also switched from a shield k1 but went the normal m5 and its a great switch mate but as for streaming mate you could a chromcast or a cheap android dongle/box from ebay which would work fine, i know its not what your after but it is a work around mate
16th May 2018, 06:54 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgee789

hey i also switched from a shield k1 but went the normal m5 and its a great switch mate but as for streaming mate you could a chromcast or a cheap android dongle/box from ebay which would work fine, i know its not what your after but it is a work around mate

thanks for your answer, but this would not help since amazon is not working with chromecast in offline mode. But it is similar to the answer someone gave on Android-Hilfe.de
17th May 2018, 02:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Reading in other Huawei sections, seems no others support mhl or slimport. So I don't think it's capable of video output.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)