Ergonomics (in-hand feel)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Please, no "that's what she said" jokes. Rate this thread to express how you think the Huawei MediaPad M5 feels in-hand. A higher rating indicates that it's comfortable to hold for long periods of time, even in one hand. Resist the urge to say "TWSS" just now. Seriously.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

coreo

Apr 3, 2008
I got the 10.8 and it feels great in hand whilst sitting up..But when lying on your back in bed it's a little too thin and hard to hold, feel like your going to drop it on your face..
I've ordered a back cover for it, just waiting for it to come. Hopefully will make it nicer to hang onto whilst lying down..

Surethom

Jul 10, 2008
N/A
The 10.8" tablets feels a good weight I the hand but the back & front glass is very slippy you definitely need some sort of case. I have the Samsung s 10.5 & the back is not slippy at all & even the glass is less slippy & less reflective I guess Samsung put some sort of coating on the glass?

Obveron

Jul 31, 2013
I was surprised to see the main camera bulges out, makes me nervous setting the tablet down.

MR Roland

Apr 23, 2018
handy with the right case

I have to say im liking mine. I have bought the case with cover and the gel case. I found the flip case to always need flipping to access, so would tend to just go for my laptop instead. Having the gel case, I found it much easier to use and fitted a glass screen protector as obviously its going in bags without a cover. The case is grippy enough that I can prop it up on any table surface without worrying about it sliding over. The haptic feedback is terrible though. Feels like something you get on a $50 smartphone. The 10.8" is a great size too. I find myself pretty much always watching media in landscape mode and everything else portrait.

alvinlwh

Dec 14, 2017
Kirkwall
I bought this tablet as an upgrade from my SHIELD Tablet K1 and it feels great to hold, it's light for it size and the rounded edges are very comfortable

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

I too got this as a replacement for a K1 and found that this is harder to hold compared to the K1. This feels really slippy compared to the all plastic K1. Getting a case for it to have more grip.

I too got this as a replacement for a K1 and found that this is harder to hold compared to the K1. This feels really slippy compared to the all plastic K1. Getting a case for it to have more grip.

yeah it is really slippy lol but i had a case waiting for it so it ok for me but this tablet is way better than my beloved k1 tablet