mediapad t5 dpi settings

Search This thread

muchte_

Mar 25, 2019
Hi,

i´m a little confused. I tried to change the dpi settings on my new mediapad t5 under system -> developer options -> smallest width to 800 (and i tried 700,that was changed to 702) but when i reboot it is resetted to 566.
I also tried to chage it with the tool "minimal_adb_fastboot_1.4.3_portable" and used the command adb shell wm density 800 && adb reboot the device does a reboot but the value is not changed. i dont want to root the device right now. how can i change the dpi without rooting, what did i wrong?

EtienneHD

Sep 4, 2017
That's "normal" I can't keep it when I reboot too.

for my end I'm ok rooting but I didn't found a way to make it stay after a reboot.
I'm really waiting for custom rom... Really good tablet but not-so-good EMUI8...

muchte_

Mar 25, 2019
is it possible to have a start script that will set the dpi to 700 on every boot? does someone know how to implement a startscript without root?

Rockel

Nov 4, 2013
Tilburg
Huawei MediaPad T5
Moto G8 Plus
Also trying to achieve this now. But get the same problem.
It's set to normall again after rebooting.

From the other side, USB debugging is also not holding it's settings. So don't know if it's related to each other somehow.

I also noticed that the left side icons in the settings menu dissapear when changing dpi setting above 640?
So far rebooting is the only way to get them back (resetting dpi) for me.

Annyone found a sollution already for this? Or can someone confirm rooting will help (keeping the stock ROM)?

Last edited:

sheenswizner

Feb 3, 2011
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I am also looking for solution but no clue !
The only solution is Polished Custom Rom and it's not available yet!
I am using this tab for Netflix and Prime only. So, right now I am happy with EMUI 8.

Sent from my ELE-AL00 using Tapatalk

StuDB

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys, this has already been asked in this forum somewhere.. I've changed my dpi to a usable setting although I'm not sure what it's actually set to!

Use Quickshortcutmaker, grab it from play store. You can create a home screen icon to open vision settings. Open the settings and set everything to small.

I've done this and it persists through a reboot. I can't tell you if it's 700 but it's way better than the insane huge stock settings